Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue

Go down 
+3
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue Empty
PostSubject: Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue   Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 2:27 pm

Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue A2293116653_16

Formed in 1986 by guitarist Mark Weddington, bassist Mark Lyerly, drummer Michael James, and vocalist Binny Orrell, HAVOC would quickly become one of the strongest drawing acts on the N.C. club scene. In 1988 the band would release a six-song, self-titled EP that would be well received by fans, press, and industry. The foursome continued to maintain a steady draw and eventually recorded another four tracks.

Unfortunately, as the coming decade was drawing near HAVOC would become another one of those all too common stories of 80s rock causalities to the changing times.

Now three decades after their forming Heaven and Hell Records are re-issuing those HAVOC recordings for the first time ever on CD all re-mastered by Jamie King at The Basement Studios NC and re-packaged with new artwork by Steve Cobb, full lyrics, and never before seen photos. The pressing will be limited to 500.

This will surely be a blast from the past for those who were there, and a new discovery for those fans and collectors of 80s melodic rock worldwide.

HAVOC is:

Michael James - Drums, Backing Vocals
Mark Lyerly - Bass, Backing Vocals
Binny Orrel l- Lead Vocals
Mark F. Weddington - Guitars, Vocals, Backing Vocals

All songs written by Havoc
Produced by Havoc
Engineered by David Floyd
Recorded and mixed at Jay Howard Production Audio, Charlotte, NC
Remastered by Jamie King at The Basement Recordings NC
Winston-Salem, NC
Cover concept and artwork by Steve Cobb
Layout design by Chris Fergusen

Listen to samples and order here...
https://heavenandhellrecords.bandcamp.com/album/pre-order-back-for-the-kill

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue   Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 3:04 pm

Not familiar with this band. Will check em out.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue   Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 3:26 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Not familiar with this band. Will check em out.

I wasn't either. I'm on the Heaven & Hell mailing list and they sent out this press release about the re-issue. Figured some folks here would like 'em. They have a very strong Dokken-like sound. Nice harmonies and shredding guitar. I might be picking up a copy myself.

Does anyone recognize that creature on the cover? It looks kinda familiar, like a comic book character or a cartoon, but I can't place it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue   Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 4:50 pm

Quote :
Does anyone recognize that creature on the cover? It looks kinda familiar, like a comic book character or a cartoon, but I can't place it.

Looks like the cover of one of those cheap, knock-off video games you find at flea markets. Y'know, for the "Polystation" or the "S-Box." Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue   Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 10:11 pm

I checked out a few songs on the tube and I have to say I am liking it. Thanks, Dave.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue   Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 10:18 pm

This is cool. I definitely agree with the Dokken influence/ comparison.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue   Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 11:45 pm

Heard some songs. I will get the album.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue   Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 9:37 am

Thanks for sharing. I preordered it.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue   Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 5:21 pm

Pre-ordered this one and the X-Calibur cd that Heaven & Hell is putting out.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue   Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2016 6:01 pm

They don't sound too bad. I wouldn't mind getting it but I doubt I would unless I come across it somewhere down the line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue   Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Havoc - Back for the Kill Re-Issue
Page 1 of 1