Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sanctuary - Inception

Go down 
+11
Witchfinder
glassprison
Leatherface
nevermore
Eyesore
Gilbert
Thrasher73
Wurthless
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Sanctuary - Inception Empty
PostSubject: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 6:46 pm

I know this was mentioned in upcoming releases or something, but I thought it deserved it's own thread...

Sanctuary - Inception Sanctuaryinceptioncd
01. Dream Of The Incubus
02. Die For My Sins
03. Soldiers Of Steel
04. Death Rider / Third War
05. White Rabbit (JEFFERSON AIRPLANE cover)
06. Ascension To Destiny
07. Battle Angels
08. I Am Insane
09. Veil Of Disguise

Century Media Records has set February 24, 2017 as the release date of "Inception", the official prequel to 1988's classic debut "Refuge Denied" from the legendary U.S. metal act SANCTUARY.

"Inception" contains presumed lost 1986 studio recordings, which guitarist Lenny Rutledge discovered recently and which were magically restored, remixed and remastered by Chris "Zeuss" Harris (QUEENSRŸCHE, HATEBREED).

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 7:41 pm

Cool!! Their last one is awesome, so I'm looking forward to this with glee.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 8:34 pm

That Battle Angels demo is awesome. The demo production gives it a nice touch. I love that rough underproduced sound so much on 80s power metal.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 3:35 am

As I said in the other thread, This will be mine!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 6:22 am

Yep, I'll be picking this one up.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 9:46 am

I am definitely getting this one. It took me years to find the sanctuary records.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 10:25 am

That sounds really good. Sweet!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 12:56 pm

I'll be getting this one!!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Refuge Denied is one of my favorite records, so I'm certainly getting this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 10:27 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Refuge Denied is one of my favorite records, so I'm certainly getting this.

headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 10:57 pm

"Die For My Sins" sounds great! I'm looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 2:58 pm

'nother tune...

\'arry \'eadbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 3:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
'nother tune...

\'arry \'eadbanger

This one sounds good too!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 3:41 pm

Good tune. Wonder why it never made it beyond the demo ?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 4:21 pm

I am really looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 5:55 pm

I'm really surprised by the sound quality of these demos. If only Dane's early Serpents Knight material was as listenable....
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 10:00 pm

i love the tune but the lyrics are silly as hell. i feel that's probably why the track never went beyond a demo before. but idk.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 11:43 pm

Great tune. Pure sanctuary!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 9:36 am

Wurthless wrote:
i love the tune but the lyrics are silly as hell. i feel that's probably why the track never went beyond a demo before. but idk.

I felt the lyrics were kinda cheesy too, but you know, it was the 80's.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 12:25 pm

I wish sanctuary would release an album that doesn't sound like nevermore. But i guess this is impossible. Warrel surely no longer has the pipes for it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 12:49 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I wish sanctuary would release an album that doesn't sound like nevermore. But i guess this is impossible. Warrel surely no longer has the pipes for it.

Warrel addressed that issue when the last Sanctuary album came out. At least he's honest...

Quote :
Speaking about the fact that he is no longer hitting the same high notes while performing the SANCTUARY classics during the band's current tour, Dane said:

"Well, you know, I'm not in my 20s anymore, so I have to be realistic and say… So, obviously, I'm not going to be singing like I've been sucking on a helium tank anymore. But at least, you know… I know people wanna hear these old songs, so you have to make an effort, at least. Yeah, it takes a little bit of practice, a little bit of rehearsing, and it all works out in the end, I guess. I hope people are happy. There's some people on the Internet that are pissed off that I don't sing it exactly the same as I did in 1988. I'm, like, really? C'mon! be realistic. I'm a human. I'm a flash machine. This is how it works. It's work. It's not easy. But you've gotta do it for people to show up at the shows."

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 4:25 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

true. i can stomach cheese if it's got tasty riffs and cool melodies around it, lol.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 12:07 am

Wurthless wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wurthless wrote:

true. i can stomach cheese if it's got tasty riffs and cool melodies around it, lol.

I probably wouldn't have even noticed if I was just listening to the song, but since I was actually watching the lyric video, it was harder to ignore.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 10:05 pm

"Dream of the Incubus," and "I Am Insane" are really good songs! I don't have much use for the demos of songs that were already released on Refuge Denied, but I'm glad these ones have now seen the light of day.

Last edited by glassprison on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2017 10:37 pm

glassprison wrote:
"Dream of the Incubus," "Soldiers of Steel," "Death Rider / Third War," and "I Am Insane" are all really good songs! I don't have much use for the demos of songs that were already released on Refuge Denied, but I'm glad these ones have now seen the light of day.

But "Soldiers Of Steel" and "Third War" were on Refuge Denied, or maybe I am misunderstanding you.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sanctuary - Inception   Sanctuary - Inception Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sanctuary - Inception
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: