Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New AC/DC coming out with....

Go down 
+21
ZombieHavoc
Getizzyback
HeavyThrashhead
Lari
Addy
candlemass
MoonChild
Olafsto
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
tohostudios
Glower
assault_attack
Troublezone
Required Fields
nevermore
Boris2008
glassprison
Witchfinder
Gilbert
Wrecked Neck
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 12:12 pm

Lari wrote:
MoonChild wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Great news!

It's sad that some people are closed minded and would rather see Ac/Dc retire.

Most people seem to forget that half the band wasn't even original members. Imagine if they quit after Bon died...

Proud to be closed minded when it comes to Axl with AC/DC.

Why would you care? You can just not buy it, if you so choose. Why deny others who might like it? That's weird to me.

I don't like Ozzy Osbourne. I don't want him to retire.

I haven't bought an AC/DC album since Stiff Upper Lip either. If AC/DC makes a great record, good for them and their fans. If they don't, it's nothing away from me.

'huh? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 12:15 pm

I was talking about how some of you want AC/DC to retire.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40544

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 12:21 pm

I think that was perfectly clear Lari. I have no idea where the confusion came from.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2018 9:55 pm

Bring on Axl/DC!

I'm sure Malcolm would want Angus to continue.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2018 8:07 pm

for someone who has been an AC/DC fan for a long time, this is a different pill to swallow. if a song grabs me, than i'll think about buying it, if a song does not, than i won't.

i'm gonna echo someone else's thoughts here, but there have been many other bands these days that do the AC/DC sound better for me than AC/DC themself's (even though i've enjoyed Rock or Bust, but it's a different feel than the Energetic Rock of the early albums), like for example, Airbourne, Bullet, The Deep End, 77 and so on.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2018 10:53 pm

Has a release date been set yet?
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 7:28 am

This is where I draw the line !

Yes I'm closed minded to this *&%# #@ !

How the mighty have fallen.
Dante's Divine Comedy now.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 7:50 am

I'm glad Angus doesn't care what the naysayers think. The rest of us that want more music are gonna enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40544

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 8:00 am

I'm certainly not going to bitch about it. I'll wait until I hear the final product and then base my judgment on that. Like I said in the other thread, I pretty much expect it to sound just like every other AC/DC album (not a bad thing) but with Axl on vocals.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 5:15 pm

I can see Angus trying to change Cliff Williams mind on retiring. I believe Chris Slade, and Stevie Young are still on board whom have been involved with the band for years, so it’s not like a total dramatic change. Axl does well with the vocals for the band, go for it Angus!
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 10:18 am

This interests me way more than a new GNR album or what another normal AC/DC album would've been.

I will definitely check it out, at least out of sheer curiosity.

I would rather an official live release though from the tour.

It's weird cuz obviously, by the late 80s Axl was eclipsing the sun. But imagine telling Axl in like 1981 or so that 40 years later he'd front AC/DC on a tour and then record an album with them. That's nuts to me.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 5:17 am

Quote :
What I heard of Axl on that last tour actually was a lot better than I expected it to be. So I'll definitely at least give this a shot.

Despite the curious start to the tour, when he was singing from a chair with a "fashion cast" on his leg after injuring himself, he seemed to have put a lot of work into getting his voice in shape around the time that he joined AC/DC. He has sounded better than he has in decades on the recent and seemingly never-ending GNR tour, where they are doing upwards of 35 songs a night! Their encores are longer than an entire set by Vince Neil or Bret Michaels these days.

I respect him for doing the reunion tour right. It would have been easy enough for them to go out and breeze through a 13 song set of classics, like most bands from the genre would probably do.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 12:26 pm

I don't get caught up in this sort of silly nonsense. At the end of the day, if Angus wants to move forward with AC/DC, so be it. It's easy to say he should just pack it in, but this has been his life for nearly 50 years, since he was a teenager. How many of you understand what that's like?

Pack it in! Retire! Give it up! Pffft! The dude has arguably been the face of AC/DC for all these years and he's certainly written enough of the band's material to justify his continuing with new members.

If the music is good, if the songs are good, why isn't that good enough for some of you?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 1:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I don't get caught up in this sort of silly nonsense. At the end of the day, if Angus wants to move forward with AC/DC, so be it. It's easy to say he should just pack it in, but this has been his life for nearly 50 years, since he was a teenager. How many of you understand what that's like?

Pack it in! Retire! Give it up! Pffft! The dude has arguably been the face of AC/DC for all these years and he's certainly written enough of the band's material to justify his continuing with new members.

If the music is good, if the songs are good, why isn't that good enough for some of you?

Well said
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 4:32 pm

I wonder with Axl at the helm if the lyrics will be darker than the typical AC/DC anthems they've written. The GNR albums certainly werent exactly "party" albums.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 4:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:

When was the last time this washed-up hack Axl has done anything worthwhile?  1992?  So, we should all be on board with his newest endeavour?  Grow up Eyesore. Your self righteousness is showing again. Angus is only looking for a final payday by recruiting everyone's fav from 1988. Can it be any more obvious?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I agree. Angus can do what he wants! No one is forcing the naysayers to buy the new album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 7:56 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

When was the last time this washed-up hack Axl has done anything worthwhile?  1992?  So, we should all be on board with his newest endeavour?  Grow up Eyesore.  Your self righteousness is showing again.  Angus is only looking for a final payday by recruiting everyone's fav from 1988.  Can it be any more obvious?

Sorry I'm not as close-minded as you. But sure, I need to grow up. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 8:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

When was the last time this washed-up hack Axl has done anything worthwhile?  1992?  So, we should all be on board with his newest endeavour?  Grow up Eyesore.  Your self righteousness is showing again.  Angus is only looking for a final payday by recruiting everyone's fav from 1988.  Can it be any more obvious?

Sorry I'm not as close-minded as you. But sure, I need to grow up. Laughing very hard

Yeah that seems like a pretty close-minded opinion Mr. Saxon.

I say give it a shot; if you don't like it then fine, that's your opinion and you don't have to support the new album.  But personally I'm willing to give it a listen and if I think it sucks I'll damn sure say so because that's MY opinion.  But to pre-judge an album based on what you think Angus' motives are seems pretty narrow-minded to me.

Actually now that I think about it, you don't even have to give it a shot if you don't want to, that's your prerogative just as it's the prerogative of other people to give it a listen.  But throwing names and insults around seems pretty "Vexer-like" if you know what I mean.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 1:31 am

I just think Angus should retire the AC/DC name and let the band die with some integrity. There's no reason he and Axle can't do an album together, but it should not be called an AC/DC album that's all.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 5:31 pm

That's a reasonable stance.  Then again people said the same thing about Lynyrd Skynyrd after Ronnie Van Zandt died and holy crap have they had a lot of people in and out of that band since then.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 7:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I say give it a shot; if you don't like it then fine, that's your opinion and you don't have to support the new album. 

Actually now that I think about it, you don't even have to give it a shot if you don't want to, that's your prerogative just as it's the prerogative of other people to give it a listen.  But throwing names and insults around seems pretty "Vexer-like" if you know what I mean.

So I can have an opinion about AC/DC but not Eyesore. toho? Who's being closed minded? And, the "Vexer-like" comment just goes to show that you are being hypocritical. My beef with Ken has nothing to do with you.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 7:29 pm

You can have an opinion about anything you want, but posting opinions about members of this board doesn't belong in a thread about a band.  That's the kind of crap "you know who" was doing.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 10:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I say give it a shot; if you don't like it then fine, that's your opinion and you don't have to support the new album. 

So I can have an opinion about AC/DC but not Eyesore. toho?  Who's being closed minded?  And, the "Vexer-like" comment just goes to show that you are being hypocritical.  My beef with Ken has nothing to do with you.

Your beef with me is A) in your head, and B) what informed your reply to me, which is why you attacked me for something I never even said.

I said, "If the music is good, if the songs are good, why isn't that good enough for some of you?" Pretty simple. This is about music after all, right? The music is far more important than the band members. At least it should be.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 11:56 pm

There's nothing wrong with what Eyesore said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New AC/DC coming out with....   New AC/DC coming out with.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New AC/DC coming out with....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next