Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crazy Lixx--Forever Wild (2019)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Crazy Lixx--Forever Wild (2019) Empty
PostSubject: Crazy Lixx--Forever Wild (2019)   Crazy Lixx--Forever Wild (2019) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 9:06 pm

This already sounds better than anything on their last album. Sounds much more like the sound they had on 2012's Riot Avenue. Looking forward!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Lixx--Forever Wild (2019)   Crazy Lixx--Forever Wild (2019) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 9:24 pm

I'm not sure exactly what it is but something about this band has always turned me off.  Maybe they're too "hair-metalish" and not punk or sleaze enough or something.  I have the same reaction to this track; it's not bad per se but it somehow sounds "dated" to me. 

I have several Crazy Lixx albums and never spin any of them for the same reason; I keep trying to like this band but I just don't.  I don't despise them like Dave Matthews Band or Journey or anything but their sound just doesn't click with me because I think it sounds too "90's" (if that makes any sense).

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Lixx--Forever Wild (2019)   Crazy Lixx--Forever Wild (2019) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 11:57 pm

^^You're spot on. In fact, "boy band" always comes to mind when I hear them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Lixx--Forever Wild (2019)   Crazy Lixx--Forever Wild (2019) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 10:54 am

Not bad. But I like my hair bands like my women. A little dirty.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Lixx--Forever Wild (2019)   Crazy Lixx--Forever Wild (2019) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 6:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Not bad. But I like my hair bands like my women. A little dirty.

Laughing very hard

Exactly!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Lixx--Forever Wild (2019)   Crazy Lixx--Forever Wild (2019) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 6:32 pm

I really, REALLY keep trying to like Crazy Lixx but they just keep sounding like a band stuck in the late 80s/early 90s "hair" band style and they don't seem willing to adapt to a "rougher" sound.

They keep sounding like a poor-man's Trixter to me and that sure isn't a good thing.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Lixx--Forever Wild (2019)   Crazy Lixx--Forever Wild (2019) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 6:38 pm

OK, I listened to that track again.

You know what my problem is with it?  The chorus.  It sounds like the vocal overdub crap Def Leppard started using circa "Hysteria".

I think that's my major problem with this band; they always remind me of that era of Def Leppard and that's when I think DL started to really bite the big one.

If I detach myself from that the song itself isn't really bad; it's not great and pretty generic but I could dig it with different vocals.

EDIT: Like I said before, I keep trying to like Crazy Lixx but something about their sound just turns me off.  It sounds too "processed" or something for a band trading in this genre.  Like it's corporately orchestrated...

PostSubject: Re: Crazy Lixx--Forever Wild (2019)   Crazy Lixx--Forever Wild (2019) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crazy Lixx--Forever Wild (2019)
Page 1 of 1