Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Go down 
+16
manny
bgsully
Gilbert
Boris2008
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
nevermore
Witchfinder
Addy
MetalGuy71
Stender
martinsane
Lari
Fat Freddy
Wrecked Neck
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 9:13 am

It was terrible. Thankfully, I only paid $4.50 to see it.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6305

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 9:32 am

I got comp tickets for wife and me.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 10:13 am

Lari wrote:
I got comp tickets for wife and me.

Well done!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 4:12 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
It was terrible.  Thankfully, I only paid $4.50 to see it.

That bad?
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4597

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 6:06 pm

I thought it was quite enjoyable. The length was a bit much, and one of the particular "plot threads" could have been tossed out entirely, but on the whole I thought it was quite good.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 6:37 pm

nevermore wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
It was terrible.  Thankfully, I only paid $4.50 to see it.

That bad?

Garbage plot. No character building. Cringe inducing moments. They paid off absolutely nothing from The Force Awakens and explained even less. No wonder JJ Abrams is coming back for the next one. It's not as bad as the prequels of course, but it wasn't even as good as Rogue One which was only half good.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 10:51 pm

^^See I've always thought the whole Star Wars plot in general has been garbage, and none of the characters necessarily well developed throughout the saga anyway. Having that perspective in mind, I find it easy to enjoy almost any SW movie to some degree.

And there's no way this is worse than ROTJ. Talk about cringe inducing moments haha...
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 12:07 am

corplhicks wrote:
^^See I've always thought the whole Star Wars plot in general has been garbage, and none of the characters necessarily well developed throughout the saga anyway. Having that perspective in mind, I find it easy to enjoy almost any SW movie to some degree.

And there's no way this is worse than ROTJ. Talk about cringe inducing moments haha...

Flying Space Leia. I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 11:13 am

The cringe worthy parts are truly cringe worthy, flying space Leia is hilarious as is indestructible Luke weird cute bird things and a whole lot of other ridiculous stuff, and that's exactly what I'm looking for. Sorry but in terms of character development it had a lot more than the last one and I kind of cared about the characters (which was my biggest problem with Rogue One where all of the characters died without me even beginning to give a shit)

I'm glad that Rey turned out to be no relation to anyone and it showed the more holistic nature of the force and the fact that even the Jedi and the Sith have perhaps misunderstood it's magnitude and how much control they actually have over it.

It's not perfect by any means, no Star Wars movie is but it was a lot of fun and some new angles to the story. But when watching any Star Wars film I see it through the lens of a seven year old and in that respect I loved it.

And Hicks is right about Return of the Jedi (Let's just remake the first movie with Ewoks!)
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9854

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 1:40 pm

My son wants to see it. Will take him during the weekend. Hope he won't be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 1:56 pm

The plot is garbage. The characters are in exactly the same position at the end of the film as they were in the beginning. There was no set up for the next film, which begs the question - what was the point of this movie?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 7:50 pm

I had some issues with certain aspects as well, but overall I enjoyed it. There were little things I disliked, but the stuff I enjoyed was far more important. My kids liked it too and that made it much more enjoyable to see I'm raising a new generation of SW nerds.

And I used a gift card. 3 tickets, a tub of popcorn and a bucket of soda only cost me .46 cents out of pocket. Razz

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 2:51 am

Boris2008 wrote:
The cringe worthy parts are truly cringe worthy, flying space Leia is hilarious as is indestructible Luke weird cute bird things and a whole lot of other ridiculous stuff, and that's exactly what I'm looking for. Sorry but in terms of character development it had a lot more than the last one and I kind of cared about the characters (which was my biggest problem with Rogue One where all of the characters died without me even beginning to give a shit)

I'm glad that Rey turned out to be no relation to anyone and it showed the more holistic nature of the force and the fact that even the Jedi and the Sith have perhaps misunderstood it's magnitude and how much control they actually have over it.

It's not perfect by any means, no Star Wars movie is but it was a lot of fun and some new angles to the story. But when watching any Star Wars film I see it through the lens of a seven year old and in that respect I loved it.

And Hicks is right about Return of the Jedi (Let's just remake the first movie with Ewoks!)
The flying Leia was terrible. Luke being indestructible didn't bother me because ******spoilers******* Luke wasn't really there, it was just a force projection of him. The truly cringe worthy moments for me were *******spoilers******** The chase scene that took up the whole movie. I'm sorry, but laser blast from such a short distance in the vacuum of space aren't going to be weakened. The scene where Fin goes head on into that laser cannon at the end. Sorry, but he'd be one fried rebel. The bombers in space at the beginning. Sorry, but in space bombers are pretty useless. You open the bomb bay doors, you have a bunch of floating explosives just following you in your orbit or flight path. There are other things that bothered me, but those are the most glaring. I wish they would have handled Luke's part better. I wish Rey had some training before she just becomes so powerful. The whole Scooby doo part of who screwed who between Luke and kylo was lame.

All that said, there were definitely parts I liked. I'm going to go see it again this weekend and see if I like it better on my second viewing.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 8:07 am

I loved it. Definitely the movie to push starwars further.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 11:34 am

bgsully wrote:
I loved it. Definitely the movie to push starwars further.

I loved it as well
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 12:20 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
The plot is garbage.  The characters are in exactly the same position at the end of the film as they were in the beginning. There was no set up for the next film, which begs the question - what was the point of this movie?

Exactly this. I'm not nitpicking about plot holes or tiny details (though it was annoying how none of the questions presented in the first movie were answered in a satisfactory way), but the whole movie seemed to just not go anywhere. At least a lot of stuff and new characters were introduced in the first. So it served a purpose.

This one you could probably just skip and not miss a beat when watching the sequel.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 12:26 pm

FWIW, I thought Rogue One was excellent for what it was - a space adventure with a beginning and an end.

This new one was like a pointless interlude. Couldn't they have squeezed in at least some plot twists?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 7:06 pm

I had no real issues with the movie. The "flying space Leia" is no more ridiculous than ,say, Luke flying out of the carbonite pit in Empire to avoid being frozen.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 7:24 pm

I did not love it but I liked well enough and its by far better than the Phantom Menace
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 7:46 pm

If we're ranking, this beats 2/3 of the prequels (Episode 3 was okay), and possibly Return of the Jedi. So it's around 5th or 6th best movie in the saga. Actually, no, Return of the Jedi was definitely better. It was also the first movie I ever saw in a theater, on its first cinema run when I was three years old and my mom took me to see it. Boy, was I freaked out, but I do remember it leaving an impression. So a sentimental favourite it is.

Hopefully this one goes down another peg in two years time...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 8:07 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
The truly cringe worthy moments for me were *******spoilers******** The chase scene that took up the whole movie. I'm sorry, but laser blast from such a short distance in the vacuum of space aren't going to be weakened.

Also why didn't Admiral Holdo just fire up the engines and hit the star destroyer head on with lightspeed as plan A? Why just sit there waiting to be blasted away to let your transports escape, a sitting duck, when apparently you always had this kamikaze option available to you? Why wait till the transports started getting hit? A lot of transports got destroyed for no good reason. A bunch of rebels just died sitting inside transports because she was an idiot.

EDIT: apparently it's already being discussed by SW nerds:
https://www.theringer.com/2017/12/20/16800970/vice-admiral-holdo-maneuver-the-last-jedi

Like, why don't you just build a fleet of small ships and use them as missiles to destroy giant cruisers etc? If that's how hyperspace works (tears through giant ships). Or use projectiles with "ship technology". You could have probably just hit the Death Star with the Millenium Falcon and be done with it. No shields, no forest planets, no ewoks, none of that extracurricular BS.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 2:37 am

Lari wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
The truly cringe worthy moments for me were *******spoilers******** The chase scene that took up the whole movie. I'm sorry, but laser blast from such a short distance in the vacuum of space aren't going to be weakened.

Also why didn't Admiral Holdo just fire up the engines and hit the star destroyer head on with lightspeed as plan A? Why just sit there waiting to be blasted away to let your transports escape, a sitting duck, when apparently you always had this kamikaze option available to you? Why wait till the transports started getting hit? A lot of transports got destroyed for no good reason. A bunch of rebels just died sitting inside transports because she was an idiot.

EDIT: apparently it's already being discussed by SW nerds:
https://www.theringer.com/2017/12/20/16800970/vice-admiral-holdo-maneuver-the-last-jedi

Like, why don't you just build a fleet of small ships and use them as missiles to destroy giant cruisers etc? If that's how hyperspace works (tears through giant ships). Or use projectiles with "ship technology". You could have probably just hit the Death Star with the Millenium Falcon and be done with it. No shields, no forest planets, no ewoks, none of that extracurricular BS.
I watched a video where the guy was saying the same thing. He also brought up a good point as to why did she have to sacrifice herself? Why not have a droid fly the ship?

And the flying Leia didn't so much bother me, but her surviving the initial blast that blew her and the entire cockpit into space is the truly cringe worthy part in that scene.

I may be a little harsh in my assessment of the movie. I was sicker than hell when I went to see it, and I don't like anything when I'm sick. Was planning on going again Tuesday, but the wife ended up with walking pneumonia, so we will wait till she feels better to see it again.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 7:21 pm

I see it tonight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 9:09 pm

I enjoyed it and ti also enjoyed Rouge One. Then again, I'm not as picky as many people around here Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2018 8:31 am

DallasBlack wrote:
I enjoyed it and ti also enjoyed Rouge One. Then again, I'm not as picky as many people around here Very Happy .

I loved it as well, I liked Rouge One but I have to admit it took a bit for me to get into that one but I love that now as well

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi   Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next