Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons.

Go down 
+4
Boris2008
James B.
tohostudios
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons. Empty
PostSubject: I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons.   I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 5:37 pm

Thought it was a total dick move to erase all of Frank and Dusty's parts on Eliminator and pre-program that shit [he re-recorded Dusty's basslines and used a drum machine for Frank's beats]. Did it accomplish what he wanted? Sure enough. One of the biggest albums in history. But, I would be pissed if I were them, after making a dozen huge hits beforehand - and not knowing until the album came out that they were not even on it? Hyper Lame. Still love Eliminator, just ranting.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons.   I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 6:15 pm

Ya know, I sort of always suspected that. 

But I'd only be pissed if I didn't get my royalty checks from those hits.  Otherwise you can replace me with a computer or whatever as long as I still get my share.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons.   I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 6:29 pm

Pretty sure Dusty/Frank got nothing but the original session wages.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons.   I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 6:31 pm

Then I'd be furious.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons.   I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 9:13 pm

Parts of "El Loco" have the programming?

Mechanical royalties are chicken feed compared to publishing.

I almost bought a used copy of the Six Pack Box Set and got a killer Rory Gallagher DVD instead. Then later research discovered it had the programming replacing the original drums/bass on the first 5 releases. B/S of the highest magnitude.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons.   I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 10:45 pm

They carried on in the band, did promo for the album and didn't seem to care too much so neither will I.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons.   I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 10:57 pm

^ What that dude said.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons.   I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 8:44 am

From my understanding, Hill and Beard pretty much were never even in the studio for that one, which probably explains why they stayed in the band. They didn't record the album and then had their parts re-recorded by Gibbons; they simply were never on the album from the start.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7631

PostSubject: Re: I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons.   I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 9:20 am

Everyone got super rich so I guess nobody in the band cared.

Great minds think alike Uncle - I just bought this last night:

I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons. R-1596915-1231135854.jpeg
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons.   I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 9:46 am

I knew about the electronic drums, but the bass stuff is news to me. Interesting.

Like Boris said, it didn't seem to bother Frank and Dusty, so I'm not losing any sleep over it either.

PostSubject: Re: I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons.   I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am still displeased with Rev Billy F Gibbons.
Page 1 of 1