Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jackyl - anyone get the new album?

Go down 
+8
Waylon
nevermore
Eyesore
the sentinel
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Schbopo
mez
12 posters
AuthorMessage
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Empty
PostSubject: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:23 pm

Not sure whether this is a band your interested in, however the new album is simply hellbent to rock your arse off! It is a very fun and rocky album with that southern kick. They have not lost a step or form since their heyday! I highly recommend this, it falls perfectly in with all these recent releases (Scorpions, Ratt) that are exactly what were are looking for, originality and staying with-in their formula. I am so glad I got this album!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:30 pm

They have a new one? Cool. I really like Jackyl, so I guess I'll pick it up soon.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:13 pm

I like the few songs I've heard from this band, but never had any albums.

I might pick this up for the heck of it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:40 pm

I ordered my copy today based on the review I read at sleazeroxx.com.

Their reviews have seldom led me wrong.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:15 pm

I checked for this at a local place the last few days, but no luck. I'm gonna have to grab it online. Nice avatar by the way! LoL.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 4:19 pm

HA! I will assume you mean my Avatar. Funny movie and that picture is just classic.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 1:10 am

This band was always better than their novelty schlock track. Too bad, really.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:47 am

mez wrote:
HA! I will assume you mean my Avatar. Funny movie and that picture is just classic.

That's one of my favorite movies as well. Good times.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 4:37 pm

I haven't picked up the new cd. The band had a cd release party and video shoot at a strip club in Greenville, SC.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 4:43 pm

Sleazeroxx raved on the new one.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:53 pm

Eyesore wrote:
This band was always better than their novelty schlock track. Too bad, really.
Are you talking about the one with the chainsaw in it?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:19 pm

This album is much better than I expected. Lots of good tracks on it.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 3:26 pm

My boys' band (Xfriday) does a cover of Jakyl's "Down On Me'!! Jackyl - anyone get the new album? 11840
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:06 pm

I haven't really heard anything from these guys since their debut (which I own).I need to catch up on their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Alaskan Metalhead
Metal novice
Metal novice
Alaskan Metalhead

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Just picked this new Jackyl CD up a few hours ago from Walmart and it smokes!! Jessie James still has those amazing pipes! The band is right on and there is not a clunker on the whole disc!

This is a must have for you Jackyl/ACDC/Kix/gritty hard rock band lovers!

My favorite song by Jackyl is still "Locked and Loaded" featuring a duet with Brian Johnson of AC/DC with Jessie James.

This CD is awesome and available everywhere because of Walmart carrying it.

This CD falls in this category... Jackyl - anyone get the new album? 591800 (take it away, Wayne and Garth)
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Hell yeah great cd from the band their best since their debut IMO!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 3:57 pm

Picked it up today. Will check it out soon. headbanger

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:10 am

I have to agree with what the others have posted, this is another solid slab of American, redneck metal. Had this been the follow-up to their debut, it would have sounded completely natural.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:09 pm

Picked this up on my way in to work this morning, and have been listening to it ALL DAY! LOVE IT!! Jackyl - anyone get the new album? 11840
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:31 pm

Yup. Good album. I found it easy to review because it sounds like what you would expect from Jackyl.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:44 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Yup. Good album. I found it easy to review because it sounds like what you would expect from Jackyl.

Except that I found the songwriting on this one to be much more memorable than their other recent output.

PostSubject: Re: Jackyl - anyone get the new album?   Jackyl - anyone get the new album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jackyl - anyone get the new album?
Page 1 of 1