Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+12
Lari
Sword Of The Heretic
Witchfinder
mlotek
Leatherface
Vexer6
akeldama
tohostudios
Addy
mikeinfla
DallasBlack
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 10:14 pm

Good match indeed but I hate when they put Cena in a submission hold cuz he no sells it and will never tap out.

I expected Orton to help Bray get the win.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 10:18 pm

Of course not; he's "Super Cena".

I still get a kick out of his entrances though. I actually find myself singing along to his entrance music with half the audience: "John Cena sucks....John Cena sucks...."

It cracks me up. I even start singing it when some of the college bands start using that music during basketball games.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 6:57 am

So last night while watching Smackdown I told my wife "this is predictable. either Cena or Orton walks out while Bray is there". Sure enough Cena walks out... Then I told her to watch because as soon as they make a match "RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!!!" AJ will walk out... Then it will turn into a Triple Threat, which it did. During the Corbin/Dean bit did you notice the electric pyro hit BEFORE Dean connected with the table/crate? I turned it off after that.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 3:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Of course not; he's "Super Cena".

I still get a kick out of his entrances though.  I actually find myself singing along to his entrance music with half the audience:  "John Cena sucks....John Cena sucks...."

It cracks me up.  I even start singing it when some of the college bands start using that music during basketball games.  

College bands actually use that song during games?!?!?!?! Laughing Razz Smile Laughing very hard lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Yep. Quite a few actually. It's almost as ubiquitous in college games as Seven Nation Army.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:04 pm

I was looking for some sport to watch tonight and I ran across "Global Supercard" on ESPN Classic. Apparently it's matches from the late days of the GWF.

Opening match is Rasta The Voodoo Man vs Brian Adias.

Wow. Anybody have any idea what year this would be from? Mid 80s maybe?

How long has ESPN-C been showing this?

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:09 pm

ESPN-C has been showing classic wrestling for a long time but since I downgraded my DISH I don't get that channel but I have GWF on WWE Network so...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:12 pm

Big Bully Busick vs Chaz

I haven't seen these guys in forever.  Based on the female hairstyles and Chaz' mullet this has to be from the 80s.

This is fun!

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:16 pm

I guess GWF has been on ESPN-C since 2013.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:20 pm

Wow. I don't know how I missed it. I know they used to be on ESPN a long, LONG time ago but I had no idea about this.

This is a great filler for this sports downtime for me; you know, after the NFL, but before March Madness and the MLB season.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:21 pm

Ever watch NJPW?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Just found out it's 1991 base on the Joe Pedecino recap.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:29 pm

akeldama wrote:
Ever watch NJPW?

Yeah I've seen NJPW on AXS-TV. They used to have Mauro Renallo calling but now its Jim Ross.

That the only reason I knew about The Bullet Club, Prince Devitt and Shinsuke Nakamura

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:33 pm

I never liked Devitt/Balor. I have been wanting to look up GLOW for a while now. As a kid I really liked Little Fiji. LOL! I wanna get the doc they did on it a few years back.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I was looking for some sport to watch tonight and I ran across "Global Supercard" on ESPN Classic.  Apparently it's matches from the late days of the GWF.

Wow.  Anybody have any idea what year this would be from?  Mid 80s maybe?

GWF ran from 1991 to 1994. That was my after school fix every day during the week. Occasionally, you would see some of their top talent show up on WCW or WWF shows as job guys. And that's also where some bigger stars got their feet wet, 2 examples being Raven and Buff Bagwell.

That was back when Buff wore a Lone Ranger style mask and was called "The Handsome Stranger"
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:49 pm

I think Devitt/Balor is great. His ring entrance as the devil character almost reaches Bray Wyatt levels.

This episode of GCW just had a match featuring Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert. Another one of the many pro wrestling tragedies. I used to really like Gilbert as a heel in Memphis wrestling. He was always good for some blood.

Now its "The Winner" Barry Horowitz. Oh man, I totally forgot about that hilarious gimmick. Everyone had seen him as a jobber on WWF/E then he went to GWF as "The Winner" with that handpring on the back of the shoulder of his jacket but continued to lose. Here he's wrestling a really young Jerry Lynn. I remember Lynn from the glory days of ECW.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:50 pm

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I was looking for some sport to watch tonight and I ran across "Global Supercard" on ESPN Classic.  Apparently it's matches from the late days of the GWF.

Wow.  Anybody have any idea what year this would be from?  Mid 80s maybe?

GWF ran from 1991 to 1994. That was my after school fix every day during the week. Occasionally, you would see some of their top talent show up on WCW or WWF shows as job guys. And that's also where some bigger stars got their feet wet, 2 examples being Raven and Buff Bagwell.

That was back when Buff wore a Lone Ranger style mask and was called "The Handsome Stranger"

HAHAHAHAHA!!! He was on this episode! I was wondering who that was.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 10:03 pm

I never knew he was the Stranger. No wonder I couldn't stand him.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 10:05 pm

I really can't explain it but the guy is just BORING. Nothing stands out; not his move set, his look, his mic skills, nothing. wrote:

Well, as for his look there is that skullet. Not even Heyman has one anymore. But apart from that you're right. As I've said before I think his biggest problem is he has the practically the same expression that barely changes even when he's angry. If he was to be the kind of character that smiles I'd be interested to see if it even changes then. Laughing

I sort of like Mickie James though. I like the whole "I was the womens' revolution before the womens' revolution" gimmick. wrote:

I've ALWAYS liked Mickie. She could wrestle and I liked her crazy character. I also always thought she was one of the most attractive women during the old 'diva' days and was utterly disgusted with the whole "piggy James" garbage just because she had a more athletic build than Layla or McCool. She still is which makes me wonder if they're going to make her cover up her belly like they did with Natalya.

...I can't stand The Usos. Never have. Never will. How one of them ended up with Naomi makes me detest them even more. wrote:

With you 100% Since they've de-butted I've never liked them. I was glad when they turned heel though because they were even more annoying as faces (which is quite a feat).

The Ascension deserve better. wrote:

They do. I heard so much good stuff about their NXT days and was excited when they got called to the main roster. Then it was immediately apparent that they had been changed and set up to fail.

I was looking for some sport to watch tonight and I ran across "Global Supercard" on ESPN Classic. Apparently it's matches from the late days of the GWF. wrote:

In the early 90s when I got into wrestling I watched a lot of that. Of course that was just on regular ESPN, nice to see one of their other channels showing it again.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 10:13 pm

akeldama wrote:
I never knew he was the Stranger. No wonder I couldn't stand him.

That's too funny. That's the best part of watching old wrestling shows. it was even fun watching NJPW when Bullet Club was Styles, Gallows and Anderson even though I knew what I was watching was over a year old and all 3 were coming to WWE. Same thing with Prince Devitt/Balor. It's interesting to see what wrestlers looked like and what gimmicks they had before they hit "the big time".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 1:13 am

Former WWE and ECW talent Nicole Bass passed away at the age of 52 today.

A friend of Nicole's made a Facebook post, seen below, on Nicole's official page earlier and noted that she became very sick a few days ago and after being hospitalized, they were told today there was nothing else that could be done for her. Dave Meltzer reported on F4Wonline.com that Bass suffered a massive stroke earlier in the week and never recovered.

The former pro bodybuilder began working with ECW in 1998 before debuting as Sable's bodyguard at WrestleMania 15 in 1999. Bass had a few feuds in WWE before leaving the company after filing a lawsuit claiming she was sexually assaulted by Steve "Brooklyn Brawler" Lombardi backstage. The case went to court in 2003 but was dismissed. Bass worked some indies after her WWE run but had been quiet in recent years. Meltzer also noted that she had suffered health problems for the past decade.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 6:17 am

I recognize that name but can't put a face to it without looking her up on the net.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 11:33 am

I remember her. She was buffer than Chyna.

Also, R.I.P. George "The Animal" Steele.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 11:45 am

Aw man, George "The Teacher" Steele passed away?

He was one of the main reasons I became a fan of heels as a kid. Eating turnbuckle foam, howling and looking up to space and that ever-present "foreign object" that the ref somehow could never find. And of course all that back hair and McMahon on commentary always calling him a "throwback" or a "Neanderthal". Then to learn the guy was actually a school teacher.

RIP George.

Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 11:51 am

akeldama wrote:
I remember her. She was buffer than Chyna.

During the beginning stages of Lawler's infatuation with "PUPPIES!!!", there was some event on RAW, not sure if it was a bra and panties match or something else. Bass comes out, and Lawler blurts out "I wanted puppies and I got a dog"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: