Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's rank Judas Priest, #6

Go down 
+10
metalinmyveins
tohostudios
metalken
Thrasher73
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Lari
14 posters

Which one of these is best?
Rocka Rolla (1974)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Vote_lcap0%Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Sad Wings of Destiny (1976)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Vote_lcap65%Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Vote_rcap
 65% [ 11 ]
Sin After Sin (1977)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Vote_lcap6%Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Killing Machine (1979)
 0% [ 0 ]
Point of Entry (1981)
 0% [ 0 ]
Turbo (1986)
 0% [ 0 ]
Ram It Down (1988)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Vote_lcap18%Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Jugulator (1997)
 0% [ 0 ]
Demolition (2001)
 0% [ 0 ]
Angel of Retribution (2005)
 0% [ 0 ]
Nostradamus (2008)
 0% [ 0 ]
Redeemer of Souls (2014)
 0% [ 0 ]
Firepower (2018)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Vote_lcap11%Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Empty
PostSubject: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 8:29 am

1. Defenders of the Faith (1984) 24% of the vote
2. Painkiller (1990) 30% of the vote
3. Screaming for Vengeance (1982) 29% of the vote
4. Stained Class (1978) 40% of the vote
5. British Steel (1980) 50% of the vote

Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 S-l400-1

Fifth place goes to this classic. Home of two of the most well-known Priest songs of all, but just as importantly it contains solid, heavy, deep cuts that sound good to this day.

But who wins next? We've still got some fan favourites and all-time great albums left.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 8:57 am

Sad Wings dammit

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 9:03 am

Sad Wings you losers!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 9:23 am

Yea, I'm gonna say Sad Wings too.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 10:58 am

Ram it Down headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 11:00 am

Sad Wings for me.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 3:13 pm

There are three good candidates here for me.

The obvious option is Sad Wings. Any album with Victim of Changes, the Ripper, Genocide and Dreamer Deceiver is going to be great. It's also a very important album not only to Priest, but to heavy metal.

The other one I'm liking above others is the Killing Machine. It has just the right amount of pop influence added, but for the most part it's just this heavy and to the point Priest album. Delivering the Goods, Hell Bent for Leather, the title track are all great. Nothing too fancy. Just heavy metal. I always forget how great this album is until I spin it.

The third one I really, really like (and this may come as a surprise) is Jugulator. It was also the first Priest album I bought new when it was released. It's a unique listen and one of a kind in Priest discography. Their heaviest, and it has prime Tim Owens. Cathedral Spires slays, and I like almost all the tracks a lot (Blood Stained is a little dull though). I don't reach for this when I feel like listening to Priest, but I play it when I want something a little more ...brutal. Brutal, but still Priest.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 3:14 pm

Firepower, too. Damn. I forgot. That's a fine album, too. I feel like voting for it.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 4:11 pm

Sad Wings
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 4:19 pm

Lots of good albums here. Hell, Redeemer is awesome too.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 4:46 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Lots of good albums here. Hell, Redeemer is awesome too.
The last two are very good.

I am a big Priest fan, but the reunion did little to me until Redeemer of Souls. Angel of Retribution and Nostradamus left me wanting for more Tim Owens. Sacrilege, I know, but Halford's return did not make up for the loss in youth and raw ability. I was actually happy the band had gotten younger and thus was going to have more years left in them (imagine Owens/Faulkner/Sneap/Travis carrying the torch!).

Not until Redeemer of Souls that is. Old guys Tipton and Halford still had it in them. And that's when they showed it.

I do like some of AoR. Revolution is a cool track. Judas Rising is great. Nostradamus had its moments too. Alone, Visions, etc. But as a whole, those were not great albums.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 7:14 pm

SAD WINGS

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 7:58 pm

I almost voted Sad Wings but I went with Sin After Sin mainly for nostalgic reasons; it's the first Priest album I heard.  I think if I objectively listen to both albums now I'd probably vote for SWoD but when I hear SAS I still remember that feeling of "WHOA!!!" the first time I heard it.

I also like "Turbo" for similar reasons; that was a major "party album" for my college years.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 8:33 pm

My Top 6

1. Screaming For Vengeance
2. Stained Class
3. Defenders of the Faith
4. British Steel
5. Sad Wings of Destiny
6. Killing Machine

I voted for Sad Wings of Destiny.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 8:56 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Ram it Down headbanger.

Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 604261 Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 604261 Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 604261
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 9:35 pm

Sad Wings of Destiny is the best. I can't believe the number of people who prefer British Steel to Sad Wings of Destiny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2020 11:44 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Ram it Down headbanger.

Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 604261 Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 604261 Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 604261

Ram it Down and Painkiller have such a similar vibe headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 11:56 am

Required Fields wrote:
Sad Wings of Destiny is the best. I can't believe the number of people who prefer British Steel to Sad Wings of Destiny.
This!

I love British Steel but come on!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 12:07 pm

I think I'll end this round today. It's not run for long, but let's not kid ourselves - this is basically a walkover.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 3:31 pm

Lari wrote:
I think I'll end this round today. It's not run for long, but let's not kid ourselves - this is basically a walkover.

Yeah, I think it was over a couple of days ago. Laughing very hard The masses have spoken. Next...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 3:48 pm

Sad Wings Of Destiny
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2020 7:42 pm

Gilbert wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Ram it Down headbanger.

Ram it Down and Painkiller have such a similar vibe headbanger.

Agreed!

I have always felt that if Priest were allowed to do the "Twin Turbos" double album they wanted to do with some of the heavier songs from "Ram It Down" in 1986 (and added Heart of A Lion track) then Turbo would be looked upon more favorably than it is .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #6   Let's rank Judas Priest, #6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's rank Judas Priest, #6
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: