Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Peacemaker

Go down 
+6
the sentinel
Gilbert
corplhicks
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Peacemaker - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peacemaker   Peacemaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 2:06 am

Killer preview, FF! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Peacemaker   Peacemaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 8:07 am

Finished my review of Concrete & Terror. Thanx again for the tip, Shawn. Very Happy

https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Peacemaker-Concrete-and-Terror-Album-Review

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Peacemaker   Peacemaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 10:19 am

Speaking of Savatage... If Jon Oliva ever got the band back together but didn’t feel up to singing, Ronnie would be the perfect choice to replace him.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Peacemaker   Peacemaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 11:24 am

FF, hope your review gives more exposure to the band, this is a great album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Peacemaker   Peacemaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 11:54 am

Dark Horseman wrote:

I wish I had that kind of influence Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Peacemaker   Peacemaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 2:11 pm

C'mon, I bet they'll be like 3 reads in the next month. happy
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Peacemaker   Peacemaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 2:18 pm

Makes me wonder why Brutal Planet is signing bands when they hardly push them? Ever hear of Tango Down before? Like you said FF, the guitar smokes.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Peacemaker   Peacemaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 3:23 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Makes me wonder why Brutal Planet is signing bands when they hardly push them? Ever hear of Tango Down before? Like you said FF, the guitar smokes.

I've heard *of* Tango Down before but till I did some digging on YouTube I'd never actually heard'em. They seem to have a bit more "melodic rock" (read: 80s hair metal) sound while Peacemaker is straight up metal.

Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Peacemaker   Peacemaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 4:41 pm

Don't sell yourself short man, I count myself as one of your dozen loyal readers!

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

I wish I had that kind of influence Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Peacemaker   Peacemaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 4:41 pm

Tango Down is on Kivel, they've been around for a while and are known in the melodic rock scene.

Dark Horseman wrote:
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Peacemaker   Peacemaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 4:44 pm

Solid write-up Keith. I'm on board with what you said.

The mix on this album is kind of phenomenal. The guitar has the perfect crunch, drums aren't terribly loud and muddy, Ronnie's voice never sounded better. However, it's a curiously quite album as well. I have to crank it pretty hard compared to whatever else I might be playing. Not a complaint, it actually adds to the classic melodic sound.

Who produced/engineered this?

I think I found out about Tango Down through Toho. Or glassprison? I forget. Guitarist is kung fu.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Peacemaker   Peacemaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 12:39 pm

kethdredd wrote:
Don't sell yourself short man, I count myself as one of your dozen loyal readers!

And I appreciate all twelve of you! (raises beer)

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Peacemaker   Peacemaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 1:22 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Who produced/engineered this?

The producer was Ty Sims, not a familiar name to me but it looks like he has a fair number of credits (as a performer and producer) in the melodic-rock/retro hair-metal underground:

https://www.discogs.com/artist/4497128-Ty-Sims

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Peacemaker   Peacemaker - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2022 12:54 pm

Finally got the album in the mail. Can't wait to spin it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peacemaker   Peacemaker - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Peacemaker
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2