Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's rank Judas Priest, #7

Go down 
+11
Glower
the sentinel
Required Fields
tohostudios
Troublezone
Gilbert
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Lari
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which one of these is best?
Rocka Rolla (1974)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Vote_lcap0%Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Sin After Sin (1977)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Vote_lcap36%Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Vote_rcap
 36% [ 8 ]
Killing Machine (1979)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Vote_lcap18%Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 4 ]
Point of Entry (1981)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Vote_lcap5%Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Turbo (1986)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Vote_lcap5%Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Ram It Down (1988)
 18% [ 4 ]
Jugulator (1997)
 0% [ 0 ]
Demolition (2001)
 0% [ 0 ]
Angel of Retribution (2005)
 0% [ 0 ]
Nostradamus (2008)
 0% [ 0 ]
Redeemer of Souls (2014)
 0% [ 0 ]
Firepower (2018)
 18% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Empty
PostSubject: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 3:46 pm

1. Defenders of the Faith (1984) 24% of the vote
2. Painkiller (1990) 30% of the vote
3. Screaming for Vengeance (1982) 29% of the vote
4. Stained Class (1978) 40% of the vote
5. British Steel (1980) 50% of the vote
6. Sad Wings of Destiny (1976) 67% of the vote

Sad Wings deservedly takes 6th place. Somehow I figured it'd rank even higher. It is such a beloved classic. And an historic heavy metal milestone.

Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Sw-od

What iconic cover art, too!

But now.... from here on things get real interesting. We're slowly moving away from universally beloved classics and I have no idea which album wins this round. I don't yet even know how I'll vote myself.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 3:49 pm

Sin After Sin gets my vote this round.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 3:56 pm

Sin After Sin
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 4:32 pm

Sin After Sin

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 5:23 pm

My Top 7

1. Screaming For Vengeance
2. Stained Class
3. Defenders of the Faith
4. British Steel
5. Sad Wings of Destiny
6. Killing Machine
7. Sin After Sin

With Killing Machine still on the board, I will go with that.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 6:04 pm

Ram it down, damn it headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 6:33 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Ram It Down their throats! Damn it
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 6:35 pm

nevermore wrote:

Same here

So this is the "loser's bracket" of Priest albums.  Definitely Sin After Sin.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 6:37 pm

nevermore wrote:

Same here. Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 604261
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 7:44 pm

Gilbert wrote:

It looks like me, you, and Trouble are the three votes so far for Ram. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 8:15 pm

I’m number 4 for Ram It Down.
How can you deny Halford 1988 screams during “ Love You to Death “.
And a whip sound.
That earthquake sound in the song “Hard As Iron”
The guitar solo intro for “Heavy Metal” - Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 604261
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 9:43 pm

Sin after sin for me.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 10:14 pm

Glower wrote:
And a whip sound.
Neutral

It's possibly my least favourite Priest album.

Drums sound like shit, songs are trite leftovers from Turbo sessions and Chuck Berry rolls in his grave anytime Priest's version of Johnny B.Goode comes up.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 10:24 pm

Oh come on!  How can Ram It Down even remotely compete with Sin After Sin????

I'm not even a "metalhead" and Judas Priest is far from a favorite band for me but comparing those two albums is like the proverbial "apples and oranges" to me, not even close.

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 10:33 pm

Well, I went with Firepower. One of the best metal albums of 2018, maybe the best. Just a great record. A modern day classic.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2020 12:50 am

tohostudios wrote:

I'm not even a "metalhead" and Judas Priest is far from a favorite band for me but comparing those two albums is like the proverbial "apples and oranges" to me, not even close.

Not a metalhead? Then why are you here lol

Just kidding. But I agree with you about comparing these two albums. I like Ram it Down, but I'm surprised so many people rank it so high over other classics like Sin after Sin and Sad Wings.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2020 12:56 am

KILLING MACHINE
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2020 1:39 am

Glower wrote:
And a whip sound.

Amen to that headbanger.

The gates of Valhalla await you, for you are a true defender of the faith headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2020 9:31 am

Sin After Sin
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2020 6:35 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Just kidding. But I agree with you about comparing these two albums. I like Ram it Down, but I'm surprised so many people rank it so high over other classics like Sin after Sin and Sad Wings.

I'm mainly here for the witty banter.  Very Happy

Seriously, I don't consider myself a stereotypical "metalhead" because while I like heavy music, a lot of the "metalhead icons" don't really do much for me.  I'm more into glam/sleaze and punk then straight-ahead metal.  Plus I think when I joined this forum I was going thru a major power metal phase which I've since moved on from but the friends I've made on this board are still here so so am I.  \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2020 7:20 pm

Glower wrote:
And a whip sound.

headbanger Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 604261
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2020 7:24 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Seriously, I don't consider myself a stereotypical "metalhead" because while I like heavy music, a lot of the "metalhead icons" don't really do much for me.  I'm more into glam/sleaze and punk then straight-ahead metal.  Plus I think when I joined this forum I was going thru a major power metal phase which I've since moved on from but the friends I've made on this board are still here so so am I.  \'arry \'eadbanger

And we are happy to have you, brother Toho! Very Happy You too, brother Wrecked! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 1:51 am

tohostudios wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

That's cool, I consider myself a metalhead, but do listen to other types of music too. My music collection is probably about 35% classic rock, with some other small percentages of classical, New age, punk, and techno/industrial. I like some jazz, but haven't bought any of it yet.

And like the sentinel Saud, glad you're here. cheers
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 10:33 am

The Sin After Sin remaster has a nice bonus track called Race With the Devil. The original is by a great late 60's British proto-metal band called Gun.

If there are some complaints about the modern/loud/cold/limiter-enhanced sound of those Columbia remasters, they still did a bang on job to include some incredible bonus tracks. Some of their best ever ballads are among those.

The live bonus tracks are also great because none are songs that were included in the Unleashed in the East / Priest... Live! albums. I made a live album out of those bonus live cuts. And it's just great. I've been into live stuff lately.

The box to put your CD's in is also nice. Nice and sturdy. Mine is still in good condition despite my greasy hands opening and closing it for nearly 20 years now.

I sold my original prints long ago. But I probably should have kept at least the Defenders of the Faith CD, because the channels for KK & Glenn are inexplicably switched around. A minor nuisance, but I still always feel like swapping my L&R speakers when playing it...
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2020 2:22 pm

Lari wrote:
The live bonus tracks are also great because none are songs that were included in the Unleashed in the East / Priest... Live! albums. I made a live album out of those bonus live cuts. And it's just great..

Are you talking about the ones that spell out Judas Priest and make their logo when they are put together in order? I have those, and did the same thing with the bonus live tracks lol. I can't find my copy though, so probably have to make another one soon. My only complaint about those reissues was the sound on my ipod sucks. If listening to the actual cds it's not so bad. Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 604261
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #7   Let's rank Judas Priest, #7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's rank Judas Priest, #7
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next