Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weird Al - The Compete Works

Go down 
+8
akeldama
manny
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
MetalGuy71
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Weird Al - The Compete Works Empty
PostSubject: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 4:43 pm

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/weirdalyankovic

Legacy Recordings, home to definitive releases by the world’s foremost recording artists including Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Presley, Pink Floyd and Miles Davis, proudly presents Squeeze Box: The Complete Works of “Weird Al” Yankovic, a career-spanning box set of all fourteen of Al’s studio albums, remastered for CD and 150-gram vinyl, and lavishly housed in an exact replica of the artist’s signature accordion.

In addition to his studio albums, Squeeze Box will also include a special 15th bonus album, Medium Rarities, featuring previously unreleased and non-album tracks selected by Weird Al, plus a 100-page book including a treasure trove of unseen photos and memorabilia.

Squeeze Box will be officially released November 24, 2017, with a long-lead manufacturing time due to its unprecedented custom packaging. Fans have the opportunity to pre-order the box set now to be guaranteed delivery of this historic set, as only a limited number of sets will be manufactured after this pre-sale.

Fans who pre-order here will also gain access to a private section of this site (via the “Access Pass”), where they will be able to enjoy exclusive videos of how Squeeze Box was created and made, factoids of Al’s career, and special video greetings from the master himself.

LIST OF ALBUMS

“Weird Al” Yankovic (1983)
“Weird Al” Yankovic In 3-D (1984)
Dare To Be Stupid (1985)
Polka Party! (1986)
Even Worse (1988)
UHF – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and Other Stuff (1989)
Off The Deep End (1992)
Alapalooza (1993)
Bad Hair Day (1996)
Running With Scissors (1999)
Poodle Hat (2003)
Straight Outta Lynwood (2006)
Alpocalypse (2011)
Mandatory Fun (2014)
Medium Rarities (2017) Exclusive to Box Set

Weird Al - The Compete Works Rs-weird-al-yankovic02-92cd5e43-a99b-4ece-bb47-491134076b45

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 5:54 am

Wow, that's pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39561

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 6:35 am

I can't believe he's put out that many albums. Incredible.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 7:07 am

Way cool...hate to think how much that puppy will cost, though!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2017 9:48 am

The bare-bones (ie cheapest) edition of 15 cds in the accordion box is $200. The platinum edition with all sorts of bells & whistles will set you back $475.

I would spend the $200, but justifying that purchase to my wife would cost me far, far more.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 9:39 pm

I love the packaging. No way I can afford that.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 9:48 pm

That's so weird. Just yesterday I was watching some of his videos on YouTube, and now this. I haven't even thought of him in years, until yesterday. I wouldn't mind having this set, but wouldn't spend that kind of money on it.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 10:09 pm

I would love to own this but its a bit pricey
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 3:52 pm

What I wanna know is, is that accordion-shaped box actually playable? Cuz that would make it the second coolest box set ever, right behind the AC/DC one that came housed in a minature working amplifier.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 3:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
What I wanna know is, is that accordion-shaped box actually playable? Cuz that would make it the second coolest box set ever, right behind the AC/DC one that came housed in a minature working amplifier.

It doesn't appear to be playable but that would be pretty sweet.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 8:49 am

All I would need is the rarities and I really that but although the packaging is pretty sweet I can't justify a purchase like that.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 10:26 am

Yeah, I don't see who is buying that for themselves. It seems like it's almost designed to be a birthday present.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 2:33 pm

i am all over that!!!!

Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 4:40 pm

So here's some info on the "rarities" disc:

Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 3:47 pm

Hey Metalguy - I have almost every Weird Al cd and I am about to put them on ebay, plus a few rare eps and such.  I'll take $125 for the lot.  contact me if interested.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 12:02 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Hey Metalguy - I have almost every Weird Al cd and I am about to put them on ebay, plus a few rare eps and such.  I'll take $125 for the lot.  contact me if interested.

Thanks, but I'll pass. I'm trying to trim down my collection. It'd be nice to have, but I just don't have that kind of money to spend for albums I won't listen to more than once or twice.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 3:32 pm

Hadley wrote:
So here's some info on the "rarities" disc:

headbanger

im sold!!

akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 6:00 pm

Anybody have the bonus songs from the enhanced portion of 'Poodle Hat'?
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 9:14 pm

I just preordered the Platinum CD Bundle.

Nerd alert!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 5:58 pm

Dunno if anybody here besides me plays the "Simpsons Tapped Out" online game, but in this month's "theme event" (a "Homerpalooza" rock festival) Weird Al Yankovic is a playable character.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 1:50 pm

Weird Al revealed a new track via his offical Facebook today - a cover of the Ramones' "Beat On the Brat," which will be on a forthcoming Dr. Demento punk rock covers/tribute album. Neat-O!

Apparently it's also a secret hidden bonus track on the "Medium Rarities" disc, which is part of his mega-box set, which comes out at the end of this week.

I think Joey and da Bruddas would approve.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 5:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Weird Al revealed a new track via his offical Facebook today - a cover of the Ramones' "Beat On the Brat," which will be on a forthcoming Dr. Demento punk rock covers/tribute album. Neat-O!

Apparently it's also a secret hidden bonus track on the "Medium Rarities" disc, which is part of his mega-box set, which comes out at the end of this week.

I think Joey and da Bruddas would approve.

I love this cover!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2018 9:59 pm

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2018 8:14 pm

Saw him for the first time on this tour. Great show. They even managed to get me to enjoy Sweet Home Alabama for once.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird Al - The Compete Works   Weird Al - The Compete Works Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weird Al - The Compete Works
Page 1 of 1