Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite

Go down 
+5
metalinmyveins
MoonChild
80s Metal Lady
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
9 posters

Favorite '84 Metal Church Rarity
Big Guns
Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Vote_lcap0%Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Brave
Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Vote_lcap67%Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Death Wish
Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Vote_lcap33%Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Empty
PostSubject: Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite   Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 8:06 pm

In 1984, Metal Church had three tracks that didn't appear on their first album as released in the United States. "Big Guns" was on the European version of their debut, "The Brave" was on Metal Massacre IV and the most obscure track, "Death Wish," from the Northwest Metal Fest compilation.  Which of these is your favorite?

*You need to go to 35:41 on this video in case my link didn't work right.*
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite   Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 8:36 pm

I think the only one I'm familiar with is "The Brave," cuz it was also on the "Decline II" soundtrack.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite   Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 3:12 am

Cool! I'll give them a listen!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite   Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 3:48 am

I listened to all of them, I choose The Brave (that is the only one I have heard before though).
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite   Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 8:09 am

Not a hard choice here. It's always nice to hear a couple of songs that one wasn't familiar with, but "The Brave", which I was familiar with wins by a mile!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39563

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite   Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 1:00 pm

The Brave. I wish these songs would end up on a re issue or something
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite   Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 12:58 am

"Death Wish"! That song kicks major ass!
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite   Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 12:32 pm

They are all awesome!

Of note that Big Guns cut WAS released in the US of A on the original issue of the Ground Zero cassette only version of the S/T release. I have it. It closed out the album right after Highway Star! I bought the cassette in 1984 from a Kent, Washington Mom and Pop record store that consigned the MC tape.

That NW Metalfest record has a great many excellent tunes on it! I have 2 copies of the vinyl if anyone is looking for one...
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite   Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 1:04 pm

martinsane wrote:
They are all awesome!

Of note that Big Guns cut WAS released in the US of A on the original issue of the Ground Zero cassette only version of the S/T release. I have it. It closed out the album right after Highway Star! I bought the cassette in 1984 from a Kent, Washington Mom and Pop record store that consigned the MC tape.

Are you sure that wasn't the Banzai cassette version?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite   Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 3:30 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
"Death Wish"! That song kicks major ass!

Totally this. Always wished they would've retooled it for a later release.

Big Guns should've been on the debut, too. I've never been fond of the Highway Star cover TBH.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite   Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 3:34 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
martinsane wrote:
They are all awesome!

Are you sure that wasn't the Banzai cassette version?

Most positive.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite   Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 4:34 pm

'The Brave'. It's the only one I knew. The other tracks are cool though.

I always wondered why this song was included on the Decline soundtrack when the band was neither featured nor really fit the criteria of that film.

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite   Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Church - 1984 Non-Album/Import Only Tracks - Your Favorite
Page 1 of 1