Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mortification - Scrolls of the Megiloth

Go down 
+9
mr.electric39
candlemass
akeldama
Thrasher73
nevermore
exact33
bgsully
Dark Horseman
scottmitchell74
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3887

Mortification - Scrolls of the Megiloth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Scrolls of the Megiloth   Mortification - Scrolls of the Megiloth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 8:03 pm

I get what you are saying. Not against what you are saying at all. I get it and yeah it is good. I just don't feel the same about it. Some people act like this is the greatest death metal release ever... if that's their opinion... ok. But I think Edge of Sanity, Grave, Entombed, Carcass, Bolt Thrower and many others that released albums around the same time are better. Just my opinion though.

I am not all German thrash though. The German style of thrash is just more to my liking. I am actually a bigger death metal fan than a thrash fan actually.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Scrolls of the Megiloth   Mortification - Scrolls of the Megiloth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2020 8:30 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I get what you are saying. Not against what you are saying at all. I get it and yeah it is good. I just don't feel the same about it. Some people act like this is the greatest death metal release ever... if that's their opinion... ok. But I think Edge of Sanity, Grave, Entombed, Carcass, Bolt Thrower and many others that released albums around the same time are better. Just my opinion though.

I am not all German thrash though. The German style of thrash is just more to my liking. I am actually a bigger death metal fan than a thrash fan actually.

Thanks for clarifying. It’s actually not my favorite death metal album, I just think it’s the best Christian death metal album of it’s time. Back then there really wasn’t anything close to that extreme style. The closest thing was Vengeance Rising. Of coarse there is/was better secular albums, but Scrolls was a huge jump forward for extreme Christian music. And I think Jayson Sherlock is a great drummer!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Scrolls of the Megiloth   Mortification - Scrolls of the Megiloth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 3:21 pm

I friend from way back in high school loved Gorguts and Bolt Thrower and he's got me listening to them now.

Whoa! They are incredible and I can hear the [i]direct[/i] influence they had on Mortification.

There's a world of DM I didn't listen to back then that I'm catching up on.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Scrolls of the Megiloth   Mortification - Scrolls of the Megiloth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 3:41 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I friend from way back in high school loved Gorguts and Bolt Thrower and he's got me listening to them now.

Whoa! They are incredible and I can hear the [i]direct[/i] influence they had on Mortification.

There's a world of DM I didn't listen to back then that I'm catching up on.

Other than a few random songs, I haven't gotten into Gorguts yet, but Bolt Thrower is a must for any metalhead. I slept on them for years, only having one CD. Kicking myself ever since because now they're done and I never got the chance to see them in concert. Though its funny, because just last night I was watching a video on YouTube about them and at the end the guy said there have been stirrings from the Bolt Thrower camp and they might release some new album if some type. Hope that means reunion and tour, I gotta see them before I die.

And to stay OT, never got around to Mortification yet either, but they're on my radar.

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Scrolls of the Megiloth   Mortification - Scrolls of the Megiloth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 3:47 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Can't believe it's been this long since Morty came up. I wonder how Steve rowe is doing? Can't find anything about him.
Haha, please don't tell me this band us from Phoenix. I used to have a boss named Steve Rowe. I know they aren't the same guy, but now I'm picturing him in a DM band and it's hilarious....to me anyways Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Scrolls of the Megiloth   Mortification - Scrolls of the Megiloth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Scrolls is one of my favorites. I like most of Morty’s catalogue, but those first 3 are the best.

Gorguts and Bolt Thrower are more recent listens of mine and I dig ‘em, especially Bolt Thrower.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mortification - Scrolls of the Megiloth   Mortification - Scrolls of the Megiloth - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mortification - Scrolls of the Megiloth
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2