Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare

Go down 
+6
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
glassprison
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare Empty
PostSubject: Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare   Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 1:35 pm

Anyone ever get into these guys? I know the first two but looks like there are more albums.

Last edited by Dark Horseman on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare   Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 2:46 pm

Haven't heard'em in dog years.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare   Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 3:27 pm

I liked the first 2. Never heard any of the other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare   Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 4:45 pm

I was surprised to hear there were more albums. Here's a newer song, sounds pretty good:
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare   Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 2:23 am

Smokin Delta Voodoo is not bad, but the songs are not very memorable and the production is shoddy.

I haven't listened to Back Traxx, Deeper Shade of Grey or the Grind EP in at least five years so I can't really comment on those. I think I have them on an external hard drive though. I may revisit them soon.

While I love the S/T and Wake Up Screaming, the latter is easily my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare   Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 3:49 am

I never followed them past the self titled album. It was decent enough though.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare   Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 10:11 am

I'm revisiting them and really enjoying them, more then I remember. I think if Smokin' Delta Voodoo had better production it would be a good album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare   Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 10:29 am

I believe I had their debut 2nd album on cassette way back in the day. I honestly don't recall anything about them though. I haven't heard them in years, but who knows, I'd probably like 'em now.

EDIT: Looking up their discography, I believe it was their 2nd album, Wake Up Screaming, that I owned. Probably something I swiped from Tower Records when I was in my "sticky-fingers- punk-kid-phase". Embarassed

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare   Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 10:42 am

Heard of the band, never actually heard them though.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare   Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 12:16 pm

I had their debut as a kid, enjoyed it well enough.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare   Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 1:43 pm

There's a bluesy sound on some of it I really enjoy.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare   Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 6:37 pm

I really really liked the S/T. Got the 2nd and it didn't grab me like the S/T, should revisit though.Played the heck out of that S/T and the cover of CDB's Long Haired Country Boy sure was nice.

The lead of single from the S/T was a dinger for sure and they had the look no doubt!

The obligatory power ballad, from the S/T again:

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare   Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 6:50 pm

I have the S/T on CD but like Freddy I haven't heard the thing in literally decades. I even saw them at the New Daisy in Memphis back in the day but like their debut album, nothing impressed me live either.

I vaguely remember considering them as a less flamboyant and therefore more boring version of Jackyl. The clips posted in this thread don't really remind me too much of Jackyl but they also don't do much to overcome my previous impression of "more boring".

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare   Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 10:25 pm

Some of it I hear a Cinderella vibe. Eh, each to his own I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare   Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Give me some thoughts on Every Mother's Nightmare
Page 1 of 1