Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Danny Waysted

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Danny Waysted Empty
PostSubject: Danny Waysted   Danny Waysted Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 9:13 pm

I been binging on this guy's youtube channel for a few weeks now. I honestly don't know the dude, but he seems like a genuinely cool cat and has a passion for Hard Rock and Heavy Metal. I like how he does the compilations by year and/ or by country of origin. It's a good way to find some obscure thing that may have passed ya by many moons ago. For example, I was introduced to Treat from his Best of 1986 comp while on lunch today at work. Here's a sampling:

I've made a few comments on the uploads and he responds to almost everyone. I really like the backgrounds with all the album covers and the color scheme. As you all know, I love making comps (always did even back in the day) so this is right in my wheelhouse. I think it's cool to ponder why someone leads off with a particular track or ends with another and what songs they chose. Do me (and Danny) a solid and check him out.

P.s. - some bands and artists can't be included (like Ozzy and AC/DC and the Coop) due to copyright issues so that's why they are missing on best of comps when they otherwise would have been there.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Danny Waysted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Waysted   Danny Waysted Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 9:55 pm

Oh yeah, I have listened to a ton on his page.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Danny Waysted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Waysted   Danny Waysted Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 12:39 pm

I've also discovered so many bands via his channel. It's an amazing resource.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Danny Waysted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Waysted   Danny Waysted Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 1:45 pm

glassprison wrote:
I've also discovered so many bands via his channel. It's an amazing resource.

Nothing would beat Scott Waters and his NLTM website when it comes to discovering new bands headbanger.
I hope it gets regular updates again, like before.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Danny Waysted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Waysted   Danny Waysted Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 9:26 pm

Don't plan on it, he's super busy with his label and YouTube stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Danny Waysted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Waysted   Danny Waysted Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 4:28 am

I thought there would be commentary on the videos, like on a radio show. It's only a playlist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Danny Waysted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danny Waysted   Danny Waysted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Danny Waysted
Page 1 of 1