Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Jackyl album [if any....]

Go down 
+8
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
glassprison
akeldama
exact33
Witchfinder
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
12 posters

Best Jackyl
Jackyl
Best Jackyl album [if any....] Vote_lcap62%Best Jackyl album [if any....] Vote_rcap
 62% [ 8 ]
Push Come to Shove
Best Jackyl album [if any....] Vote_lcap23%Best Jackyl album [if any....] Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
Cut the Crap
Best Jackyl album [if any....] Vote_lcap8%Best Jackyl album [if any....] Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Stayin' Alive
Best Jackyl album [if any....] Vote_lcap0%Best Jackyl album [if any....] Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Relentless
Best Jackyl album [if any....] Vote_lcap0%Best Jackyl album [if any....] Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
When Moonshine and Dynamite Collide
Best Jackyl album [if any....] Vote_lcap7%Best Jackyl album [if any....] Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Best in Show
 0% [ 0 ]
Rock Out With Your Cock Out
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Best Jackyl album [if any....] Empty
PostSubject: Best Jackyl album [if any....]   Best Jackyl album [if any....] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 10:11 am

Do you dig 'em? I kinda got to be in a certain mood for Jackyl. Today I am listening to Cut the Crap and it is decent. Probably the best, imo. Your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Best Jackyl album [if any....]   Best Jackyl album [if any....] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 10:25 am

The first one.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Best Jackyl album [if any....]   Best Jackyl album [if any....] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 10:57 am

Witchfinder wrote:
The first one.

i went for the first one too.

akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Best Jackyl album [if any....]   Best Jackyl album [if any....] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 12:04 pm

I don't like Jackyl. A few of my elder brothers like 'em but I just couldn't get into 'em. I did like the song Locked & Loaded they did with Brian Johnson. Did they ever do more with him?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Best Jackyl album [if any....]   Best Jackyl album [if any....] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 12:20 pm

I only own the self titled one so it gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Best Jackyl album [if any....]   Best Jackyl album [if any....] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 8:05 pm

When Moonshine and Dynamite Collide is a great album, as is Rowyco. I didn't care so much for Best in Show, aside from a track or two.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Best Jackyl album [if any....]   Best Jackyl album [if any....] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 8:07 pm

I also like Jesse's non-country solo material. This could have easily been a Jackyl single:

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Jackyl album [if any....]   Best Jackyl album [if any....] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 9:53 am

I had their debut back in the day, so that one gets the vote. Once the novelty of the chainsaw stuff wore off though, I never really followed up on them.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Best Jackyl album [if any....]   Best Jackyl album [if any....] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 12:14 pm

The debut is the only Jackyl album I bothered with.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Jackyl album [if any....]   Best Jackyl album [if any....] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 12:35 pm

The thing that I mostly remember about Jackyl is that they were one of the last "hair bands" that got a lot of promotion and 'The Lumberjack' was in heavy rotation on MTV. Then seemingly overnight, grunge hit and everything went to shite with that channel.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Best Jackyl album [if any....]   Best Jackyl album [if any....] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 5:02 pm

I like Push Comes To Shove the best but I'm kinda like Sax in that I have to be in the mood for them; Jesse James Dupree's voice grates on my nerves after a time.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best Jackyl album [if any....]   Best Jackyl album [if any....] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 10:31 am

I like most of their stuff to some degree but in my opinion they never topped the debut.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Best Jackyl album [if any....]   Best Jackyl album [if any....] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 10:47 pm

The first one.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Best Jackyl album [if any....]   Best Jackyl album [if any....] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 11:30 pm

Push Come to Shove
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Jackyl album [if any....]   Best Jackyl album [if any....] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Jackyl album [if any....]
Page 1 of 1