Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Syrian Metal Is War

Go down 
+2
Stender
metalken
6 posters
AuthorMessage
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

Syrian Metal Is War Empty
PostSubject: Syrian Metal Is War   Syrian Metal Is War Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 2:03 pm

I was going through Youtube looking up the trailers for the "Scream For Me Sarajevo" documentary about Bruce D.'s trip and show in a war zone from 1993 when I saw on the far right an 'up next' video for another war time doc regarding metal.

This one is "Syrian Metal Is War" and is very well done. Mostly sub titled from Arabic, the documentary follows bands, scenes, recordings, and shows of various Syrian and Lebanese groups and the fans. Closing in on 90 minutes, it is both scary and inspiring to see bands and fans going to shows in wartime and also facing jail time for being satanists. A unique look at global metal for sure.

I would imbed the video here, but I doubt anyone would watch it from here as it is 90 minutes; so check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP_HV-R-KGg&t=2748s
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Syrian Metal Is War   Syrian Metal Is War Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 10:27 pm

Nice find dude, thanks
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Syrian Metal Is War   Syrian Metal Is War Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 10:39 pm

Watched it earlier, great stuff. (Gene Simmons and Dee Snyder take note, there are places where they are legitimately trying to stop people from rocking)

What is shocking is just how wrecked the cities are. When they were talking about Homs I was thinking how the hell could it be worse than Aleppo! But it was worse, way worse!

Gotta worry for some of these guys though. If a militant Islamic government take over (and that does seem likely) I'm pretty sure that they need to start running. (The ones with anti religious lyrics, which was most of them)
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Syrian Metal Is War   Syrian Metal Is War Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 11:00 pm

This is a great find; thanks for posting! I'll definitely watch this over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Syrian Metal Is War   Syrian Metal Is War Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 4:13 pm

On my watchlist now. Rock music (and fans) in Europe and in America have become complacent, no doubt. Taking things for granted. Just saying you love metal can get you murdered in the Middle-East. Yet, people still do. That makes those guys more metal than us. They are in the front lines.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Syrian Metal Is War   Syrian Metal Is War Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 5:42 am

Lari wrote:
On my watchlist now. Rock music (and fans) in Europe and in America have become complacent, no doubt. Taking things for granted. Just saying you love metal can get you murdered in the Middle-East. Yet, people still do. That makes those guys more metal than us. They are in the front lines.

I happen to be one of those people. Life in the middle east is no easy ride for metal heads. I still go through a lot to buy records and play the music that i like. There is true anger in our music.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Syrian Metal Is War   Syrian Metal Is War Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 7:04 pm

I'm stoked this is a topic here right now in leu of recent US geo political events
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Syrian Metal Is War   Syrian Metal Is War Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Syrian Metal Is War
Page 1 of 1