Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dangerous Toys

Go down 
+15
nevermore
Dark Horseman
Jaybird
Eyesore
exact33
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thrasher73
Glower
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
Troublezone
Thelemech
moonspell67
MetalGuy71
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Toys   Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 5:56 am

Not familiar with this band. I am checking out some samples right now. These guys are really good 🤘.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Toys   Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 11:48 am

Not much here, but a brief update from guitarist Paul Lidel regarding the new DT album...

Sleaze Roxx: Where is Dangerous Toys at in terms of the recording and release of their new studio album?

Paul Lidel: We have a handful of killer songs written. We plan to play some of them at our upcoming shows! It’s been a long time since we’ve played any new songs live. I’m really excited! We have lots of song ideas and have been getting together to write. Everyone lives far apart, so it makes it difficult to get together, but we’ve been making it happen. So we hope to get in the studio pretty soon and start work on a new album.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Toys   Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 4:17 am

They need to hurry the hell up! Just my opinion of course. Lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Toys   Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 5:49 am

I am curious to see what they come up with.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Toys   Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 6:01 am

I remember buying Hellacious Acres as a new release. Scared is also a very cool song they used to play on KNAC when it was a radio station.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Toys   Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 12:14 pm

I feel like they are a band that could really recapture some of what made the first two albums so special.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Toys   Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 5:21 pm

Troublezone wrote:
used to play on KNAC when it was a radio station.

Still have a KNAC sticker on an old motorcycle helmet, front head on an old bass drum, and a KNAC t shirt that I cut the sleeves off of back in the day. It kinda/sorta still fits Laughing very hard

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Toys   Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 5:29 pm

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
used to play on KNAC when it was a radio station.

Still have a KNAC sticker on an old motorcycle helmet, front head on an old bass drum, and a KNAC t shirt that I cut the sleeves off of back in the day.  It kinda/sorta still fits Laughing very hard

I miss those days. Hard rock and metal had a big presence back then. I could always turn on the radio and hear actual metal and on Saturday watch Headbangers Ball.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Toys   Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 5:40 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I miss those days. Hard rock and metal had a big presence back then. I could always turn on the radio and hear actual metal and on Saturday watch Headbangers Ball.

Back before KNAC (beginning in like late 82?) KCAL (Redlands) had a 1/2 metal show at 11pm weeknights. It would be a song title theme or a few local bands from LA or Orange County.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Toys   Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 10:12 am

Dangerous Toys played a new tune live, 'Hold Your Horses' (presumably from the upcoming album) at the Rocklanta Festival.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Toys   Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 6:00 pm

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Back before KNAC (beginning in like late 82?) KCAL (Redlands) had a 1/2 metal show at 11pm weeknights.  It would be a song title theme or a few local bands from LA or Orange County.  

I didn’t know about KCAL radio until the late 90s when I went with a friend to a Halloween event in Ontario sponsored by them. I always lived in Orange County and didn’t really venture in that area.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Toys   Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 8:04 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dangerous Toys played a new tune live, 'Hold Your Horses' (presumably from the upcoming album) at the Rocklanta Festival.

Not bad. Very pumped for a new record.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Toys   Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 9:55 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Sounds ok. I'd like to hear the studio version of it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Toys   Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 10:30 am

Oh HELLZ YEZ! This live version, I am sure, will not do the studio version justice. The studio version of this will bring back memories of Hellacious Acres for sure!
Guaranteed! Super Psyched for new DT!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Toys   Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 2:18 pm

I found the vid posted on SR a few minutes ago and read the accompanying article. I didn't know that "Scared" was about the Coop. You learn something new every day.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Toys   Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 1:23 am

Wish that clip had better sound quality. I’m so ready for new Toys!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Toys   Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 12:09 pm

If they can deliver an album as good (or in the same ballpark) as the first three records, I would be happy!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Toys   Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 11:46 am

007 wrote:
As long as it doesn't sound anything like The R*tist 4*merly Known as Dangerous Toys....

I'm going go out on a limb here and say something I never thought I'd ever say. The R*Tist 4*Merly Known...is...NOT THAT BAD.

Let me explain. I listened to the whole thing, beginning to end, last Friday for the first time in God knows how long and I managed to find a few nuggets of corn in the overall turd. Yes, it's vastly different than what we expected from previous DT albums. Yes, it was an attempt to stay relevant in a rapidly changing musical landscape. And yes, the naming of the album fit in perfect with the new direction. Gone is the sleazy, shimmy hair metal, replaced with a more mature, slightly grungy take. It's a bitter pill to swallow, I know.

But just like some other albums from that era that at the time were considered absolute garbage, this one, like others, have aged better than expected. There are a handful of tunes on that album, that if not stamped with the Dangerous Toys logo, are not that bad. If Jason McMaster and company had released this album under a different name (which they practically did), I think folks would look at it today with the same kind of assessment we have with the self-titled Motley Crue album with Corabi (ie not-too-bad, just not Motley).

Believe me, it's far from perfect and will never be the first album I reach for when I want some Dangerous Toys. It would almost certainly be the last album I'd reach for. But with a little careful editing in a playlist, there is the foundation of a somewhat decent, but certainly different, album. It's been nearly 25 years ago since it came out. Some of you might have avoided it altogether based on it's reputation. Fair enough. But give it a listen. You might find it's not as bad as you remember it.

PostSubject: Re: Dangerous Toys   Dangerous Toys - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dangerous Toys
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2