Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kansas-The Prelude Implicit

Go down 
+2
Dark Horseman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Kansas-The Prelude Implicit Empty
PostSubject: Kansas-The Prelude Implicit   Kansas-The Prelude Implicit Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 1:23 pm

A nice surprise, they found a singer who sounds familiar yet isn't just ripping off the past. They sound revived here, Rich Williams shines on guitar here and we haven't heard Ragsdale this focused in awhile. I think you can place this easily alongside any of their classic work.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Kansas-The Prelude Implicit   Kansas-The Prelude Implicit Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 1:53 pm

I didn't even know Kansas was still a thing. Good for them.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Kansas-The Prelude Implicit   Kansas-The Prelude Implicit Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 1:57 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
A nice surprise, they found a singer who sounds familiar yet isn't just ripping off the past. They sound revived here, Rich Williams shines on guitar here and we haven't heard Ragsdale this focused in awhile. I think you can place this easily alongside any of their classic work.

Agreed...I think it's a great album from start to finish. Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Kansas-The Prelude Implicit   Kansas-The Prelude Implicit Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 3:10 pm

I had no expectations at first but was pretty amazed.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Kansas-The Prelude Implicit   Kansas-The Prelude Implicit Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:18 pm

Is it just me or does this album sound like it could have come from the 70s? The only thing that tells me otherwise is the release year. BTW, that means I really liked it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Kansas-The Prelude Implicit   Kansas-The Prelude Implicit Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 6:47 pm

Another great release this from a classic legendary band. Seems like these band are putting out some great releases, bands like Styx, Deep Purple, Kansas great stuff. Get the vinyl it sounds amazing.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Kansas-The Prelude Implicit   Kansas-The Prelude Implicit Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 11:25 am

Wargod wrote:
Another great release this from a classic legendary band. Seems like these band are putting out some great releases, bands like Styx, Deep Purple, Kansas great stuff. Get the vinyl it sounds amazing.

Wargod

Cheap Trick and Blondie too!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: Kansas-The Prelude Implicit   Kansas-The Prelude Implicit Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 1:41 pm

me likey

PostSubject: Re: Kansas-The Prelude Implicit   Kansas-The Prelude Implicit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kansas-The Prelude Implicit
Page 1 of 1