Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Temple of Blood - Overlord

Go down 
+12
Thrasher73
Sword Of The Heretic
exact33
metalinmyveins
scottmitchell74
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
mc666
Troublezone
candlemass
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 11:57 pm

exact33 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
candlemass wrote:
"Divine Metal Distro" :

I thought DMD folded after the guy got exposed?

What's the story with the DMD guy?  What happened?

i believe he was taking orders and never filling them.

Did he get sued?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 1:30 am

Overlord was much better than the first album. I was looking forward to his new album, guess that's been put on hold?
TOB never annoyed me. There are a couple of way more annoying people that were on here at one time.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 2:31 am

I would like to get the Overlord album. Musically, I think it is really good! Although the vocals are not really the style I like.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 6:55 am

Divine Metal Distro folded some years ago. I'm thinking he meant Christian Metal Distro.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 7:04 am

kethdredd wrote:
Divine Metal Distro folded some years ago.  I'm thinking he meant Christian Metal Distro.

Probably, part of Roxx, yes?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 9:38 am

Glad you guys liked "Overlord"!

I know everyone says it, but our new songs are SO MUCH better. And yes the production will be better and yes the vocals will be more aggressive.

The hold up is getting all the guitars recorded. Since Overlord I've gotten married and had 3 kids so it's really hard to find time to record but rest assured I intend to complete it ASAP.

We have a new drummer now and are playing shows again so that also takes some time.

Glad to see there is still some interest in what we do!

BTW, I've written a bunch of mini-reviews for technical thrash releases if you guys are looking for some recommendations of album reviews: https://rateyourmusic.com/list/GeneralZod/technical-thrash-metal-is-the-greatest-form-of-art/
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 9:57 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Glad you guys liked "Overlord"!  

I know everyone says it, but our new songs are SO MUCH better.  And yes the production will be better and yes the vocals will be more aggressive.  

The hold up is getting all the guitars recorded.  Since Overlord I've gotten married and had 3 kids so it's really hard to find time to record but rest assured I intend to complete it ASAP.

We have a new drummer now and are playing shows again so that also takes some time.

Glad to see there is still some interest in what we do!

BTW, I've written a bunch of mini-reviews for technical thrash releases if you guys are looking for some recommendations of album reviews:  https://rateyourmusic.com/list/GeneralZod/technical-thrash-metal-is-the-greatest-form-of-art/

What happened to the other drummer?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 10:27 am

Lance had already recorded his parts for "A Show of Force" years ago but is a family man too and doesn't have time to play drums for us live any more in addition to his paid work as a studio engineer.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 11:16 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Lance had already recorded his parts for "A Show of Force"  years ago but is a family man too and doesn't have time to play drums for us live any more in addition to his paid work as a studio engineer.  

Best of luck to him. At least he's on the next album.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 11:28 am

Troublezone wrote:

Yeah. Our new drummer David is great too. Lance is actually a very talented rhythm guitarist too and my dream is one day to convince him to play rhythm guitars for us. We're all still friends.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 12:59 pm

I like the first one. Have not heard the second. Sorry, ToB. Have not been supporting anyone the last few years. Post a sample!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 2:55 pm

got any cds left of overlord?

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 6:13 pm

Yeah. Here ya go: http://www.templeofblood.net/merch.htm
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 8:44 pm

Long time no see, don't be a stranger...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 8:14 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Yeah.  Our new drummer David is great too.  Lance is actually a very talented rhythm guitarist too and my dream is one day to convince him to play rhythm guitars for us.  We're all still friends.

Is he the same caliber of guitar playing as on the Overlord album? If so, it's a shame if he doesn't do something and continue to make music.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 8:19 am

I'm long overdue to get the Overlord album... and I'm looking forward to hear the new one "A Show of Force".
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 10:59 am

Troublezone wrote:
Is he the same caliber of guitar playing as on the Overlord album? If so, it's a shame if he doesn't do something and continue to make music.

Yeah, Lance could play the rhythms on there if he wanted to. As a matter of fact, when I first started playing music with him he was on guitars with me and we had a different drummer. When that drummer didn't work out the band fizzled out for a while until he bought a drumkit and started putting a lot of time into practicing. I couldn't believe how good he got in a relatively short amount of time. Then we started playing together again and recruited Garth Lovvorn on bass who was from a local technical death metal band called Fleshtized. Lance was actually going to play rhythm guitars on "A Show of Force" but didn't have the time.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 10:59 am

Troublezone wrote:
I'm long overdue to get the Overlord album... and I'm looking forward to hear the new one "A Show of Force".

Pick it up! It'll tide you over until the new one comes out.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 11:05 am

candlemass wrote:
Long time no see, don't be a stranger...

Same to you Mr. Mass!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 6:39 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Pick it up!  It'll tide you over until the new one comes out.

Just ordered it a couple days ago.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 11:35 am

We've recently had our second album remastered by Jamie King (Watchtower, Chastain, Canvas Solaris, Ayreon, etc. etc.)

I can't believe the difference this mastering has made!

The songs "pop" much more. I am far from an expert on this stuff but to my ears it sounds like the mid-range has been restored and the vocals are clearer.

I'm trying to figure out how these new tracks will be released and when, but I am very excited about this improvement!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 11:54 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
We've recently had our second album remastered by Jamie King (Watchtower, Chastain, Canvas Solaris, Ayreon, etc. etc.)

I can't believe the difference this mastering has made!

The songs "pop" much more.  I am far from an expert on this stuff but to my ears it sounds like the mid-range has been restored and the vocals are clearer.

I'm trying to figure out how these new tracks will be released and when, but I am very excited about this improvement!

Jamie King does great work!! I'll pick up a copy when you get everything sorted out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temple of Blood - Overlord   Temple of Blood - Overlord - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Temple of Blood - Overlord
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2