Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)

Go down 
+6
HeavyThrashhead
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
Gilbert
Lari
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Empty
PostSubject: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 3:24 pm

REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) 400x400

New album out today!

I just heard about it myself.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 11:43 pm

Yes i heard of it. Isn't it some sort of a Rage side project? The samples i have heard sound pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 2:59 am

Gilbert wrote:
Yes i heard of it. Isn't it some sort of a Rage side project? The samples i have heard sound pretty good.
Indeed. It's the classic Rage lineup from Perfect Man up until Missing Link.

Peavy, Manni Schmidt & Chris Efimifitifiadis (sic).
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 9:27 am

Interesting. That was a solid slate of releases. I'll have to check this out.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 2:10 pm

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 2:41 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 5:26 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Thanks for linking the video. I didn't know one existed.

Sounds like it has a lot of potential. I'm a huge Rage fan anyway, so I ordered the CD.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 5:36 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Hey, that's pretty badass. I lost track of Rage ages ago but I'd pick this album up.

My 15-year-old looked over my shoulder while this was playing and sez that Peavy looks like his graphic arts/shop teacher. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 7:01 pm

does not sound bad at all. i kinda dug this more than what i had heard of the ACTUAL Rage album that was released last year. i may pick this one up.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 12:22 am

Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Indeed. It's the classic Rage lineup from Perfect Man up until Missing Link.

Peavy, Manni Schmidt & Chris Efimifitifiadis (sic).

My favourite Rage line-up. I will get this one.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 10:37 pm

Got it the other day. Listened to a few songs sounds pretty good. I think it might even be better than the newer Rage stuff.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 2:00 am

So this is practically a new Rage studio album. Boy, those guys are consistent.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2018 11:27 pm

Lari wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Thanks for linking the video. I didn't know one existed.

Sounds like it has a lot of potential. I'm a huge Rage fan anyway, so I ordered the CD.

I can't believe I still didn't get this. I wrote the seller on Amazon, and they will send me another copy. I don't think they did anything wrong, because I've ordered before and it's a reliable merchant, but it still sucks. Deutsche Post probably lost/destroyed my CD.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 12:20 am

I got my copy in the mail a few days ago. Great album. Another amazing Rage delivery!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 4:50 pm

These are not the best songs Peavy ever wrote, and the sound is a bit dull. The first two tracks are enjoyable vintage Rage songs though.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 12:10 am

Lari wrote:
These are not the best songs Peavy ever wrote, and the sound is a bit dull. The first two tracks are enjoyable vintage Rage songs though.

I think it's a pretty solid album. "Bleeding from Inside" would have been a better single, in my opinion. Either way, I think it's sounds like newer Rage, not older.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 1:25 am

Eyesore wrote:
Lari wrote:

I think it's a pretty solid album. "Bleeding from Inside" would have been a better single, in my opinion. Either way, I think it's sounds like newer Rage, not older.
It does.

But I think I prefer the two most recent Rage CD's to this. Especially The Devil Strikes Again is real good.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 7:04 pm

I've grown to like this and I'm glad they decided to put together an album. It's still not as good as the Devil Strikes Again, but maybe as good as Seasons of the Black.

It's a pretty enjoyable listen and all the songs have a reason to be here, even the bonus track. (It's interesting to hear an updated version of Another Kind of Madness.)

But the real good stuff is mostly on the first half. Bleeding from Inside has lyrics that resonate with anyone who ever had any regrets. I also like From the Ashes - that's a song I almost expected this album to sound like.

Let Me Go is one of the more catchy tunes on the record. And most of these new songs are real heavy and easy to get into, unless you're like completely averse to straight-up heavy metal. It's not the best thing out there in 2018, but it's damn hard NOT to like this!
Back to top Go down
zlogdan
Metal novice
Metal novice
zlogdan

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 2:41 pm

Believe or not, I had not heard any Rage album before 2 months ago except Prayers of Steel - which used to be one of my favorites back when I was a just a kid. I cannot remember why I decided to listen to them on Spotify and I ended up buying many of their albums ( early stuff until Unity ), and I am hooked. So one can say I am a 46 newbie Rage fan.

I acquired two albums from the 00s line up, Soundchaser and Carved In Stone ( my choices were not based on any criteria except price ( everything else from their catalog costs double ). Today listening to Carved In Store on my way to work I thought this is a good album but looks like the band members were trying to tame Peavey excellent skills as a singer/musician/composer/arranger. I was reading a lot of Rage's interviews and in one of them I read that Peavey really says the above was happening. Happier I became when I learned about Refuge, which I will be listening once I get home.
Back to top Go down
http://zlogdan.blogspot.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 4:26 pm

Been a while since i last played this one. I need to give it a fresh spin.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 4:51 pm

Totally forgot about this one till I stumbled across it in the $5.00 sale bin at N.E.H. Records' web site, so I snagged it. It just arrived and so far, it sounds pretty righteous to me.

Of course, I've been cooped up in the house for a month and haven't picked up any new music in all that time, so ANYTHING new is probably gonna sound righteous, at least for the first few spins. Haha.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 5:21 pm

I found this in a used shop awhile ago and give it a listen through every now and then. It's a good release.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2020 9:52 pm

It is a good one (paid full price myself). Though I think the new Rage album is better.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2020 12:46 am

The new Rage album slays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)   REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REFUGE - Solitary Men (old Rage lineup)
Page 1 of 1