Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM

Go down 
+4
glassprison
exact33
tohostudios
brokentulsa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Empty
PostSubject: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 7:15 pm

ok all you glam/sleaze fans..here is another new release by the band crazy lixx... I think it is better than the last one ..

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 7:37 pm

The more I listen to this band, the more I think they sound like Hysteria-era Def Leppard which is not a good thing in my book.  I have the first 3 and I read a glowing review at sleazeroxx.com of this new one but when I listened to the samples on Amazon all I heard was that same Def Leppard sound again so I think I'll pass.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 7:29 pm

i am up for this one. I like them a lot.

glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 7:22 pm

I've listened to it twice now. It is good, and in the same vein as their previous albums, but I haven't found any standout tracks that have really stuck with me like some on the other releases.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 7:13 am

I was on iTunes last night listening to their stuff. Wanted to download a few tracks but didn't know what to get because I liked it all. Same with Tango Down, will wait for some more $$$ then prob download the whole Crazy Lixx album.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 12:16 pm

glassprison wrote:
I've listened to it twice now. It is good, and in the same vein as their previous albums, but I haven't found any standout tracks that have really stuck with me like some on the other releases.

Agree with this 100%
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 9:41 pm

My favorites from Crazy Lixx are:

Fire it Up
Sweet, Bad & Beautiful
Road to Babylon
21 'til I Die
Dr. Hollywood
Love on the Run
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 9:11 am

glassprison wrote:
My favorites from Crazy Lixx are:

Fire it Up
Sweet, Bad & Beautiful
Road to Babylon
21 'til I Die
Dr. Hollywood
Love on the Run

Dumb question, but these are songs right? I'll check them out on iTunes and grab the best ones.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 1:39 pm

Not sure what this means for the future of the band, but both guitarists have split...

Quote :
Swedish rockers Crazy Lixx have just announced the departure of their two guitarists, Edd Liam and Andy Zäta.

The band has released the following statement in that regard: “What many might have suspected can now officially be confirmed – guitarist Edd Liam has, for personal reasons, decided to quit the band. Edd has been in Crazy Lixx since the start of the 2010 tour following the release of our second album New Religion and played on two studio albums – Riot Avenue (2012) and the self-titled Crazy Lixx (2014). What may come as more of a surprise is that this summer also brings the end to Andy Zäta’s 7 year long career as lead guitar player for CL as he is now instead assuming one of the guitarist positions in the newly started British rock band Inglorious. Andy joined after the departure of Vic Zino (who joined Hardcore Superstar) in 2008 and has been, together with singer Danny Rexon, one of the main song-writers for the band and also the co-producer on the last two studio albums.

As to the future of the band, nothing has yet been decided. – “It is indeed a difficult position for us and we have yet to discuss how we will react on this situation, but I would lie if I said the band’s future existence isn’t at stake. The rest of us will have to sit down and start making plans for the remainder of the year and most importantly, decide whether Crazy Lixx is in those plans or not.” – says lead singer and founder Danny Rexon.”

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2017 9:07 pm

So they broke up and now are back together with a new guitarist and are in the studio.. new album coming soon.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2017 11:39 pm

While I love their first three albums, I didn't care for the last one at all. Hoping for a rebound here.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 9:26 am

the whole glam thing hit s speedbump. The last HCSS and this band releases were pretty awful.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 9:48 am

exact33 wrote:
the whole glam thing hit s speedbump. The last HCSS and this band releases were pretty awful.

I don't really know Crazy Lixx enough, but yea, that last Hardcore Superstar album was terrible.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 8:16 pm

I agree. I've lost nearly all interest in HCSS at this point. Reckless Love is my current favorite of the glam/sleaze bands, but they are going in more of a pop direction, so I'm not sure how long they will continue to fall under that category.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 8:28 pm

Count me in the anti-HCSS camp too; I don't even give them the time of day anymore.

And I've never been able to get into Crazy Lixx either. Reading back through this thread I see that almost 2 1/2 years ago I said they sounded like Hysteria-era Def Leppard. Nothing in the intervening time has changed my opinion. They're not horrible but nothing I really want to listen to either.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 8:42 pm

glassprison wrote:
I agree. I've lost nearly all interest in HCSS at this point. Reckless Love is my current favorite of the glam/sleaze bands, but they are going in more of a pop direction, so I'm not sure how long they will continue to fall under that category.

i enjoyed the first three reckless love but have no interest in the latest one.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 8:55 pm

Actually I've been losing my interest in all the glam/sleaze bands unless ones like Diamond Dogs, Dogs d'Amour or Quireboys count.

Probably because I've been on a major Ginger Wildheart kick and that guy's music pretty much defies categorization.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 3:17 am

Here's the first single from the new album. It sounds better than anything on the last album in terms of songwriting. Stylistically there's nothing new here:

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 9:55 am

I like the new track..its typical modern glam with an 80s feel and look.. Interested in hearing more from this band..
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 7:04 pm

sounds good. I might get it.

brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 7:15 pm

More from the new album...

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 10:06 pm

glassprison wrote:

Here's the first single from the new album. It sounds better than anything on the last album in terms of songwriting. Stylistically there's nothing new here:

A friend recommended this band to me. I checked them out but wasn't blown away or anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM   CRAZY LIXX  NEW ALBUM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CRAZY LIXX NEW ALBUM
Page 1 of 1