Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Collection Fillers

Go down 
+13
Eyesore
Boris2008
Witchfinder
Hadley
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Lari
tohostudios
the sentinel
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 9:44 am

So...pretty much self explanatory. What disc do you, Heart of Metal citizen, wish you could use for target practice but you hang on to it because it keeps your collection of a particular band or artist complete? I was thinking about this because I finally found a long sought after piece of my L.A. Guns collection at a local shop yesterday (Hollywood Raw); and for a bargain no less. It got me thinking that all I need now is their American Hardcore album. It's a pretty terrible album and it's destined to become a collection filler.

My current biggest filler is:

Collection Fillers SmokeThisCover

Not much to say except...holy crap! What the hell happened? This is not Lynch Mob. It's obviously them trying to ride a trend. looking back, Lynch has involved himself in many different projects (and seriously, good for him) with many different musicians. I feel like he doesn't want to pigeon hole himself as "that guy from Dokken" so he branches out musically. Thank goodness I found this one for a $5 bill at a Newbury Comics cuz there was no way I was paying the stupid money people were asking a decade ago.

So, HoM brothers, what ya got?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 10:14 am

HAHAHA!  The first one I thought of was LA Guns American Hardcore.  When I brought that one home I went "WT ever lovin' F is this?????"  But I still have it.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 10:21 am

And this is another one.  Much as it pains me to say it this album is very disappointing.  Sure, it's barely The Angels anymore especially without Doc Neeson on vocals.  Here the vocals are provided by the singer from The Screaming Jets and he's not bad (although I like his old band better).  The problem here is that the songs are just BORING.

Collection Fillers 51Myv4OqVzL._SS500

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 12:02 pm

Savatage - Fight for the Rock
Pink Cream 68 - Change
Axxis - Matters of Survival

I don't like any of them, but I can't get rid of them either, because it'd leave a hole in my complete collection of studio albums.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 12:42 pm

Pretty much any Ozzy solo albums released AFTER 'No More Tears'. After that, Sharon started bringing in outside writers and hit makers and pushing Zakk any anyone close to Oz out of the picture. You can hear the quality of the music drop sharply in my opinion.

I could probably make a decent comp of songs cherry picked from Ozzmosis, Back to Earth, Black Rain and Scream, yet, I'll continue to keep those albums in my collection.

After many years, I was finally able to unload that abomination known as 'St. Anger' leaving an open gap in my Metallica collection, but I've gotten over it. If I ever find myself missing it, I'll turn a cooking pot over and bang on it with a wooden spoon to recreate the snare sound.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 2:17 pm

KISS - Unmasked and Smashes,Thrashes & Hits
Black Sabbath - Forbidden
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2018 2:27 pm

Judas Priest - Demolition
Deliverance - Back In The Day: The First Four Years

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Black Sabbath - Forbidden
Slayer - Diabolis in Musica
Kiss - The Elder
Anthrax - Volume 8
WASP - KFD
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 4:15 pm

The Peter Criss '78 solo album. Godawful but yet I still have it. I never even put it on my iPod.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 4:25 pm

Metal Massacre XI-XIV. Barely a listenable song on there [maybe, half a dozen or so]. Just trendy, for its' time, garbage.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 7:39 pm

007 wrote:
The Peter Criss '78 solo album. Godawful but yet I still have it. I never even put it on my iPod.

Do you have any of his non-Kiss solo albums (Out of Control, Let me Rock You, Cat #1, or All For One)?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 8:06 pm

L.A. Guns - American Hardcore
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 8:26 pm

tohostudios wrote:
HAHAHA!  The first one I thought of was LA Guns American Hardcore.  When I brought that one home I went "WT ever lovin' F is this?????"  But I still have it.

Haha. Maybe we could trade something? I promise not to offer any Journey. LOL.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 8:28 pm

Lari wrote:
Pink Cream 68 - Change

I don't like any of them, but I can't get rid of them either, because it'd leave a hole in my complete collection of studio albums.

I pull the "Fight for the Rock" album out every now and again just cuz it's Savatage. But then I remember that even though it's the mighty 'Tage. it sucks!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 8:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Pretty much any Ozzy solo albums released AFTER 'No More Tears'. After that, Sharon started bringing in outside writers and hit makers and pushing Zakk any anyone close to Oz out of the picture. You can hear the quality of the music drop sharply in my opinion.

I could probably make a decent comp of songs cherry picked from Ozzmosis, Back to Earth, Black Rain and Scream, yet, I'll continue to keep those albums in my collection.

After many years, I was finally able to unload that abomination known as 'St. Anger' leaving an open gap in my Metallica collection, but I've gotten over it. If I ever find myself missing it, I'll turn a cooking pot over and bang on it with a wooden spoon to recreate the snare sound.

Laughing very hard I was wondering how many posts it would take to get to St. Anger. Kudos to you for actually jettisoning the turd. Smile
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 9:04 pm

007 wrote:

Oh, man, 007. That album is bad. I have the original CD pressing of the album, so my Kiss collection is complete. But, a number of years back I started to collect all the Kiss re masters figuring they were now cheap enough (and a local chain had them new for low money) but I just can't bring myself to spend any money on this album. I can't tell you all how many times I have had it my hands and thought..."$6...maybe...no, not today" and back in the bin it goes. Ha.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 9:12 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Metal Massacre XI-XIV.  Barely a listenable song on there [maybe, half a dozen or so].  Just trendy, for its' time, garbage.

I kind of got that impression reading Scott's reviews on NLTM. If I ever collect those I am probably gonna stop after the first 4-5. I have a lot of those songs from a lot of the bands on those comps, but I know there are some different or alternate versions I would like to have in my collection.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 9:19 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Metal Massacre XI-XIV.  Barely a listenable song on there [maybe, half a dozen or so].  Just trendy, for its' time, garbage.

I kind of got that impression reading Scott's reviews on NLTM. If I ever collect those I am probably gonna stop after the first 4-5. I have a lot of those songs from a lot of the bands on those comps, but I know there are some different or alternate versions I would like to have in my collection.

XI has some okay stuff like Forte. XII and XIII are hot garbage. XIV is a great compilation of excellent NWOTHM bands. I highly recommend that one.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2018 10:10 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
. XIV is a great compilation of excellent NWOTHM bands. I highly recommend that one.  

I agree. That one kicks ass! Crypt Sermon, Metalian and Stone Dagger are brilliant, I like Savage Master and I've also got records by Corsair and Noctum that I dig.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 2:28 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Lari wrote:
Pink Cream 68 - Change

I pull the "Fight for the Rock" album out every now and again just cuz it's Savatage. But then I remember that even though it's the mighty 'Tage. it sucks!

I do not understand the hate for this album. Yes, at the time, I suppose a fan might have been a bit shocked and disappointed, but I just don't hear this terrible album that so many of you hear.

"Day After Day" is terrible, I'll agree, and "Out on the Streets" is meh, but the rest of the album is damn good, and there are a number of kick-ass tunes. "Fight for the Rock" is awesome, as is "The Edge of Midnight," "Hyde," and "Red Light Paradise." The others are tunes aren't as good, but they're far from bad.

I've defended this one before, as I have defended Priest's Demolition. Shoddy production and a couple of turds aside, there are some excellent songs on that one.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 2:30 pm

the sentinel wrote:
So...pretty much self explanatory. What disc do you, Heart of Metal citizen, wish you could use for target practice but you hang on to it because it keeps your collection of a particular band or artist complete? I was thinking about this because I finally found a long sought after piece of my L.A. Guns collection at a local shop yesterday (Hollywood Raw); and for a bargain no less. It got me thinking that all I need now is their American Hardcore album. It's a pretty terrible album and it's destined to become a collection filler.

My current biggest filler is:

Collection Fillers SmokeThisCover

Not much to say except...holy crap! What the hell happened? This is not Lynch Mob. It's obviously them trying to ride a trend. looking back, Lynch has involved himself in many different projects (and seriously, good for him) with many different musicians. I feel like he doesn't want to pigeon hole himself as "that guy from Dokken" so he branches out musically. Thank goodness I found this one for a $5 bill at a Newbury Comics cuz there was no way I was paying the stupid money people were asking a decade ago.

So, HoM brothers, what ya got?

Yeah, this album is awful. Is there even a single good song on it? I can't remember, but I don't think there is. Easily the worst album he's ever done. It makes Shadowlife look like a masterpiece!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 3:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Good call.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 3:02 pm

These songs are great IMHO:

3."Wasteland" – Toxik
1."Shipwrecked with the Wicked" – Mystic Force
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 3:25 pm

I don't much bother with collection gaps anymore. I made it OK to myself to tap out on bands. For example:

- no Queensryche past DeGarmo departure
- Only 2 Ratt albums
- No Crue past Theatre
- No Ozzy past Tribute

...etc

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 4:02 pm

I rarely bother about completing my collection nowadays. If i do not like the album i simply do not buy it. But there are still a few fillers such as black sabbath's forbidden, sepultura's nation, judas priest's demolition and savatage's fight for the rock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Collection Fillers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collection Fillers   Collection Fillers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collection Fillers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next