Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984 Empty
PostSubject: Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984   Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 2:08 pm

I purchased an EP by an american power metal band called Dark Age a few days ago. To my surprise these guys disbanded after they had released it.
Any fans of this unheard of band?
If not, the below sample should turn you into one:

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984   Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 12:34 pm

I thought this band was known among the old school metalheads in the US!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984   Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 12:41 pm

The album cover looks vaguely familiar but I don't think I ever heard them.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984   Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 1:08 pm

Good band!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984   Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 8:49 am

Great band and that EP is a classic. I have the 2012 Keltic Records reissue which has four bonus tracks and I have the 2017 No Remorse Recods reissue with one bonus track. It's definitely worth getting if you're a fan of USPM.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984   Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 2:12 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Great band and that EP is a classic. I have the 2012 Keltic Records reissue which has four bonus tracks and I have the 2017 No Remorse Recods reissue with one bonus track.  It's definitely worth getting if you're a fan of USPM.

I picked up the no remorse version. Great greek label by the way. I will be visiting Athens in a while and am planning to pass by their store for some metal shopping.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984   Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 5:54 pm

It's necro thread bump time agaiiiin.... ya know it'll always win...

I see that I posted in this thread back in 2018, saying I'd never heard Dark Age, but then they randomly came across my radar today. I guess it takes me five years to get caught up on things. Laughing very hard

Dark Age was mentioned in a "Metal School" video I watched on YouTube ("5 Great '80s Bands That Only Released One EP") and I liked what I heard there, so I listened to the full EP on YouTube. Hey, this is some good stuff! Kinda like a mashup of early Maiden and Mercyful Fate, maybe with a pinch of Sirens era Savatage. Me likee! As I'm so fond of saying, better late than never, I guess.

Since the YouTube link to the EP above is long dead, here's a fresh one if you wanna check em out:

I guess this has been re-issued on CD? I am gonna have to start hunting for a copy. Till then, I'm gonna YouTube-to-MP3 this sucker for sure.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984   Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2023 12:42 am

Man, you just made me want to revisit this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984   Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Age: US Power metal from 1984
Page 1 of 1