Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)

Go down 
+11
Witchfinder
akeldama
Lari
manny
Troublezone
Wurthless
Gilbert
nevermore
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)   R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 10:12 pm

Chris Caffery just posted this on his official FB a few minutes ago:

"The entire Trans-Siberian Orchestra family, past and present, is heartbroken to share the devastating news that Paul O’Neill has passed away from chronic illness.

He was our friend and our leader -- a truly creative spirit and an altruistic soul. This is a profound and indescribable loss for us all.

We ask that you respect Paul’s family’s privacy now.

We will make additional announcements shortly."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)   R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 10:16 pm

Just read this on the TSO page. Sucks man, I hate this getting old thing.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26452

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)   R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 10:18 pm

Just received a text about this.

Sad to hear this news.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)   R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 10:25 pm

R.i.p.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)   R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2017 10:51 pm

damn, man. Sad

RIP.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)   R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 1:41 am

He was a big part of the Savatage family too.  

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)   R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 6:16 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)   R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 6:17 am

That's a shame.
RIP
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)   R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 7:29 am

As a big fan of 90's Savatage this is a tough one for me. Our heroes won't live forever.

Thank you Paul for your contribution to music I love.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)   R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 7:45 am

RIP. I'll jam some Savatage in his honor.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)   R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 8:55 am

RIP. He was the producer on one of my favorite albums of all time - Badlands - Badlands.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)   R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 3:18 pm

Quite possibly the greatest Paul O'Neill song. Rest in peace, buddy.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)   R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 9:12 pm

I was delivering an order to a restaurant in Arlington and saw on a computer screen: "Trans Siberian Orchestra Founder...." the rest was cut off. I checked the internet on my new smart phone and found this out. I couldn't believe it and was truly sad. I love all eras of Savatage but the era with his input is my favorite and I absolutely love every TSO album. I read it was due to his diabetes, sad news indeed.

R.I.P.

I agree with Lari about Believe and he has many other great songs. I really loved this one from the recent TSO album:

The other version seems to be more popular, but this version is much more soulful IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)   R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 10:15 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)   R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 9:52 am

They are being very cryptic about his passing, then I read this...

Quote :
University of South Florida police spokeswoman Renna Reddick said O'Neill was found dead in his room by hotel staff at a Tampa Embassy Suites late Wednesday afternoon. She says there were no obvious signs of foul play, and a medical examiner is working to determine an official cause.

...which makes it more mysterious and sad if he died alone in a hotel room.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)   R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 4:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
They are being very cryptic about his passing, then I read this...

Quote :
University of South Florida police spokeswoman Renna Reddick said O'Neill was found dead in his room by hotel staff at a Tampa Embassy Suites late Wednesday afternoon. She says there were no obvious signs of foul play, and a medical examiner is working to determine an official cause.

...which makes it more mysterious and sad if he died alone in a hotel room.

Sad - big TSO fan. I hope they find a way to continue without being controlled by corporate overlords.

I hate to say it but my initial reaction was death by OD (probably heroin... and probably got addicted from painkillers.) The "respect privacy" "in a hotel room, no foul play" "chronic illness" sounds like an OD to me.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)   R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 7:02 pm

Didn't DallasBlack just say it was diabetes?

Anyway it's pointless to speculate.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)   R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 8:55 pm

I initially saw an article saying diabetes, but I'm not finding it now. All of them say chronic illness. I was using a smart phone so there's no telling where I got that or if it was even there. I was too shocked to pay attention to where the article was from.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)   R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Paul O'Neill (Savatage/T.S.O. producer)
Page 1 of 1