Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favorite distopian future movies ?

Go down 
+7
corplhicks
Lari
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
anthrax_fan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

Your favorite distopian future movies ? Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 9:16 pm

Wanting to check out "Z.P.G." . Relatively unknown distopian movie from Germany (I think) dealing with overpopulation done on the 70´s .

2 of my faves dealing with distopian futures from the 70´s and 80´s are Blade Runner and Soylent Green ...
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 9:18 pm

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 9:40 pm

I've always liked "Logan's Run" with Michael York

In addition to "Soylent Green" Charlton Heston also starred in "The Omega Man" (a remake of the Vincent Price flick "Last Man on Earth")

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 9:41 pm

Blade Runner and 1984

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 3:26 am

I love Logan's Run and 1984. Wish they would remake them both, be kinda cool.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 5:49 am

Mad Max II

Captured my imagination when I was a kid. I used to build post-apocalyptic forts and vehicles from my legos to create warring factions.

The Legion of Doom (aka Road Warriors) and Demolition wrestling tag teams that were big around the time seem to have also taken inspiration from Mad Max II.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 5:57 am

This guy was freakin' metal:

Your favorite distopian future movies ? 43633d1334120552-look-what-i-did-my-truck-too-much-tumblr_lypfbszjjv1r53y3bo1_500
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 9:21 am

The 70s had a ton of them. One of mine not mentioned yet is Soylent Green. Unfortunately it's been ruined since everyone knows the ending but nonetheless a good movie.

Another one where everyone knows the little twist at the end (and if it really falls under the dystopian category is a bit sketchy) is Planet Of The Apes.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 9:24 am

And I just noticed that Charlton Heston is in a handful of these.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 1:43 pm

Lari wrote:
Mad Max II

Captured my imagination when I was a kid. I used to build post-apocalyptic forts and vehicles from my legos to create warring factions.

The Legion of Doom (aka Road Warriors) and Demolition wrestling tag teams that were big around the time seem to have also taken inspiration from Mad Max II.
Hell I forgot about that one. That's not only my favorite of this type of movie, but one of my favorite movies of any genre. I must have watched it a hundred times at least. Lots I f people's the first one best, but to me the second was by far the best of the three.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 2:39 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
I love Logan's Run and 1984. Wish they would remake them both, be kinda cool.

If you've ever seen "The Island" with Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansen, the first half of it is very similar to the premise of "Logan's Run" ...then it turns into a typical mindless Michael Bay explode-a-thon in the second half.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 3:12 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Lari wrote:
Mad Max II

Hell I forgot about that one. That's not only my favorite of this type of movie, but one of my favorite movies of any genre. I must have watched it a hundred times at least. Lots I f people's the first one best, but to me the second was by far the best of the three.

Honestly the first one wasn't even that good. Nor was the third.

Luckily they are not really connected much at all. Mad Max 2 works best as a stand-alone movie.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 4:37 pm

ZPG has equal amounts silly and awesome, which is really all I ask for in a Friday night movie.

The last act of the UK Nuclear War pic Threads will have you up for nights.

Day After and Testament aren't necessarily dystopian, but they still give me existential chills.

Oh, and Eraserhead. Maybe. I think. Sure, why not.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2018 8:04 am

There was that show Revolution that went for a couple seasons I loved that

Hunger Games
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

I cant think of any at the moment but i love this setting
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2018 8:50 pm

Logan's Run
Planet of the Apes 
Mad Max 2 & 3
Robo Cop
They Live
The Terminator 
Death Race 2000
Chopping Mall

And just for the heck of it...
Night of the Comet

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 5:03 am

Good call on Night of the Comet^^. Also to add some VHS favorites:

DefCon 4
This Quiet Earth (I would say Freejack, same director, but god what a terrible turd it is)
A Boy and His Dog
Solarbabies

And dammit, yes, I love them all!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 6:08 am

Good call on Solarbabies hicks!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 1:48 pm

Escape From New York
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 2:14 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Good call on Night of the Comet^^. Also to add some VHS favorites:

DefCon 4
This Quiet Earth (I would say Freejack, same director, but god what a terrible turd it is)
A Boy and His Dog
Solarbabies

And dammit, yes, I love them all!

How could I forget A Boy And His Dog???

Great flick from the strange mind of Harlan Ellison.  I'm still waiting for someone to make a movie out of "I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 2:41 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Escape From New York
Snake Plissken FTW!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 3:23 pm

One of my favorite genres and I love a lot of the ones listed but I'll add

The Road
V for Vendetta
Children of Men
Gattaca
Brazil
Never Let Me Go (more of a dystopian alternate reality but still a great movie)
It Happened Here (see above)

and my oddball favorite goes to

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2018 5:59 pm

Another one I forgot!  Brazil!

Great film!

I guess I like more films from this genre than I thought.

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite distopian future movies ?   Your favorite distopian future movies ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorite distopian future movies ?
Page 1 of 1