Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?

Go down 
+5
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Dark Horseman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Anyone checked out Dead Daisies? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?   Anyone checked out Dead Daisies? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 2:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOD02aoqU08

I think Corabi sounds great here.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?   Anyone checked out Dead Daisies? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 2:10 pm

The Dead Daisies are a collective featuring some of the best musicians in the world. This includes; John Corabi (Motley Crue) Richard Fortus & Dizzy Reed (Guns N' Roses), Marco Mendoza Thin Lizzy & Whitesnake/David Coverdale), Brian Tichy (Billy Idol) and David Lowy (Mink)
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?   Anyone checked out Dead Daisies? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 2:16 pm

I haven't. Been meaning to though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?   Anyone checked out Dead Daisies? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 2:22 pm

I have their first album (most of it anyway) that was a bonus disc from an issue of Classic Rock magazine. It's probably missing 2 or 3 tracks from the actual debut. I didn't think much of it at the time. Decent enough, but nothing that blew me away. It was a different singer too.

Then they managed to get Corabi to sing on their follow-up. That got me semi-interested again, but after some luke-warm reviews I never bothered following up on them.

Maybe I'll dig out that debut album and give 'em another shot.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?   Anyone checked out Dead Daisies? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 2:33 pm

I'm glad I checked out the second album before the reviews or I might've skipped it too. Much better then the debut.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?   Anyone checked out Dead Daisies? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 2:38 pm

My bad. Looks like they have 3 albums out:

The Dead Daisies
Revolución*
Make Some Noise*

*Corabi sings these 2.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?   Anyone checked out Dead Daisies? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 6:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
My bad. Looks like they have 3 albums out:

The Dead Daisies
Revolución*
Make Some Noise*

*Corabi sings these 2.

You missed one.  They also have an EP called "The Face I Love".  I have that one and the S/T.  Slash plays on "Lock N Load" from the first album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?   Anyone checked out Dead Daisies? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 6:09 pm

This is the first I've heard of them. How'd I miss them?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?   Anyone checked out Dead Daisies? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 6:13 pm

I would have missed them too except they were playing at a local club here about 2 years ago and put in an appearance on the morning news/entertainment show to promote it.   I liked what I heard enough to buy the two downloads from Amazon.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?   Anyone checked out Dead Daisies? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 7:27 pm

I have the free disc that Classic Rock Magazine gave away a few years ago. It was ok, but it did not stand out for me, this pre- Corabi.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?   Anyone checked out Dead Daisies? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 8:11 pm

I saw them open for KISS a few years ago and wasn't impressed. That was before they had Doug Aldrich and Corabi though. I listened to the latest album a couple of times. Aside from a couple of songs I don't care for it. The musicianship is certainly there, but the songs don't grab me at all. There are some real lackluster choruses on that album, and two throwaway covers--"Fortunate Son" and "Join Together."
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?   Anyone checked out Dead Daisies? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2017 8:26 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOD02aoqU08

I think Corabi sounds great here.

A great cover! & yes Corabi does sound great here.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?   Anyone checked out Dead Daisies? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 2:49 am

The latest album is excellent! It was my first time hearing them. The older albums seem to be hard to come by. =(

But yeah, Make Some Noise is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?   Anyone checked out Dead Daisies? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 11:25 am

Revolucion is the album that grabbed me. It showed they had more then just some 80's choruses in their blood. And I think the covers are very good.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?   Anyone checked out Dead Daisies? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 4:57 pm

Here's a teaser of the upcoming collaboration Corabi is doing with Mick Mars:

http://1313llc.com/

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?   Anyone checked out Dead Daisies? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 7:08 pm

glassprison wrote:
Here's a teaser of the upcoming collaboration Corabi is doing with Mick Mars:

http://1313llc.com/

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?   Anyone checked out Dead Daisies? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 8:08 pm

I'll be checking that out, Corabi is sounding great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?   Anyone checked out Dead Daisies? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone checked out Dead Daisies?
Page 1 of 1