Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why did all attempts at grunge/alternative by older bands end up being such a failure?

Go down 
+13
DallasBlack
brokentulsa
Troublezone
Hadley
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
Lari
glassprison
the sentinel
Required Fields
TheGreatDuck
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Why did all attempts at grunge/alternative by older bands end up being such a failure? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did all attempts at grunge/alternative by older bands end up being such a failure?   Why did all attempts at grunge/alternative by older bands end up being such a failure? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 3:42 pm

Well, again I remind you it's all a matter of opinion. Yes, that PC 69 album is different, but I don't mind it. I might not be the first or even 2nd disc I reach for from them, but it's not like it's unlistenable to me.

The same can be said for that KISS album. Alot of folks still hate it, but I like that it's different and darker than the stuff they usually do. Not a favorite by any means, but not as terrible as some make it out to be.

Time plays a big factor in these choices too. 20+ years ago, I was still angry and bitter over the death of my beloved 80's metal and the rise of grunge. Today, I don't care. I just like good music, regardless of genres or tags. I either like it or I don't.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

Why did all attempts at grunge/alternative by older bands end up being such a failure? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why did all attempts at grunge/alternative by older bands end up being such a failure?   Why did all attempts at grunge/alternative by older bands end up being such a failure? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 3:53 pm

I liked Carnival Of Souls when it was first released (having heard it on a bootleg tape way before it was ever released) and still like it today. The self titled Motley Crue is good as well. I haven't heard any of the other. mentioned.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Why did all attempts at grunge/alternative by older bands end up being such a failure?   Why did all attempts at grunge/alternative by older bands end up being such a failure? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2018 9:55 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Well, again I remind you it's all a matter of opinion. Yes, that PC 69 album is different, but I don't mind it. I might not be the first or even 2nd disc I reach for from them, but it's not like it's unlistenable to me.

The same can be said for that KISS album. Alot of folks still hate it, but I like that it's different and darker than the stuff they usually do. Not a favorite by any means, but not as terrible as some make it out to be.

Time plays a big factor in these choices too. 20+ years ago, I was still angry and bitter over the death of my beloved 80's metal and the rise of grunge. Today, I don't care. I just like good music, regardless of genres or tags. I either like it or I don't.

That last point is a good one, MG. As we age, we are more open and objective, and with a personal bias out of the way, will give something a second (or third) chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did all attempts at grunge/alternative by older bands end up being such a failure?   Why did all attempts at grunge/alternative by older bands end up being such a failure? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why did all attempts at grunge/alternative by older bands end up being such a failure?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3