Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rock Candy Magazine

Go down 
+3
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
mikeinfla
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Rock Candy Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Rock Candy Magazine   Rock Candy Magazine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 6:29 am

I don't know how well a new magazine publication would do in this day and age but Rock Candy has started a magazine like Creem and Hit Parader. Sound interesting, maybe it will do ok. Looks to be a UK publication.

https://www.rockcandymag.com/
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rock Candy Magazine   Rock Candy Magazine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 11:16 am

It might do ok for the first year, if they aim for the nostalgic crowd, but I can't see the printed format being sustainable for too long. I understand it will be in digital format as well, so that might help.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Rock Candy Magazine   Rock Candy Magazine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 11:54 am

And it's a UK publication so I don't see a lot of interest here in the states. It looks cool but not available here is a bummer.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Rock Candy Magazine   Rock Candy Magazine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 12:39 pm

Does the UK have that much of a scene these days?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rock Candy Magazine   Rock Candy Magazine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 1:08 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Does the UK have that much of a scene these days?

Seems like they're going to focus on the nostalgic aspect, like their record label.

The website doesn't appear that they are trying to break new bands or report on the current scene. Classic Rock mag does that already, so why compete with them?

Eh, if it shows up in the magazine rack of Barnes & Nobel, I'll take a peek. Why not?

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Rock Candy Magazine   Rock Candy Magazine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 3:59 pm

That's what I don't get. There's already places doing this.
Back to top Go down
Mac & Cheese
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Rock Candy Magazine   Rock Candy Magazine Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 7:21 pm

If you can find it in the stores Iron Fist Magazine is worth checking out
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Rock Candy Magazine   Rock Candy Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 2:01 am

I might check this out...and yes Mac & Cheese, Iron Fist is awesome..I have a digital subscription...
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Rock Candy Magazine   Rock Candy Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 7:49 am

I just read some info on this and it said it will not be available in stores. So pretty much it will fail before it even starts.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Rock Candy Magazine   Rock Candy Magazine Icon_minitimeWed Apr 12, 2017 8:56 am

mikeinfla wrote:
I just read some info on this and it said it will not be available in stores. So pretty much it will fail before it even starts.

They better re-think that. I considered a subscription until I seen the price. I used to get http://www.guitarplayer.com/ and others by mail 5 or 10 years ago, and it cost something ridiculously low, like $2 an issue? When the stores charged $5 or more here.

I recently learned that Sunrise Records locations across Canada will re-open, and some in the the defunct locations of HMV.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/sunrise-records-hmv-1.4017361
Any rock / metal / music magazines that still exist, would be wise to sell in these stores. The average convenience store in Canada does not sell any music mags when I went searching  earlier this year.

Sunrise was THE main popular record store chain to go to, besides Sam The Record Man, in the 1980's, before HMV arrived here and f--ked it all up with insane prices and poor customer service.
I still remember ordering an import CD, waiting months for it, and eventually being told at home, when I was out, that HMV phoned it was in.
I called, they said it was there, and so, I went to get it. On arrival, they act stupid, they don't know what department it is in. Then after going to every floor, except the rap section, am told it is still on order! (But it NEVER came in after that, I was never called again. When I phoned, they said it's on order, and after more months, they said, no order existed and would I like to place an order for it.. I stopped spending my money there when they said that).
Imagine how I felt, when I see my co-worker gloating, with it in his hands the next day.
Yes, his girlfriend worked there, and he denied it was my copy.

Maybe now you can see why I started to look at everything cynically after that in the early 1990s, and that conspiracies exist.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Rock Candy Magazine   Rock Candy Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 7:45 am

Releasing a magazine in this day and age is really weird, let alone one that wants to compete with Classic Rock apparently.
If it's as bad as the "remasters" Rock Candy pukes out, it won't last for long though...
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Rock Candy Magazine   Rock Candy Magazine Icon_minitimeFri Apr 14, 2017 11:09 am

Classic Rock isn't the competition magazine... The AOR magazine Fireworks is probably closer to competition...
I like alot of Rock Candy's remasters.. The Eddie Money, Helix and Quiet Riot remasters are awesome...The only one I didn't like was Dokkens Tooth And Nail..I prefer the original mix on that one (sounds alot more raw).. I may pick up the magazine and the King Kobra remasters this week...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock Candy Magazine   Rock Candy Magazine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock Candy Magazine
Page 1 of 1