Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AXL C / D C

Go down 
+17
Troublezone
Required Fields
Olafsto
mikeinfla
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Boris2008
Addy
nevermore
Gilbert
Sword Of The Heretic
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
James B.
Highway Star
Glower
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 7:08 am

I read an article yesterday.
Axl's in - and they are working on doing a new release.
The last release was 2014.
Is Angus doing the right thing ?
What does Brian and Cliff REALLY feel - about the new line up ?
Anyone have any inside information affraid
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 7:13 am

I feel he's doing the right. It's his band, he should be able to carry it along as long as he wants. I'm sure there were people saying he should quit back when Bon died.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 7:37 am

More power to them, I say. If all parties involved are willing and able, then why not ?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 8:12 am

He can do what he wants...

Doesn't mean it will be any good or I'll buy it.
The last AC/DC purchased by me was "For Those About To Rock" and I was still in high school.

AC/DC has sucked for 35 years and I seriously doubt Axl W. Rose is going to remedy that situation.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 9:53 am

AXL/DC remains AXL/DC and I shall keep away.

AC/DC to me will remain separate and remain my favourites.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 10:10 am

#NOTMYACDC Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 10:11 am

I thought Axl did an excellent job in the live setting. The show itself was a little boring and by-the-numbers, but he sounded fine and did justice to the material he was singing. It was also cool to see the band dig a little deeper and play tracks they haven't played live since the 70's.

It does seem weird to me that Angus would continue on with the name AC/DC seeing he's the only member and they have quite a legacy to live up to. But, that being said, it's his decision and he can certainly do what he wants. Like James said, it doesn't mean it will be good or I have to buy it (who am I kidding? I'll snap it right up).

Angus plays like he does and Axl will provide vocals. It can't be any worse than any other AC/DC-sounding band in the last 30 years.

P.S. This is just a rumor at this point. Some journalist "close to the band" in Australia posted on Facebook that Angus is planning on returning to the studio with Axl.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 10:22 am

"According to AC/DC biographer Murray Engleheart, there are plans for additional touring with AC/DC. What’s more, Engleheart claims AC/DC’s Angus Young intends to record new music with Rose in tow.

“Speculate all you want but I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: AC/DC will continue with Axl on vocals – new album, touring, the whole nine yards,” Engleheart wrote in a Facebook post (via Alternative Nation). “What was a massive gamble by Angus turned out to be an equally enormous triumph that has set the scene for the future.”

Rumor? Speculation? Fake News? Guess we'll wait and see.

Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 10:31 am

Their new logo:

AXL C / D C Axldc
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 10:57 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
#NOTMYACDC Very Happy

lol! #NOTMYACDC
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 10:58 am

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
Their new logo:

AXL C / D C Axldc

looks cool though..... birthday
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 11:02 am

Love that logo!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 11:03 am

If does come about, I'm sure it will sound like every AC/DC album but with Axl screeching over top of it. It may work, it may not.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 11:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
#NOTMYACDC Very Happy

lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 11:35 am

007 wrote:
If does come about, I'm sure it will sound like every AC/DC album but with Axl screeching over top of it. It may work, it may not.

Exactly. No matter who is singing, it's still gonna sound like AC/DC musically. It's not like Angus is going to go all "Yngwie" on us and release some classically-inspired epic conceptual album.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 11:46 am

I only read it was a rumor but nothing credible to confirm this
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 11:57 am

AC/DC take anywhere from six to eight years between albums nowadays... and Rock Or Bust came out in 2014... so if and when AXL/DC happens, we probably won't see product till at least 2020.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 12:12 pm

James B. wrote:

The last AC/DC purchased by me was "For Those About To Rock" and I was still in high school.

AC/DC has sucked for 35 years and I seriously doubt Axl W. Rose is going to remedy that situation.

This sums me up too except my last album was Fly on the Wall.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 12:16 pm

If it was ANYONE other than Dickhole Rose [or Ted], I would at least be a little interested.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 12:31 pm

I just wonder if there was more heat with Brian. Apparently he is using that invention that helps his hearing and even if he didn't I'm sure he could still work in the studio.

Losing his hearing? There has to be more to the story that we don't know.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 1:02 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
I just wonder if there was more heat with Brian. Apparently he is using that invention that helps his hearing and even if he didn't I'm sure he could still work in the studio.

I think that there i always more to it with Angus, AC/DC have done a great job of keeping inside business inside over the years.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 1:17 pm

I have all AC/DC studio albums released. And that is more than enough.
Rock or bust was ok and i would buy one more with Brian maybe, even if if would not be great.

A new album with Rose - forget it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 1:30 pm

mikeinfla wrote:

Brian was recently interviewed about cars, and naturally the subject of AC/DC came up. Here's his quote...

Quote :
"On stage, it was getting harder and harder to hear the guitars, even hear the keys, and I was basically going on muscle memory," Brian said. "And I'm not the kind of guy who likes to cheat. The way I look at it, I had a great run."

So maybe the hearing-aid thing wasn't working like he hoped. Sounds like he's done with AC/DC, but is oddly ok with that.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 3:02 pm

I doubt they'll use the AC/DC name. They might do it for tours, but they'll probably do what Thin Lizzy is doing.

Their studio album(s), if it/they take place, will not be released as AC/DC, though it would sound like an AC/DC album with Axl on the mic.

But when they tour, they'll probably go with the AC/DC name.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
James B. wrote:

This sums me up too except my last album was Fly on the Wall.

I thought Stiff Upper Lip was a great record, probably their best since For Those About to Rock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AXL C / D C Empty
PostSubject: Re: AXL C / D C   AXL C / D C Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AXL C / D C
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: