Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rome HBO Series

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Rome HBO Series Empty
PostSubject: Rome HBO Series   Rome HBO Series Icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2007 5:46 pm

Anyone watch it? Since I don't have HBO i download it. Can't wait till tonights. When I have the money I might buy the first season box. Btw Veronus rocks he's f-ing crazy @_@
Back to top Go down

Rome HBO Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rome HBO Series   Rome HBO Series Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 4:11 pm

I love the show! I paid the whopping $83.99 for season one on DVD. It's worth it. The show is outstanding. And Vorenus and Pullo are total badasses!

It sucks that this season will be the last.
Back to top Go down

Rome HBO Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rome HBO Series   Rome HBO Series Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 6:27 pm

When is it on? I like some HBO shows, never saw that one
Back to top Go down

Rome HBO Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rome HBO Series   Rome HBO Series Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 9:02 pm

Forever A Heath Bar wrote:
When is it on? I like some HBO shows, never saw that one
Sunday nights. Might as well start from episode one, season one, though.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Rome HBO Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rome HBO Series   Rome HBO Series Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 12:10 am

just saw the season 2 5th episode his daughter is a smurfette cursing him !!!!!
Back to top Go down

Rome HBO Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rome HBO Series   Rome HBO Series Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 11:53 am

How long has this been on? How many seasons are available on DVD? Is it worth buying?
Back to top Go down

Rome HBO Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rome HBO Series   Rome HBO Series Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 11:54 am

Rated PG-13 or R?
Back to top Go down

Rome HBO Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rome HBO Series   Rome HBO Series Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 10:27 pm

quiettype wrote:
How long has this been on? How many seasons are available on DVD? Is it worth buying?
This is the second season—duh! lol!

I think the DVD set is worth buying, but I love historical epics/dramas. Those are my favorite kind of movies. So this was well worth it. It'll run you close to $100, though. The DVD set comes in a wooden case, which I assume adds to the pricey tag.

It's mostly historically accurate, so you have a ton of killing and good dose of sexual situations—women-on-man, man-on-man, and girl-on-girl. There are even some uncomfortable moments where children are involved in death, the slave and sex trade, and some other things.

That may sound bad, of course, but it's not overly gory or gratuitous. Go to this site for a ton of videos: http://www.hbo.com/rome/video
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Rome HBO Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rome HBO Series   Rome HBO Series Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 12:43 am

I think the DVD set is worth buying, but I love historical epics/dramas. Those are my favorite kind of movies. So this was well worth it. It'll run you close to $100, though. The DVD set comes in a wooden case, which I assume adds to the pricey tag.

It's mostly historically accurate, so you have a ton of killing and good dose of sexual situations—women-on-man, man-on-man, and girl-on-girl. There are even some uncomfortable moments where children are involved in death, the slave and sex trade, and some other things.

That may sound bad, of course, but it's not overly gory or gratuitous. (quoted from above. not very good with this yet!!! lol)

I would agree. Very well done. A lot of sex.... a lot. lol.... only one bloody scene (bull sacrifice).... My bro in law had it and I borrowed it. Brilliant... Loved "Band of Brothers" (own it) and "From Earth to The Moon" about the Apollo program.( a little slow in spots but I still loved it.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Rome HBO Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rome HBO Series   Rome HBO Series Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 12:46 am

definatley a NC-17 type rating... Rome HBO Series 309780
Back to top Go down

Rome HBO Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rome HBO Series   Rome HBO Series Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 1:18 am

Eyesore wrote:

That may sound bad, of course, but it's not overly gory or gratuitous. Go to this site for a ton of videos: http://www.hbo.com/rome/video

I've been wanting to check this serious out for a while. Every time I see it in teh store I get a strong urge to buy the first season without even seeing an episode. I love Roman time and history of Rome, and really history period. So it is historically accurate then? I need to probably rent the first episode or what not first.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Rome HBO Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rome HBO Series   Rome HBO Series Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 1:40 am

you can find season 1, used on amazon for about $50.

KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Rome HBO Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rome HBO Series   Rome HBO Series Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 12:46 pm

who saw sunday's episode? Atia got rock bottomed.
Back to top Go down

Rome HBO Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rome HBO Series   Rome HBO Series Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 4:59 pm

Parksey wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I've been wanting to check this serious out for a while. Every time I see it in teh store I get a strong urge to buy the first season without even seeing an episode. I love Roman time and history of Rome, and really history period. So it is historically accurate then? I need to probably rent the first episode or what not first.
Yes, if you're a fan of Roman stuff then this is a must buy. It is probably 95% accurate, I'd say, at least.

And yeah, Kissin, Atia got screwed! Haha. But we knew Antony married Octavia in real life, so it wasn't a surprise. Funny, though! Laughing
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Rome HBO Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rome HBO Series   Rome HBO Series Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 12:41 am

My brother in law is totally into Roman history and He loves it.
Back to top Go down

Rome HBO Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rome HBO Series   Rome HBO Series Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 1:11 am

Eyesore wrote:
Parksey wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Yes, if you're a fan of Roman stuff then this is a must buy. It is probably 95% accurate, I'd say, at least.

And yeah, Kissin, Atia got screwed! Haha. But we knew Antony married Octavia in real life, so it wasn't a surprise. Funny, though! Laughing

Sounds like I need to dig into my wallet and buy the first season. Seeing the clips online and what I've read about it it looks fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rome HBO Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rome HBO Series   Rome HBO Series Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rome HBO Series
Page 1 of 1