Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th

Go down 
+10
Gilbert
Troublezone
Eyesore
the sentinel
James B.
corplhicks
glassprison
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 6:13 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I only own mechanical resonance on cd. Will have to check out more of their work.

Everything up through Bust a Nut is a must-have, in my opinion. Into the Now and Forever More are also quite good. Simplicity is where the wheels fell off a bit. Easily their worst album, and by a good margin.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 4:43 pm

James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
That new song is crap! What the fuck?

I agree 100%

My enthusiasm for this album is rapidly declining with each new song they release. Sad.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 7:34 pm

It's sad as I always felt they stayed true to their sound no matter what. Until now.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 9:57 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
It's sad as I always felt they stayed true to their sound no matter what. Until now.

I'm not even fussed about that or Phil producing or Def Leppard comments. The songs just sound dull to me. I was really disappointed with Simplicity and hoped they were gonna bounce back with this new one, but I don't see that happening. There's no excitement to these songs I'm hearing.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 7:49 pm

After listening through online a couple times it's not as bad as the first released songs made it seem. I actually think The Mission and Tied to the Tracks would fit on Bust a Nut and Jeff actually sounds good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 4:21 pm

FYI...the new album is available thru Target with 3 bonus "alternate mix" tracks for those interested

1. You Won't Take Me Alive
2. Taste Like
3. We Can Rule The World
4. Shock
5. Love Is A Fire
6. California Summer Song
7. Forever Loving You
8. The Mission
9. Tied To The Tracks
10. Afterlife
11. I Want Everything
12. Comfort Zone
BONUS TRACKS
13. Love Is A Fire / Alternate Mix
14. California Summer Song / Alternate Mix
15. Forever Loving You / Alternate Mix

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 7:23 pm

Do the alternate mixes not sound like Def Leppard? Laughing
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 8:39 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

LOL right?? Watch them be completely raw and rockin'.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 9:23 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

No, no...they sound like Bon Jovi headbanger
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 11:00 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2019 11:11 am

Sleaze Roxx reviewed the new album...
http://sleazeroxx.com/reviews/tesla-shock/

Sounds to me that the guy is really trying hard to put a positive spin on an otherwise mediocre album. That's really disappointing, as Tesla has been a long time favorite of mine. They just don't have their mojo anymore.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12645

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 10:57 am

A recent conversation pretty much threw it out that they draw more people in hipster college towns and Brian's cousin works for a consulting firm that used this new super guru algorithm thing to determine that this was the way to go musically. The middle-aged crowd was seen as a declining source of revenue. Oh yeah, the rumor is...with Def Leppard having resurfaced as a major concert draw due to the highly successful co-headline with Journey (They played some stadiums) Tesla might get a coveted opening slot on a Live Nation shed run this summer with Leppard. So that is (maybe) why they were rubbing Phil's belly and letting him produce?

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2019 10:38 pm

DL's last album is as close to the late 80's sound as they can and it worked for them. I think if Tesla wanted to recreate the first couple albums sound it would've worked but this sounding like DL clones is a little much.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 9:01 am

James B. wrote:
A recent conversation pretty much threw it out that they draw more people in hipster college towns and Brian's cousin works for a consulting firm that used this new super guru algorithm thing to determine that this was the way to go musically.  The middle-aged crowd was seen as a declining source of revenue.  Oh yeah, the rumor is...with Def Leppard having resurfaced as a major concert draw due to the highly successful co-headline with Journey (They played some stadiums)  Tesla might get a coveted opening slot on a Live Nation shed run this summer with Leppard.  So that is (maybe) why they were rubbing Phil's belly and letting him produce?

I agree with that, James. I would never fault the guys for making a living as we all have to do whatever to pay the mortgage and eat; but, for those of us that have been there since the beginning, it's a kick in the nuts to be seen as a declining revenue stream while a fave band is co opted by milennials.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 9:16 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sleaze Roxx reviewed the new album...
http://sleazeroxx.com/reviews/tesla-shock/

Sounds to me that the guy is really trying hard to put a positive spin on an otherwise mediocre album. That's really disappointing, as Tesla has been a long time favorite of mine. They just don't have their mojo anymore.

Y' know, it's funny, when "Simplicity" came out I felt the same way. I got it new and popped it in the player on the way down to the beach with the wife. Nothing clicked. It was just there. I remember feeling this way about Great White's "Elation" album. I was psyched for release and purchase and then nothing. I kept waiting for the next song to be the one that was "worth the price of admission" alone; but it never came on.

I think you are right, MG about the lack or loss of mojo. I guess some of the bands are getting to old to Rock and Roll (Tesla, GW, DL, Crue) and some are on a new level (Priest, Saxon, Overkill)
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 2:06 pm

I like about half of Simplicity but I can't decide if it's because i'm such a fan i'm forgiving. They did it wrong though, they should've put this song out first to give a good first impression.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 2:08 pm

This garbage is what happens when anyone from Def Leppard is involved! This whole albim is like Def Leppard light. Horrendous!!!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28477

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 2:10 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
DL's last album is as close to the late 80's sound as they can and it worked for them. I think if Tesla wanted to recreate the first couple albums sound it would've worked but this sounding like DL clones is a little much.

It may also be because they are about to tour with Def Leppard, and they want to do something slightly better suited for the opening act for the tour.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 1:03 pm

Tied to the Tracks is much better, but those three previous tracks were truly something awful. Though I didn't love "Simplicity", at least it wasn't Def Leppard 2.0 from the 2000's. This song actually sounded like Tesla.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th   Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tesla - Shock...New Album March 8th
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2