Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!

Go down 
+11
Lurideath
Todd Jaymz
Hamer12
nevermore
Troublezone
KissinMaiden
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
MetalGuy71
krokus
TheGooch
15 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Empty
PostSubject: Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!   Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:53 pm

Any fans of Sacred Reich out there? I bought the reissued ignorance and surf nic album on metal blade and it is really good old school thrash with a cool extras dvd featuring a live concert.

the Black Sabbath covers of war pigs and sweet leaf are phenomenal as well plus the priest cover that rob halford does vocals on (rapid fire)
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!   Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 5:06 pm

Yes, i bought taht reissue too and love it. I bought it for the dvd that is totaly killer. Great to see them play at DYNAMO OPEN AIR festival on the day time with all those crazy fans. Also its nice to see all those fans at the street waiting to get into one of SACRED REICH concerts in the early 90s. A REAL BUY OR DIE RELEASE FOR ANY THRASH METAL FAN.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!   Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 5:28 pm

Am I the only one to feel like they were always overrated. Decent band, but mid-tier at best. I haven't checked out the reissue yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!   Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 6:16 pm

I always loved this band! Underrated if anything!

I had "The American Way" on cassette back in the day. That was an awesome slab o' thrash! I need to replace thatun' onto cd.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!   Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 2:31 pm

Love 'em. I need to pick up that re-issue though. Ignorance is one I don't have.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!   Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 5:09 pm

i always thought that they were smarter lyricly than alot of the bigger bands. sure the music was nothing groundbreaking, but they did it very well.

SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!   Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 5:10 pm

I've always loved Sacred Reich! One of my favorite bands. I've got the original pressings of all of their albums.

Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!   Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 4:13 am

i think they're very underrated, and I love these guys! The american way and ignorance are my faves.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!   Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 9:07 am

Great Band. Very underrated!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!   Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 10:19 am

Great band!!!! If you haven't picked up the re-issued stuff it's well worth the price.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!   Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 1:16 pm

I like them.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!   Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 3:16 pm

LOvem, Wiley has or had a project going called Pagen War Machine. He had sent me a 3 song demo in 2003 along with the same songs live, they both sound great! Great thrash, not sure if the band is still together.

Sorry my mistake, this band was a Jim Derkin project.-TJ
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!   Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 4:15 am

Definitely a killer band! Ignorance rules!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!   Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:42 pm

American Way is one of the best thrash cd's ever
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!   Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 3:50 am

I have those PAgan War Machine demos - THEY SLAY. Steve Gaines from Abattoir is in that band.

I also have all the first presses of the SR stuff, including the rare as hell Live at Dynamo cd. I love it all!! Heal wasn't great, but on my Jap import, the do Beef Bologna by Fear and just rip it up!! Totally worth tracking down. Phoenix had a pretty cool seen back in the day.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!   Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 9:03 am

Never could get into them. I own the reisues now, and have ownd a compilaton album (I think) before. Neither have done all that much for me.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!   Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 2:18 pm

I have Ignorance, Surf Nicaragua, and The American Way. Awesome stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!   Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 12:26 am

I like what I've heard but for some reason they have always been off my radar. If I can budget myself better and have steady income, I will be able to get more CDs than in the past and will probably pick up some of theirs on the way.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!   Sacred Reich - old skool all the way! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sacred Reich - old skool all the way!
Page 1 of 1