Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands That Will Go On...Forever?

Go down 
+20
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
Leatherface
Dark Horseman
Getizzyback
Gilbert
Sword Of The Heretic
Required Fields
glassprison
the sentinel
Hadley
tohostudios
Lari
Troublezone
Shawn Of Fire
Highway Star
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
manny
MetalGuy71
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Empty
PostSubject: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 12:38 pm

Thinking of bands that are going to retire next got me to thinking of bands that have been going on 25 years or more and show no signs of stopping anytime soon.

The first one that popped into my mind was ZZ Top. I recently saw an interview with Billy Gibbons and while he didn't exactly state it, I just got the feeling that they have no plans on stopping until someone drops dead. They'll keep on recording and touring as long as they can. 2019 will be their 50th anniversary.

Another is Metallica. Despite what we may think of their music or what they've become, they still bring it on the road and don't seem to be looking at an end date anytime in the forseeable future. Their career was made on the road and that'll keep 'em going.

Who else isn't ready to pack it in?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 12:44 pm

Besides the Rolling Stones, I have to agree with Metallica, not going anywhere soon, Uriah Heep is another but they have only one original member left, not sure if that counts.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Yeah, as long as you can keep replacing all members and the band is commercially viable then there is no reason to quit.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 1:17 pm

Frankie Banali seems hell bent on keeping the Quiet Riot name going, regardless of whether or not the public wants him to...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 1:21 pm

Molly Hatchet and Foghat are still going strong.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 1:25 pm

I still think Kiss will hire replacements to wear make up and continue indefinitely.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 1:28 pm

I think the Rolling Stones and ZZ Top will keep going until the singers drop. It doesn't hurt that their music is blues based. Longevity is very common for them.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 1:31 pm

You guys forget that in the future you can always just tour using holograms.  Smile
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 1:33 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Danish_Orchestra

Turning 570 this year.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 1:34 pm

Lari wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Danish_Orchestra

Turning 570 this year.

Bah. They don't have any original members left. Totally untr00. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 1:57 pm

Would be pretty tr00 if they did, though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 6:42 pm

The Stones was the first band I thought of too.  That old joke about cockroaches and Keith Richards being the only things left alive after a nuclear holocaust looks more and more like truth.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 7:54 pm

It doesnt look like Sammy Hagar's going to quit making music anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 8:43 pm

I saw ZZ a few years back and the show was definitely scaled back from when I saw them as a kid; so they are certainly working with an eye towards La Futura.

I actually saw an advertisement this morning for the concert hologram thing. I really hope it is used sparingly.

BOC rocked when I saw 'em last year, so I give 'em my vote.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 9:26 pm

Saxon probably as at least another 10 albums in them before they exhaust the subject of rocking.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 10:13 pm

I was thinking that with Slayer about to hang it up...

...what band will fill the void of being the "extreme metal" band that can play at arena type venues with Slayer calling it a career?

Will all extreme metal bands now only be able to play at venues of about 300-400 people at best?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 11:43 pm

Iron Maiden
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 12:33 am

Saxon, Accept and UDO will still be around for quite some time imo. They are showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 2:00 am

Def Leppard seems to be hanging around with or without all their appendages......
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 9:06 am

Required Fields wrote:
...what band will fill the void of being the "extreme metal" band that can play at arena type venues with Slayer calling it a career?

None

Quote :
Will all extreme metal bands now only be able to play at venues of about 300-400 people at best?

Yes
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 10:09 am

I keep thinking Whitesnake will be done but the keep coming back. And Priest seems to be intent on continuing.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 10:38 am

glassprison wrote:
Saxon probably as at least another 10 albums in them before they exhaust the subject of rocking.

Laughing very hard That's funny cuz it's true.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 12:24 pm

Gwar.  All they have to do is keep putting new band members under those costumes.  I don't know if anyone is left from the original line up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 1:41 pm

Doro - In 1000 years time she'll still be going and will look pretty much the same!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2018 10:39 am

Leatherface wrote:
Gwar.  All they have to do is keep putting new band members under those costumes.  I don't know if anyone is left from the original line up. Laughing

That is ok because neither do they!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands That Will Go On...Forever?   Bands That Will Go On...Forever? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands That Will Go On...Forever?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next