Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Underrated AC/DC Songs

Go down 
+13
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
Troublezone
brokentulsa
metalinmyveins
Dark Horseman
Eyesore
akeldama
mc666
glassprison
17 posters
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Underrated AC/DC Songs Empty
PostSubject: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 8:23 am

With so many of them overplayed, what are your favorite AC/DC songs that don't often get airplay, recognition, etc.?

I've been going through some of the band's albums that I don't regularly listen to today in light of the news of Malcolm's passing. This is one that I really enjoy from Ballbreaker:

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 8:29 am

With this one, I always think of a Metal Sludge poster who once wrote that "AC/DC putting out a song called 'House of Jazz' is like Carrie Underwood coming out with a song titled 'Metal Militia.'" I always thought it was a cool track though:

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 8:34 am

The greatest AC/DC song IMO...

glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 8:44 am

Good call, Dirty Deeds was one of the first albums from the band that I bought. I remember putting it on cassette coupled with Brian Johnson era live renditions of the singles and playing it all the time in my parents car. Haven't heard this one is a while though!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 9:03 am

I agree with The Furor, Ballbreaker and FOTS are my fave Brian-era AC/DC and also BUYV. Also What's Next To The Moon, Little Lover, That's The Way I Wanna Rock & Roll & Overdose, that intro is badass and when Angus starts playing the main riff going up the progression and Malcolm comes in doing the opposite it kicks my ass every time.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 10:10 am

One of their best:

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 10:19 am

And the whole Flick of the Switch album. Not sure how that one wasn't huge.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 10:59 am

Guns for Hire and Bedlam in Belgium are great songs.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 11:04 am

I always liked Are You Ready? from The Razor's Edge (actually that whole album is great).
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 1:20 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Guns for Hire and Bedlam in Belgium are great songs.

Flick of the Switch is an amazing album and "Bedlam In Belgium" is my favorite off of it. I never understood why AC/DC didn't play this more or at least when they made their way too Belgium.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Quote :

I agree...in alot of ways it would have been a better follow album to Back In Black than For Those About To Rock...
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 4:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 8:03 pm

Coming from their biggest album Back In Black, the song Shake A Leg is not played much on radio and it's one of their best songs!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 9:19 am

Criminally underrated song, my all time favourite AC/DC song as well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 10:37 am

The entire Powerage album is underrated IMO, but I've always liked this one in particular:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 11:30 am

Troublezone wrote:
Coming from their biggest album Back In Black, the song Shake A Leg is not played much on radio and it's one of their best songs!

My fav song off that album.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 am

C.O.D off of For Those About to Rock.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 5:36 am

Eyesore wrote:

Well, Ken stole my opinion. So here:

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 1:51 pm

This should have been a big hit for the band.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 5:27 pm

Eyesore wrote:

That album was huge to me.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 7:35 pm

One of my very favorite AC/DC tunes is "Ride On" from Dirty Deeds. I know it is widely considered one of their best songs, so I guess it depends on how you define underrated. You rarely hear it even on classic rock radio because radio usually defaults to one of the harder songs. Critically acclaimed but not widely known could be seen as underrated!
Back to top Go down
Highway Star
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Highway Star

Number of posts : 480

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 8:05 pm

QuothTheRaven wrote:
One of my very favorite AC/DC tunes is "Ride On" from Dirty Deeds. I know it is widely considered one of their best songs, so I guess it depends on how you define underrated. You rarely hear it even on classic rock radio because radio usually defaults to one of the harder songs. Critically acclaimed but not widely known could be seen as underrated!

Good call, I was about post "Ride On", and about any other song off that album except for Dirty Deeds is underrated.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 5:02 am

QuothTheRaven wrote:

Probably my favorite AC/DC song of all time. Good call!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 9:17 am

akeldama wrote:
I agree with The Furor, Ballbreaker and FOTS are my fave Brian-era AC/DC and also BUYV. Also What's Next To The Moon, Little Lover, That's The Way I Wanna Rock & Roll & Overdose, that intro is badass and when Angus starts playing the main riff going up the progression and Malcolm comes in doing the opposite it kicks my ass every time.

I remember they played "Little Lover" on Ozzy's Boneyard two or three years ago, and called it a "creepy" song, mainly for mentioning Gary Glitter. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Underrated AC/DC Songs   Underrated AC/DC Songs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Underrated AC/DC Songs
Page 1 of 1