Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Priest/Nostradamus news!

Go down 
+8
TheGooch
Chairman_Smith
MetalGuy71
caniplaywithmadness?
mc666
candlemass
ensiferum2k
Wargod
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Priest/Nostradamus news! Empty
PostSubject: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 8:54 pm

JUDAS PRIEST has begun mixing its new concept album about the legendary 16th century prophet Nostradamus, singer Rob Halford revealed during an appearance this past Friday (November 16) on Eddie Trunk's "Friday Night Rocks" radio show. In addition, JUDAS PRIEST will make an announcement in the next couple of weeks about tour dates for 2008. According to Halford, the upcoming tour will include shows where the entire "Nostradamus" album will be performed as well as concerts featuring the band's classic songs.

Regarding the direction of the material and how whole concept for the record came about, Halford recently told PureGrainAudio.com, "It sounds absolutely smurfing amazing and that's not me inflating it, it is genuinely spectacular. So we're still carrying on with that and it should be out sometime in 2008. The idea (for the record) came from our manager Bill Curbishley, because we were ready to go in and do another studio record, but Bill came to see us towards the end of the 'Angel of Retribution' tour, he came to Russia, we were playing Russia and we had lunch with him and he said, 'Look, I have this idea.' Bill manages THE WHO, you know, Pete and Roger, and Bill was behind the enormous success of 'Tommy' and he said, 'I just think that you know, maybe you should think about this possibility of doing a concept album and I've been thinking about this guy Nostradamus.' And as soon as he brought the name up, I'm like, I'm there, let's go, you don't have to say anything else. I knew something of him already like everybody does about the books that you read about him, or on the Internet or on TV, documentaries and I thought wow, this is absolutely brilliant so that's where it all came about from."

On the rumors that "Nostradamus" will be a double album, Halford said, "It is a rumor still. I mean, there is an enormous amount of material and you can only put so much on a single CD so you know, we're trying to tell the story of his life and we're trying to cover every significant moment of his life and I think you know, when we got it all recorded, that's when you're faced with the reality of how much time you got and how much a CD will afford you and the timing of it all. So we just ask everyone to bear with us and as we actually get into the mixing mode, we'll be able to be more definitive and tell everybody exactly what we've got, but we just want to make sure we tell his life story so we'll do whatever it takes to do that."

Taken from Blabbermouth!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 9:19 pm

those blabber babies can be some funny mofos

COMMENT | Huh

posted by : Paradosis
11/18/2007 3:45:22 PM

Priest/Nostradamus news! Comments_right

Priest/Nostradamus news! 1ptrans

Priest/Nostradamus news! 1ptransI wonder if, 500 years from now, musicians will make music about frauds
from our times? A musical about Kevin Trudeau? Or maybe a metal album
about Peter Popoff? Or maybe if *I* make up a bunch of vague bullshit
prophecies and act like a nutbar, even *I* will be remembered
throughout history! Ok, let me give this a try...

"After the
year of the great divide, two powers will rise up to battle in the
heartland, tearing a nation asunder. The victor will sweep in from the
south with the speed of smurf poo going through a tin horn, crushing their
enemies and causing them to flee to the barren north."

I bet if
you give it 500 years, my "prophecy" will come true. And my prophecy
has A LOT more detail than those of the nostraman.

Last edited by on Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 9:19 pm

Oh yea, im pumped!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:23 pm

Nostradamus a fraud? I don't know about that, from what little I read his predictions were pretty vague and ambiguous, nearly impossible to nail down an accurate interpratation. Isn't that true of much of the biblical prophecies as well? You will find a plethora of interpatations concerning biblical prophecy, many of them claiming an exegetical approach in hermanutics, yet arriving at various results. His life was far more fascinating then Poppff's or Hinn's life, don't hold out for any epic metal productions based on those clowns! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 3:24 am

i don't care about Nostradamus himself, but i'm sure as hell looking forard to this cd.

caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 6:45 am

mc666 wrote:
i don't care about Nostradamus himself, but i'm sure as hell looking forard to this cd.

+1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 12:00 pm

Yeah a new Judas Priest album!!! I could care less about the topic matter. I don't really follow concept albums anyways. They could have a concept about Tom and Jerry and I'd buy it!!!

I just want a new JP album!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:59 pm

I hope they dont go all Manowar, and release some pretentious wankery, filled with bland spoken word passages.

However, i am positive that Priest will be DELIVERING THE GOODS.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 10:48 pm

defender_of_the_faith wrote:
I hope they dont go all Manowar, and release some pretentious wankery, filled with bland spoken word passages.

Keep the faith!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 7:36 am

Listening to that would be a PAIN.KILLER music is what I want.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 9:13 am

i would literally barf sick

Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 9:58 am

The concept seems a bit weird, but i'm sure they'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:15 am

i am not sold on the concept but who cares as long as it is good stuff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:20 pm

I might need to check that out when it gets released. I'm kind of curious, however, about how Priest is going to pull off the whole concept album thing seeing as they never were the greatest of lyricists....

Still, tis piqued my curiosity.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:49 pm

TOUR TOUR TOUR
is all i want
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 8:05 pm

By the way, have any of you guys seen Heavy Metal Parking Lot?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 11:31 pm

Hit Parader actually had some insight and in an interview with Halford, he assures us that the new album will still maintain the Priest sound we know and love. He believes, as I do, that done correctly orchestration can enhance the heaviness of metal. He assures us that the heaviness will NOT be watered down by the orchestra. Take that for what it's worth.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 12:50 am

ensiferum2k wrote:
those blabber babies can be some funny mofos

COMMENT | Huh

posted by : Paradosis
11/18/2007 3:45:22 PM

Priest/Nostradamus news! Comments_right

Priest/Nostradamus news! 1ptrans

Priest/Nostradamus news! 1ptransI wonder if, 500 years from now, musicians will make music about frauds
from our times? A musical about Kevin Trudeau? Or maybe a metal album
about Peter Popoff? Or maybe if *I* make up a bunch of vague bullshit
prophecies and act like a nutbar, even *I* will be remembered
throughout history! Ok, let me give this a try...

"After the
year of the great divide, two powers will rise up to battle in the
heartland, tearing a nation asunder. The victor will sweep in from the
south with the speed of smurf poo going through a tin horn, crushing their
enemies and causing them to flee to the barren north."

I bet if
you give it 500 years, my "prophecy" will come true. And my prophecy
has A LOT more detail than those of the nostraman.

haha, nice one.

About the album, really looking forward to hearing it. AoR was an excellent return to form.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 7:22 am

They could have use another guy. I hope it's not gonna be crap! I can't wait! 🤘
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 9:09 am

i cant wait to hear this one i hope its good
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 9:35 am

Didn't Nostradamus predict this news already?

Anyway, I'm with what others are saying... I just want new PRIEST, concept albums don't interest me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Priest/Nostradamus news!   Priest/Nostradamus news! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Priest/Nostradamus news!
Page 1 of 1