Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Loudest Concert - you've been to !

Go down 
+13
manny
MetalGuy71
Wrecked Neck
brokentulsa
Dark Horseman
Mac & Cheese
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Lari
Thelemech
Lurideath
Glower
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Empty
PostSubject: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 5:58 pm

Adam Bomb.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 7:22 pm

Iron Maiden in 1987.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 7:30 pm

George Thorogood in 89
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 7:55 pm

Loudest as in crowd reaction or just amp tuning?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 8:14 pm

Dee Snider's Widowmaker in NJ circa 1993. I couldn't hear a damned thing for about three days after that gig. I was starting to get scared that permanent damage had been done.
Started wearing earplugs to concerts after that, esp. shows in small clubs.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 8:22 pm

I think the loudest concert I had the privilege of hearing was the KISS/Accept show at the old Stanley Theater in Pittsburgh. It was a smallish venue and with those loud amps, it had my ears ringing like never before.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 8:46 pm

Believe it or not it was Drivin' N' Cryin' around 1993 on the "Smoke" tour.

They played a small club in New Haven, CT called "Toad's Place" and I bought a T-Shirt at the show that said "Turn It Up" on the front and "Or Turn It The F*** Off!" on the back.  That pretty much describes the show. 

It was sort of a shame because my girlfriend and I were big DnC fans but the amps were cranked so LOUD that even mellower songs like "Honeysuckle Blue" were just distorted garbage.  We actually left 3/4ths of the way through the show because we were both getting headaches.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 9:11 pm

Dangerous Toys 93 in Buffalo NY
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2017 9:24 pm

I saw Collective Soul at that same club a few months earlier and while they weren't as loud as DnC I was still amazed they were loud at all.  I mean this was on the tour backing their "Hints, Allegations And Things Left Unsaid" album but when they took the stage you'd have thought you were at a metal concert.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 12:13 am

King's X and Galactic Cowboys in some little club that held up to 1000 people and I was right next to the amps.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 1:13 am

Hmmm.. Maybe Ted Nugent although Metallica and alice cooper come in close..Saw Alice back in the 90s and at one point it was so loud it just became white noise.. Saw nugent in the 90s and he was so loud tiles fell out of the ceiling of the hall...Saw metallica back in the 80s and they were so loud the first few rows fell down from the power chord blast of the first few songs..
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 2:23 am

Black Label Society during Ozzfest around 2000 or 2001. They were the loudest band of the night, and it was the only concert I've ever been to where it made my ears hurt.

Another really loud show that might have been louder if I were closer to the stage was when we saw Combiechrist open for Rammstein. They were so loud, the floor toms on the drum set kept vibrating off the stage.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 7:50 am

The 2 that come to mind for me...

1. Great White at the Spectrum. I could feel my pants vibrating against me the sound was so loud.
2. Motorhead. "Good evening. We are Motorhead and we play rock n roll. 1,2,3,4!" I could feel it in my chest and the vibrations caused a brief sensation of nausea. It was great!!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 8:10 am

Ministry, was the loudest show I ever show, so loud that it was unenjoyable. Been wearing earplugs to shows ever since.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 10:39 am

I'm not sure... but the one time I seen King's X, Doug's bass was loud as hell and rattled the place big time.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 12:20 pm

I also saw KMFDM with God Lives Underwater and Korn.  The first two were good to great but Korn was friggin' awful (big surprise).  Loud muddy bass and drums were pretty much all you could make out.  They were the second band on the bill so by the time KMFDM came out my head was throbbing.  I waited for "Juke Joint Jezebel" then left. 

To this day that's one of the many reasons I hate Korn; they made me miss half of a KMFDM set.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 12:34 pm

Believe it or not Stryper
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 12:34 pm

That sucks. I've been to a couple concerts where openers have made it hard to enjoy the show.
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 1:31 pm

Assjack.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 2:40 pm

Mine's another unlikely one.

Dub Syndicate at Crystal Palace supporting Depeche Mode and Sisters of Mercy (the two bands I actually wanted to see). Dub bass lines are notoriously heavy and it was so loud it felt as though it was vibrating my internal organs and it wasn't comfortable!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 2:57 pm

How were Sisters?  I'd have loved to have seen them in concert.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 3:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
How were Sisters?  I'd have loved to have seen them in concert.

Unreal to be honest, it wasn't the classic line up by any stretch but I soon realised that it didn't matter. Andrew Eldritch is one of those rare performers that can just swagger out and completely mesmerise an audience, he was brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 3:50 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

Dub Syndicate at Crystal Palace supporting Depeche Mode and Sisters of Mercy (the two bands I actually wanted to see). Dub bass lines are notoriously heavy and it was so loud it felt as though it was vibrating my internal organs and it wasn't comfortable!
At Crystal palace? When I was a kid there was a skating ring called Crystal palace in Vegas. Every once in a while they would have concerts and battle of the bands type stuff. Such a cool place back then. Not the same place is it?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 4:02 pm

Three immediately come to mind.

Motorhead
Manowar
UFO
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2017 4:16 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

At Crystal palace? When I was a kid there was a skating ring called Crystal palace in Vegas. Every once in a while they would have concerts and battle of the bands type stuff. Such a cool place back then. Not the same place is it?

Nope this was Crystal Palace Athletics stadium in London, big outdoor gig. The stadium is long gone now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loudest Concert - you've been to !   Loudest Concert - you've been to ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Loudest Concert - you've been to !
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next