Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide

Go down 
+5
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
nevermore
Wurthless
Required Fields
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide Empty
PostSubject: Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide   Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 7:23 pm

http://decibelmagazine.com/blog/2016/6/14/ex-pyrexia-vocalist-arrested-in-alleged-shooting-of-three-men

More bad publicity for the metal scene. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide   Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 11:33 pm

eh F*ck it, people already think of metal fans as baby eaters, satan worshipers, or neckbearded fedora-wearers anyway. i don't think that's gonna change anytime soon.

one homicidal dude won't change the public's perception of metal fans, and most people won't ever come around to the idea that there might be artistic expression contained within "all that screaming noise," either.

and that is awful news (the shooting), in and of itself. RIP.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide   Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 7:19 pm

Crazy story!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide   Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 8:33 pm

Quote :
More bad publicity for the metal scene.

I think you're over-estimating the impact of this story just a bit. If the shooter was Lars Ulrich or someone of similar stature, it would naturally be headline news. But it's just some random Joe Schmoe who "used to be" in a no-name death metal band, so it'll barely register on the cultural radar.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide   Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 4:53 am

Which metal vocalist was convicted of murder a few years ago? I can't seem to remember.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide   Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 11:47 am

Gilbert wrote:
Which metal vocalist was convicted of murder a few years ago? I can't seem to remember.

I can't think of one who was convicted of a murder recently, but Varg Vikernes was the bassist for Mayhem and was/is the vocalist for Burzum, and he murdered Euronymous, guitarist of Mayhem, in 1993.

I do know that there was a black metal musician accused of sexually assaulting his girlfriend; also, I read that the original vocalist of the death metal band Internal Bleeding (never played on a studio album, though) was accused of raping his girlfriend, but when I looked up an article for him, I found nothing that proved it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide   Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 1:47 pm

I guess it was the singer of a christian metal band. If i recall well he was charged with the murder of his wife.

Wish i could remember the band's name.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide   Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 1:48 pm

Just remembered. The band is as i lay dying.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide   Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 1:57 pm

Gilbert wrote:

I think that was conspiracy to murder.

Have Avenged Sevenfold been convicted of murdering old metal tunes yet?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide   Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 2:48 pm

Gilbert wrote:

He never actually killed anybody tho. He got caught trying to hire a hitman to kill his then-wife for him.

Lesson to be learned: if you want a job done right, you gotta do it yourself. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide   Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 5:54 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide   Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 9:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

He never actually killed anybody tho. He got caught trying to hire a hitman to kill his then-wife for him.

Lesson to be learned: if you want a job done right, you gotta do it yourself. Laughing very hard

"Yes I'm the one they call the man
Any time at all, I'm just a hitman
I'll get the job done
No one will ever know it was you, it was you."

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide   Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 9:11 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I think that was conspiracy to murder.

lol!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide   Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 12:15 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide   Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Pyrexia vocalist arrested for triple homicide
Page 1 of 1