Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alice Cooper in the modern age...

Go down 
+4
criss3o
DallasBlack
Tall Tyrion
spiritoradio
8 posters

Favorite 2000's era Alice album?
Brutal Planet
Alice Cooper in the modern age... Vote_lcap55%Alice Cooper in the modern age... Vote_rcap
 55% [ 6 ]
Dragontown
Alice Cooper in the modern age... Vote_lcap18%Alice Cooper in the modern age... Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
The Eyes of Alice Cooper
Alice Cooper in the modern age... Vote_lcap18%Alice Cooper in the modern age... Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Dirty Diamonds
Alice Cooper in the modern age... Vote_lcap9%Alice Cooper in the modern age... Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage

Alice Cooper in the modern age... Empty
PostSubject: Alice Cooper in the modern age...   Alice Cooper in the modern age... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 10:13 pm

I have loved Alice Cooper for eons. He is and always will be my favorite artist. I think his best work was done in the 70's, but his next best work has been in the modern age since 2000's Brutal Planet. What is your favorite album of Alice's since 2000?

Mine is Brutal Planet. I was blown away by it then and still am today. Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson need to take notes on how to make an awesome dark metal album. Brutal Planet smokes from beginning to end. Plus that tour was the best out of all the 200's tours.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper in the modern age...   Alice Cooper in the modern age... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 12:20 am

I love Brutal Planet also, the songs are so dark.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper in the modern age...   Alice Cooper in the modern age... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 12:25 am

Brutal Planet

Not just dark..... HEAVY!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper in the modern age...   Alice Cooper in the modern age... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 9:40 am

Dragontown. Brutal Planet is second and is a great album. However, Dragontown IMO has the most memorable songs and I love the lyrics in the songs (i.e. Disgraceland, Sister Sarah, Sex Death and Money, It's Much Too Late, and Dragontown). Although, just about anything Alice Cooper has done, that I've heard, is great (not including Man Behind the Mask which was practically unlistenalbe).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper in the modern age...   Alice Cooper in the modern age... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 7:50 am

Brutal Planet! AWESOME!!!

DragonTown is good but lacks the fire of BP!

Eyes and Diamonds are both great returns to the 70's style of the original Alice Cooper Band! Not nearly as good as B$B, Killer or LitD, But far above L&W!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper in the modern age...   Alice Cooper in the modern age... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 3:26 am

Listening to The Eyes Of Alice Cooper tonight and I must say I love it. When I heard the heaviness of the first two was replaced I put off getting anything else from him (up until Brutal Planet I was only a casual Alice fan). I am kicking myself for waiting so long and plan on getting some more in the Future. This album is some good rocking, upbeat music from this living legend.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
777Stryken777
Metal novice
Metal novice
777Stryken777

Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper in the modern age...   Alice Cooper in the modern age... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 8:21 am

I voted for "Dirty Diamonds."

You know how bands always say that they're "getting back to their roots," and then you're always disappointed because they didn't?

Dirty Diamonds is SO similar to Love It To Death, Killer, School's Out, and Billion Dollar Babies. If you're a fan of early Alice, check out Dirty Diamonds.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper in the modern age...   Alice Cooper in the modern age... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 10:36 am

I like the power of Dragontown and BP but I also like the wit and humor of his last 2. There is no one like Alice Cooper, thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper in the modern age...   Alice Cooper in the modern age... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 10:40 am

Brutal Planet, but had you listed "Last Temptation" I would have voted for it. However, I like them all.

ult

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper in the modern age...   Alice Cooper in the modern age... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 4:00 pm

I like'em all, it was very close but I gave the nod to Dragontown. I actually didn't care for Dragontown or Brutal Planet when they were first released. I felt BP was too nu-metal/industrial and DT was too all over the place musically. But over the years, whenever I dust'em off, I'm surprised by how good they really are. I like both albums more than I ever did.

Eyes and Diamonds are great as well, but I hope The Coop heads more into straight-ahead hard rock on the next album. But if he continues with his garage rock ways, I'm sure it'll still be quality stuff.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper in the modern age...   Alice Cooper in the modern age... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 5:09 pm

I haven't heard Diamonds, but Eyes was a huge letdown for me. Booooooooooring.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper in the modern age...   Alice Cooper in the modern age... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 7:40 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:

Diamonds wouldn't be for you then. Pretty much Eyes Part 2. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper in the modern age...   Alice Cooper in the modern age... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 9:09 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

Diamonds wouldn't be for you then. Pretty much Eyes Part 2. Razz

That's what I figured. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper in the modern age...   Alice Cooper in the modern age... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice Cooper in the modern age...
Page 1 of 1