Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AXL C / D C

Go down 
+17
Troublezone
Required Fields
Olafsto
mikeinfla
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Boris2008
Addy
nevermore
Gilbert
Sword Of The Heretic
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
James B.
Highway Star
Glower
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

AXL C / D C - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 4:57 pm

Angus isn't ready to retire, and the tour with Axl did well. So they'll make an album and see how it goes...
I'm all for it!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 5:03 pm

IMO the last several albums with Brian have been a bit boring and stale (with the exception of a few songs). Brian's voice is shot and he can't hear... so if anything, maybe Axl can tap back into his Appetite for Destruction mode and get Angus to write some old school Back In Black riffs. They both know they have a lot to prove to the fans and I think they'll make a very good record!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 9:47 pm

I am curious to hear what the album would sound like...might be good after all.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 11:03 pm

Brian's voice didn't sound shot at all to me on Rock or Bust or on the last tour that they did with him. Too bad Angus isn't willing to work with him in the studio. The album with Axl will sound good, I'm sure, but it's a shame the way things ended with Brian after all of the years he put into the band.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 5:45 am

glassprison wrote:
Brian's voice didn't sound shot at all to me on Rock or Bust or on the last tour that they did with him. Too bad Angus isn't willing to work with him in the studio. The album with Axl will sound good, I'm sure, but it's a shame the way things ended with Brian after all of the years he put into the band.

Well I think his voice is noticeably weaker and less gritty than it used to be.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 2:22 pm

I do think of other bands....like Motley Crue.....after Vince Neil.....John Corabi ?
They had to cancel the tour plenty quick...hate that to happen to Angus.....could though....
Van Halen with Gary Cheorne.....from Extreme..... 3rd singer.....
I even remember Whitesnake...trying to be a headliner....a stadium half full.....canceled tour....
I saw Thin Lizzy with that singer....opening for Priest....didn’t care for it at all.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 10:50 am

Required Fields wrote:
I doubt they'll use the AC/DC name. They might do it for tours, but they'll probably do what Thin Lizzy is doing.

Their studio album(s), if it/they take place, will not be released as AC/DC, though it would sound like an AC/DC album with Axl on the mic.

But when they tour, they'll probably go with the AC/DC name.

I fully believe that Angus will keep the AC/DC moniker. It's his band and that's the only band he's ever known. He's not retiring the name.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 11:31 am

I ask again... is there a CREDIBLE source confirming this is going to happen or is this all speculation?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2018 12:24 pm

Addy wrote:
I ask again... is there a CREDIBLE source confirming this is going to happen or is this all speculation?

Nope. Just rumor and speculation from a questionable source at this point.

Although I will point out that it was the same "rumor and speculation from a questionable source" a year and a half ago that told us Axl was going to be the guest vocalist for the remainder of the tour too. We all had a good laugh, criticized, analyzed, hypothesized and so on. And now here we are again. The circle of life, my friend.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 7:45 am

then I shall not get my hopes up until its confirmed
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 3:31 pm

I hope Axl does sing on a new Ac/Dc album. What's the worst that can happen? It's not like they don't already have a few duds with Brian Johnson.

Almost every legendary band has had more than a couple line-up changes. This could be something cool, like when Sabbath used Ian Gillan for Born Again.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 3:42 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Almost every legendary band has had more than a couple line-up changes. This could be something cool, like when Sabbath used Ian Gillan for Born Again.

And made, in my opinion, their best album.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 3:58 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I hope Axl does sing on a new Ac/Dc album. What's the worst that can happen? It's not like they don't already have a few duds with Brian Johnson.

Id love to hear that
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 6:04 pm

I'd be open to hearing what an AXL C/DC album at least sounds like. 

As others have said it's not like AC/DC didn't release a few turds with Brian on vox anyway so how much worse could an Axl-fronted album be? 

To me the only version of AC/DC that didn't release a crappy album was the Bon Scott version so I say if the remaining members of the band feel like cutting a new studio album with Axl then go for it.  I for one will give it a listen at least.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 6:18 pm

It's not going to be an album without Brian. I's going to be an album without Malcolm, Brian, Cliff or Phil, therefore not AC/DC. If you are going to compare it to Sabbath album then it would be Seventh Star, which I like but it isn't Black Sabbath it's Tony and Glen Hughes.

It's the same deal with an Axl/Angus album, fine I will give it a go but for me AC/DC is gone.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Good point Boris.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 6:49 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
It's not going to be an album without Brian. I's going to be an album without Malcolm, Brian, Cliff or Phil, therefore not AC/DC. If you are going to compare it to  Sabbath album then it would be Seventh Star, which I like but it isn't Black Sabbath it's Tony and Glen Hughes.

It's the same deal with an Axl/Angus album, fine I will give it a go but for me AC/DC is gone.

I see your point and respect your opinion, but as it's been said in the past... some considered them done after Bon died.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 7:00 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
It's not going to be an album without Brian. I's going to be an album without Malcolm, Brian, Cliff or Phil, therefore not AC/DC. If you are going to compare it to  Sabbath album then it would be Seventh Star, which I like but it isn't Black Sabbath it's Tony and Glen Hughes.

I see your point and respect your opinion, but as it's been said in the past... some considered them done after Bon died.

I would put myself in that category.  Maybe not "done" per se but definitely "diminished". 

At the very least they should consider using a different name if they record a new album with only one original member.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2018 9:06 pm

I would bitch about it, but I would give it a fair listen and the completist in me, would end up buying the album.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 10:54 am

Thinking about this, I don't know if I want this, Axl's voice is shot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AXL C / D C
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: