Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fifth Angel - The Third Secret

Go down 
+6
the sentinel
Wurthless
Gilbert
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Empty
PostSubject: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 8:42 am

Believe it or not, Fifth Angel has a new album coming out:

Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Fifth-angel-the-third-secret_1500px

2018-08-23 - FIFTH ANGEL recently put the finishing touches on their first new album in almost 30 years »The Third Secret«, which will be released on October 26th. The album features the incredible talents of guitarist and lead vocalist Kendall Bechtel, bassist John Macko and drummer and backing vocalist Ken Mary. Says bassist John Macko, “When we began this process, we always were mindful to write songs that moved us as a band first. We felt that if we achieved that, then the music will most likely touch our fans as well.” Adds lead vocalist and guitarist Kendall Bechtel, “We are very proud of the new album! We hope the fans will hear the classic threads of the FIFTH ANGEL they know and love, along with the growth and maturity the individuals of the band have gone through over the years. We hope they love the new songs as much as we do!”

Today the band reveals the album cover artwork, created by Zsofia Dankova (POWERWOLF a.o.) as well as the tracklist:

01. Stars Are Falling
02. We Will Rise
03. Queen Of Thieves
04. Dust To Dust
05. Can You Hear Me
06. This Is War
07. Fatima
08. Third Secret
09. Shame On You
10. Hearts Of Stone
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 10:07 am

I only have their s/t album, which I like well enough. I'd be willing to give this new one a fair shake. Is this all the original members?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 11:34 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I only have their s/t album, which I like well enough. I'd be willing to give this new one a fair shake. Is this all the original members?

I don't think it's all of the original band. I really liked the first 2 albums. I'm hoping this one is good. And I like the cover art.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 2:39 pm

Awesome news. Almost unbelievable headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 4:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

It's all original guys except their former lead singer - Ted Poley. Their guitarist is also now the singer. We'll see how that works out.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 5:08 pm

I'll have to check this out, but I'm wary of the guitarist singing. I loved their first vocalist.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 10:09 pm

I absolutely love the first 2 Fifth Angel albums. This is awesome (and really surprising) news. I know Ted Pilot is not there, but like Bechtel said in the interview, if it has "the classic threads" of the band, then I am probably gonna be happy.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 10:12 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

It's all original guys except their former lead singer - Ted Poley. Their guitarist is also now the singer.  We'll see how that works out.

WF, I know who you meant, but for shizz and giggles, message Fat Freddy and ask him his Ted Poley story. It's a good read. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 12:04 am

the sentinel wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

It's all original guys except their former lead singer - Ted Poley. Their guitarist is also now the singer.  We'll see how that works out.

WF, I know who you meant, but for shizz and giggles, message Fat Freddy and ask him his Ted Poley story. It's a good read. Laughing

Lol! I'm sure I said Ted Poley because of FF's story. Ha!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 2:25 am

Can't wait for a sample. Hopefully soon.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 9:56 am

waiting for samples!

Is Ken Mary planning on playing live with FA and F&J now?
Back to top Go down
kropotkin
Metal novice
Metal novice
kropotkin

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 11:00 am

Bechtel has a great voice (note to self: spin immediately James Byrd's Crimes of Virtuosity)!
High expectations!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 9:53 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
waiting for samples!

Is Ken Mary planning on playing live with FA and F&J now?

Yes he is.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 10:12 am

Really digging the cover. It harkens back to the early days of the band; which is what they were probably going for. I am glad they went for it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2018 1:04 pm

Here's the first song from the new album:

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2018 7:48 pm

Song isn't bad but the modern production makes it kind of bland.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2018 8:02 pm

Good tune. For some reason, musically it reminds me of Primal Fear. I think I would rather have them release a mid tempo rocker like this rather than a screamin' blarin' Metal number that sets the expectations too high and then we are all disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2018 11:23 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Good tune. For some reason, musically it reminds me of Primal Fear. I think I would rather have them release a mid tempo rocker like this rather than a screamin' blarin' Metal number that sets the expectations too high and then we are all disappointed.

True.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 1:45 pm

the sentinel wrote:

I agree it does have a Primal Fear-ish kind of sound to it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2018 8:35 pm

That sounds ok.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 11:27 pm

Here's the title track:

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 5:15 am

Can't wait for the album to be out 🤘.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 10:29 am

I am definitely getting a "Primal Fear fronted by Ripper Owens" vibe from these tracks.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2018 3:02 pm

I think that song is better than the first.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2018 4:01 am

So, anyone is still spinning this album? I finally got my copy yesterday afternoon but haven't had the chance to play it yet. Hopefully tomorrow on my way to the office.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fifth Angel - The Third Secret   Fifth Angel - The Third Secret Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fifth Angel - The Third Secret
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next