Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Current 93 and Death In June

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Current 93 and Death In June Empty
PostSubject: Current 93 and Death In June   Current 93 and Death In June Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 11:56 pm

Anyone familiar with either one of these bands? They play a very dark apocalyptic folk stuff. A lot of gothic people like them, though they are not really goth.

I'm thinking of scoring a few of their albums as I've never owned anything by either of them - but have heard good things.

Anyone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current 93 and Death In June   Current 93 and Death In June Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 12:35 pm

No one? I realize these bands are pretty obscure, but I thought surely someone here would know something about them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current 93 and Death In June   Current 93 and Death In June Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 1:42 pm

I've heard of Death in June but nothing by them.

As for Current 93 I have one of their albums, "Swastikas for Goddy." Very, very strange, experimental/folk stuff. I don't know if I can honestly say I'd recommend it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current 93 and Death In June   Current 93 and Death In June Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 2:53 pm

I don't have anything by either band, but they have both been on my radar for years now. I can't honestly say whether I'd like them or not. The stuff I heard was also very 'strange' - but I like some of that stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Current 93 and Death In June   Current 93 and Death In June Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 4:16 pm

I just got "Sleep Has His House" by Current Ninety Three. Very strange stuff. Not sure if I like it or not. It's weird. I guess time will tell.

Their stuff is sure hard to come by. You can't really get it anywhere save for ebay. Amazon.com has a 'small' select portion of stuff, but it's outrageously expensive.

Death in June is even harder to come by.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current 93 and Death In June   Current 93 and Death In June Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Current 93 and Death In June
Page 1 of 1