Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day

Go down 
+8
Glower
Required Fields
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
Mglaffas81
corplhicks
12 posters
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Empty
PostSubject: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 5:16 pm

In their entirety, metal or otherwise.

Van Halen - Van Halen
Vicious Rumors - Digital Dictator
Obsession - Methods of Madness (gonna write up on these guys soon)
Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime
Judas Priest- Firepower! Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day 604261
(also Screaming for Vengeance)
Unleash the Archers - Apex

All I can think of for now.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 5:49 pm

Maybe not "throughout the day", but definitely in its entirety, without skipping:

(I'll do one album per band)

Mercyful Fate - Melissa

Metallica - ...And Justice For All

Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny

TYR - Eric the Red

Meatloaf - Bat out of Hell

the Dubliners - 40 Year Anniversary Concert
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 6:49 pm

Quick off the top:

Blind Guardian -NIME

Timeless Miracle - Into the Enchanted Chamber

Tyketto - Don't Come Easy

Alter Bridge - Any Album!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 9:37 pm

Warrior Soul - first 3 albums
Ramones - first 4 albums, Too Tough to Die
Black Sabbath - debut
Megadeth - Peace Sells, Rust, Endgame
Kiss - debut, Rock n Roll Over, Revenge
Savatage - Dungeons, Gutter Ballet Streets
Overkill - Feel the Fire, Horrorscope, From the Underground

...and about a thousand others Razz

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 10:26 pm

Interesting subject.

So, what albums can I listen to all the way through without skipping anything?

That's going to take some thought.  Even my "favorite" albums usually contain at least one track I skip.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 4:03 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

tohostudios wrote:
Interesting subject.

That's going to take some thought.  Even my "favorite" albums usually contain at least one track I skip.

So, all great stuff so far. I'm uber-curious about Scott's Altar Bridge entries (really?? they're that good?? Where's Rob BTW?).

But yeah, it's like I said about Screaming for Vengeance in the past. There are few albums (for me at least) that have equal weight and impact with every track. So that narrows it down to albums where every track is good, every song matters. Then there's the lifespan of the album. If it's immortal (Rush's Moving Pictures), then of course it fits the criteria. But there aren't a lot of albums like that out there.

Wanna know where this inquisition was born out of? I've had Vicious Rumors' Digital Dictator on ALL DAY. All day. And it made for a glorious day! I really couldn't stop playing it. So it made me think of all those other immortal albums that I've thrown in before and kept playing no matter what because I loved the music so damn much. And that begs the question: truly, what albums stand up to this test?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 11:30 am

I haven't listened to an album more than once a day in almost 20 years. I rarely even spin the same album two days in a row.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 1:39 pm

I can't say I would listen to an album on tepeat, although there are a lot of great suggestions listed in this thread.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 2:39 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

tohostudios wrote:
Interesting subject.

So, all great stuff so far. I'm uber-curious about Scott's Altar Bridge entries (really?? they're that good?? Where's Rob BTW?).

They just hit me where I itch. I always tell my girls when we listen to them in awe; "They can't write a bad song."

One Day Remains, Blackbird, and AB III in particular.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 5:57 pm

A repeated listen - I recently found out - is a good way to break a band into your head.
I usually never ever do a repeat listen in one day though. But I recently did - with a band called “ Artillery “
The cd “ Terror Squad “ - and this week “ Fear of Tomorrow “ .
I’ve been buying some thrash - and the CD happens so fast - I just hit play again when it finished.
It has to be a band / release I’ve never heard of.

Last edited by Glower on Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 6:19 pm

The new Rage album, Wings of Rage, seems to work for this purpose.

That's all I've got at this point, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 6:34 pm

Most likely a greatest hits album from whatever band I choose for the day.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 8:13 pm

It would depend on the day really but some recently;

Def Leppard- High n Dry
AC/DC- Highway to Hell
Black Crowes- Shake your Money Maker
Wraith- Revelation
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 9:05 pm

I know I have told the story before of driving home from work in a Nor'easter back in 2008 or so and playing the first Fifth Angel album over and over again. I'll be honest, there are probably too many to mention; but I will give it a try. I would add in:

Def Leppard - 1st three albums
Van Halen - 1st two albums
Anthrax - Among the Living
DLR - Eat 'em and Smile
Badlands - 1st two albums
Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind/ Somewhere in Time
Dokken - Under Lock and Key
Savatage - Power and Hall
Priest - British Steel and Screaming
Keel - The Final Frontier
Satriani - Surfing
Lion - Dangerous Attraction
Whitesnake - 1987
Riot - Thundersteel

Most of these are the albums that I am disappointed when they are over and I instantly want to play them again.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 9:23 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
It would depend on the day really but some recently;

Def Leppard- High n Dry
AC/DC- Highway to Hell
Black Crowes- Shake your Money Maker
Wraith- Revelation

Good calls with Def Leppard and AC/DC; those are non-skippers for me as well. 

Obviously there are some tracks I like on both those albums more than other tracks but nothing makes me reach for the "next" button on either one.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2020 9:29 pm

And I have an obscure one that I HAVE listened to back-to-back-to-back on multiple occasions.

Planet P - Pink World

This was back in the days when I read liner notes and tried to grasp the entire story behind a "concept album".  I'm still not sure I entirely understand what the hell Tony Carey was talking about in this album but it's still a good listen for me (although not one I'm going to listen to over and over in succession).

I really can't think of any album I'd listen to over and over during a single day.  These days I guess I have "music ADD".

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 8:16 am

I thought of another: Queensryche - The Warning
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 8:19 am

the sentinel wrote:
 Somewhere in Time
Listening to Deja Vu on repeat qualifies as torture, I'd think.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 8:57 am

Lari wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
 Somewhere in Time
Listening to Deja Vu on repeat qualifies as torture, I'd think.

I don't think it's the greatest song they ever recorded, but the album as a whole makes up for it. I don't think it's "skip worthy" like a ballad or slow dirge. A bit different than what Shay said above about each song having equal weight, the albums I presented, I like every song (some more than others) but I don't feel the need to skip over any of them.

As far as how many repeated spins of an album before you get annoyed is another question. It would have to depend on what you are doing while the album plays: are you writing, cleaning the house or yard work, painting, napping? Is the album just background noise? Some things to ponder.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 9:12 am

Another question is about a new release. I know a lot of guys here spin a new album multiple times to digest it. I am not one of those, I know if I like it after a few spins. No judgment, everyone is different. So, is it a new release that is getting time on the turn table? Or an old fave from the glory days?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 11:24 am

the sentinel wrote:
Another question is about a new release. I know a lot of guys here spin a new album multiple times to digest it. I am not one of those, I know if I like it after a few spins. No judgment, everyone is different. So, is it a new release that is getting time on the turn table? Or an old fave from the glory days?
New ones. I can throw in an old favourite but it's not getting repeated listens.

Friday night I played tracks 4-7 of the new Rage album for a good 90 minutes. That makes probably 6x or something, but it sounded good, sounded fresh. With a bottle of cheap Australian red. 

I don't think I'd want to hear Wasted Years 6 times.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 6:18 pm

Yeah prog albums on repeat for sure to let them sink in (the aha moment, love it), some traditional albums.

Toho I'm spinning that Planet P album. Fascinating so far!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 8:27 pm

Lari wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
New ones. I can throw in an old favourite but it's not getting repeated listens.

Friday night I played tracks 4-7 of the new Rage album for a good 90 minutes. That makes probably 6x or something, but it sounded good, sounded fresh. With a bottle of cheap Australian red. 

I don't think I'd want to hear Wasted Years 6 times.

I have always respected you for being able to do that. Smile I just don't have the patience. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 9:48 pm

Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 4:03 am

007 wrote:
I can't say I would listen to an album on tepeat, although there are a lot of great suggestions listed in this thread.
I also wouldn't choose to listen to an album I already know on repeat. Once (in a day) is good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day   Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums you can easily listen to on repeat throughout the day
Page 1 of 1