Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's rank Judas Priest, #1

Go down 
+14
Mglaffas81
Thrasher73
Gilbert
Glower
metalken
glassprison
mikeinfla
the sentinel
Troublezone
Witchfinder
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Lari
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which one of these is the best?
Sad Wings of Destiny (1976)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
Sin After Sin (1977)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Stained Class (1978)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 22% [ 6 ]
Killing Machine (1979)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
British Steel (1980)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Point of Entry (1981)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Screaming for Vengeance (1982)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
Defenders of the Faith (1984)
 15% [ 4 ]
Turbo (1986)
 0% [ 0 ]
Ram It Down (1988)
 4% [ 1 ]
Painkiller (1990)
Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
Jugulator (1997)
 0% [ 0 ]
Angel of Retribution (2005)
 0% [ 0 ]
Redeemer of Souls (2014)
 0% [ 0 ]
Firepower (2018)
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #1   Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2020 2:10 pm

Looks like it was actually a 3 way tie.

Should’ve waited for a tie breaker before announcing the winner...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #1   Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2020 3:03 pm

Criticism accepted. The last couple of voters added to Stained Class / Painkiller. In my defense it was not a tie the moment I tallied the votes. I had a good moment at work to open up the second poll, while this poll had been running for a good 66 hours and I saw it was not a tie.

But it's not that serious anyway and I guess you have to cut things off at some point, so that just happened to be it so tough luck Stained Class / Painkiller.

The top three were extremely close which is a testament to the versatility of the band to have releases from three decades pop up as tied top disc.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #1   Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2020 4:57 pm

I like at least one tune off of every Priest album (yes even Turbo), and I wouldn't argue with any of you about your favorite, but for me, Sad Wings is front to back enjoyable. Especially if you start with "Prelude" (side 2 first). Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 604261
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #1   Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 10:48 am

I flip between Screaming For Vengeance and Stained Class all the time. Went with Screaming.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #1   Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 9:21 am

I bump this thread not because I want more votes, but to simply draw attention to the fact how you can't name one Judas Priest album above others and have everyone agree. They have no less than five perfect albums, all-time classics, which are all within one vote.

You couldn't even do a proper runoff vote with this catalogue. An amazing body of work.

Also, since we're here, if anyone wants a new series of polls, let's hear it. I have the rest of the month off so between listening to music, talking about music, watching NHL playoffs and golfing, I will surely have enough time to run a few online polls.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #1   Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 11:52 am

Lari wrote:
Also, since we're here, if anyone wants a new series of polls, let's hear it. I have the rest of the month off so between listening to music, talking about music, watching NHL playoffs and golfing, I will surely have enough time to run a few online polls.

Not sure if it would work because I don't know off the top of my head how many albums each band has, but if it can work, why not do a Priest vs. Maiden poll? Take the number one albums from each band, and vote. Then the second, third, etc etc all the way down. Probably only work if they have the same amount of albums.

Or we could do a King Diamond poll. Maybe make it a combination of Mercyful Fate and his solo stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's rank Judas Priest, #1   Let's rank Judas Priest, #1 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's rank Judas Priest, #1
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2