Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Metal Church Stuff...

Go down 
+10
DallasBlack
nevermore
corplhicks
Lurideath
Wargod
Wrecked Neck
Gilbert
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 1:29 am

the sentinel wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
^^Yeah GN is my favorite record with Ronnie. The craft in those songs is much tighter than the previous releases and the whole album has a neat flow to it. I should pull that one back out, it's been a while.

Furthermore, a new tune! And it's sweet!

Playing it right now. Mike sounds better than ever.

A real return to the roots headbanger headbanger headbanger

I might have to pre order this one form Amazon as I don't think any record stores will be open when this one comes out next month. I never thought I would have to say that.

I will also order my copy online. Not sure it will get delivered any time soon though, since everything is on total lockdown and Post Office's activity is probably very very limited.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6379

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 2:36 am

I think logistics is one of those things listed as being critical to society. You'll get your package.

Here people order medicine and groceries online too. Plus without a delivery chain, supermarkets and pharmacies would have nothing to sell either. Consumer deliveries might not be the biggest priority (first get stores their toilet paper and food and drugstores their paracetamol), but I can't imagine it being shut down.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 5:32 am

Lari wrote:
I think logistics is one of those things listed as being critical to society. You'll get your package.

Here people order medicine and groceries online too. Plus without a delivery chain, supermarkets and pharmacies would have nothing to sell either. Consumer deliveries might not be the biggest priority (first get stores their toilet paper and food and drugstores their paracetamol), but I can't imagine it being shut down.

Man i already have so many pending orders. Over 8 cd's probably!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 9:12 am

the sentinel wrote:
I just checked some pre order prices online for MC and the upcoming Tesla. Not too happy about $20 plus tax and shipping for single disc editions that are probably coming in shitty digi packs.

I just pre-ordered my copy directly from Rat Pak Records. I got just the basic standard cd (I don't need all those extra bells and whistles) for $12.95 and $4.95 shipping which isn't too bad, all things considered. And when I had ordered XI through them a few years back, it actually came the day before the official release.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 8:00 pm

I'd love to hear their rendition of Black Betty!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2020 11:09 pm

Got this one ordered!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 12:36 pm

My copy arrived in the mail today. I've listened through it twice. Excellent release!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 2:07 pm

007 wrote:
My copy arrived in the mail today. I've
listened through it twice. Excellent release!

Still need to order my copy. But with the current lockdown, i seriously doubt it will be delivered to my shores.

Anyways, it is on the top of my want list.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2020 7:08 pm

Gilbert wrote:
007 wrote:
My copy arrived in the mail today. I've
listened through it twice. Excellent release!

Still need to order my copy. But with the current lockdown, i seriously doubt it will be delivered to my shores.

Anyways, it is on the top of my want list.

I think anything deemed "non essential" right now is gonna be a crawl. I preordered the new Satriani album "Shapeshifting"  which releases this Friday and they gave me an arrival date of the end of May. I have held off oredering the new MC and Tesla as I figure if it's gonna take a month and a half to get here, the stores may be open again by then and having some killer sales to boost lost revenue. Speaking of sales online, I am surprised that I haven't seen any promotions from either Ebay, FYE or Newbury Comics trying to make some sales through mail order/ online at all. I am on Ebay daily and on the mailing lists for the other 2 and haven't seen squat.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2020 4:08 pm

I just picked up the new Metal Church on CD. It's pretty damn good, as everything they release usually is. I guess I'm lucky, as my locally owned record store refuses to cave in and will still let you stop by and pick up new releases (or any albums actually) without even coming into the store.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2020 4:20 pm

7thSecond wrote:
I just picked up the new Metal Church on CD. It's pretty damn good, as everything they release usually is. I guess I'm lucky, as my locally owned record store refuses to cave in and will still let you stop by and pick up new releases (or any albums actually) without even coming into the store.

Which store is that?
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 7:15 pm

Gilbert wrote:
7thSecond wrote:

Which store is that?

Scratch N Spin
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 7:57 pm

007 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
I just checked some pre order prices online for MC and the upcoming Tesla. Not too happy about $20 plus tax and shipping for single disc editions that are probably coming in shitty digi packs.

I just pre-ordered my copy directly from Rat Pak Records. I got just the basic standard cd (I don't need all those extra bells and whistles) for $12.95 and $4.95 shipping which isn't too bad, all things considered. And when I had ordered XI through them a few years back, it actually came the day before the official release.

I checked the bay yesterday and found both MC and Tesla for around $14 total with free shipping and tax, so they have dropped a bit. I am guessing maybe not as many sold as they anticipated before all the virus stuff started. Thanks for the info, 007. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 2:46 am

This cover is simply awesome. Hope to receive my copy by mid May:

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2020 4:21 am

Just got the cd in the mail. I was only able to spin the new material. Excellent.

Also got the new Testament. Haven't had the time to play it yet.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 9:23 am

Placed an order for this one last night. So now we play the waiting game.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 11:19 am

I should be getting the last Metal Church album (Damned If You Do) and Testament coming in the mail tomorrow. Can’t wait!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 12:52 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I should be getting the last Metal Church album (Damned If You Do) and Testament coming in the mail tomorrow. Can’t wait!

Enjoy headbanger. I have the latest Wolf and Wolfpakk on the way. Both should reach my shores by Mid June hopefully.

Once those two arrive, i will place a new order for Cirith Ungol, Cloven Hoof and Tokyo Blade.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 5:45 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Enjoy headbanger. I have the latest Wolf and Wolfpakk on the way. Both should reach my shores by Mid June hopefully.

Once those two arrive, i will place a new order for Cirith Ungol, Cloven Hoof and Tokyo Blade.

Thanks. I hope you like your new purchases as well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 11:42 am

Reviewed "From The Vault" at my blog:

https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Metal-Church-From-The-Vault

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 4:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Reviewed "From The Vault" at my blog:

https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Metal-Church-From-The-Vault

Excellent review as always!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church Stuff...   New Metal Church Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Metal Church Stuff...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2