Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Over-rated musicians

Go down 
+15
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
Wrecked Neck
Thrasher73
LeatherRebel
manny
Glower
mc666
exact33
akeldama
tohostudios
Boris2008
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
moonspell67
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 2:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Man, I hate these threads. What starts out as "I don't get [band X]" usually devolves into "I hate [every popular band]".

The Beatles? Over-rated musicians? Go eat a strawberry.
Over-rated musicians - Page 2 8f7b056b01c6571d1fecea89ae03d96c
Yeah there are a few guys on this I'd like to give a strawberry too with some of their picks, but I can't help it if they have no taste lol
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 3:40 pm

Is there anyone that isn't overrated? You could have someone that is a master musician that some people think sucks at songwriting, or a excellent songwriter that isn't that great as a musician....

Even guys like Eddie Van Halen and Tony Iommi have detractors.
Back to top Go down
moonspell67
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
moonspell67

Number of posts : 463

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 3:47 pm

Tiny Tim and Village People were never over-rated.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 3:52 pm

If you know what these kind of threads are, and don't like them, why bother entering it? People have opinions different to yours. That's just life.

I personally don't think the Beatles are over rated. I think they suck altogether.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 4:39 pm

Ghost
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 8:17 pm

mc666 wrote:
If you know what these kind of threads are, and don't like them, why bother entering it? People have opinions different to yours. That's just life.

I personally don't think the Beatles are over rated. I think they suck altogether.

Agreed on both counts.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 9:19 pm

nevermore wrote:
Ghost
I agree with that 1000%. I liked the first album, even went and saw them. But even back then I couldn't understand the hype. They were decent, but really nothing that great. Take away the costumes, and mystique, and all they are is a Hard Rock band that nobody would have given two shits about.
Back to top Go down
moonspell67
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
moonspell67

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:46 pm

Tommy Lee...the reason for him to be on this list is......remember Hit Parader/Circus, RIP, etc., running those ridiculous Top 5 musicians of the year? How did Tommy Lee ever win? Sure, some of his drumset stunts were fun, though his drumming skills are NOT very good. And how did Hammet win the best guitarist on the planet? Ask the editors about their 'contests'. Basically the 1980s rock magazines not only aided bands in exposing their tunes, they hurt careers with their false BS.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:56 pm

I remember best guitar poll - and Ace beat out Page....
This was way back when in 1977 or so....
Guitar magazine, if I remember correctly....
I know Kingdom Come has a song "Overrated" - sings about a chick ?
Anyways, I think Pink Floyd - also fits.
They're not THAT good.....what's the strong appeal ?
The Who - are a way better band than Floyd !
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 3:05 pm

Glower wrote:
I remember best guitar poll - and Ace beat out Page....
This was way back when in 1977 or so....
Guitar magazine, if I remember correctly....
I know Kingdom Come has a song "Overrated" - sings about a chick ?
Anyways, I think Pink Floyd - also fits.
They're not THAT good.....what's the strong appeal ?
The Who - are a way better band than Floyd !
Not going to argue your anti Pink Floyd comment, to each their own. What I'm curious about is, why would you say they are overrated, and then bring up The Who? They are two completely different styles of music, so where is the link between the two?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 4:11 pm

mc666 wrote:

I crave the attention that only anonymous internet posters, such as yourself, can provide. What a Face

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 5:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I crave the attention that only anonymous internet posters, such as yourself, can provide. What a Face

I do think it's interesting that I didn't take the term "musicians" in the first post literally.  I thought that was just a synonym for "band" or "artist".  If we're talking about talent then I would have said "overrated as musicians". 

So if we're talking strictly about musical abilities then I'd have to change some of my posts.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
moonspell67

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 7:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I do think it's interesting that I didn't take the term "musicians" in the first post literally.  I thought that was just a synonym for "band" or "artist".  If we're talking about talent then I would have said "overrated as musicians". 

So if we're talking strictly about musical abilities then I'd have to change some of my posts.

You sound like Little Willy Clinton trying to figure out the meaning of "is".
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 8:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Oh, well in that case, you have a beautiful strawberry.

brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 9:55 pm

Bruce Springsteen
Bob Dylan
Slayer
Foo Fighters
Nirvana
Grateful Dead
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 10:01 pm

moonspell67 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

You sound like Little Willy Clinton trying to figure out the meaning of "is".

Not at all.

IMO, there's a huge difference between being overrated as an artist and being overrated as a musician.  I assumed this thread was referring to the former when it may have actually been referring to the latter.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 10:54 pm

nevermore wrote:
Ghost

Yap
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 2:19 am

Gilbert wrote:
nevermore wrote:
Ghost

Yap

Ya know, I mentioned Ghost on the first page like 20 posts up.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 10:18 am

With the Beatles I think it was more of a timing thing.

Is Axl Rose a musician? i thought outside of the piano he was a singer Smile

My list is this

Judas Priest
Led Zeppelin
Manowar
Metallica
Bruno Mars
Gene Simmons
Paul Stanley
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
moonspell67
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
moonspell67

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 5:34 pm

I find Alice Cooper to be musically lacking - one helluva concert though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Over-rated musicians   Over-rated musicians - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Over-rated musicians
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2