Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy

Go down 
+12
mlotek
assault_attack
candlemass
glassprison
deathisgain
James B.
Eyesore
Runicen
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Addy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 9:49 pm

But in Project Mayhem, we have no names.
Narrator: No, listen to me. This is a man and he has a name, and it's Scott Stapp , okay?
Mechanic: Scott Stapp.
Narrator: He is dead now, because of us, all right? You understand that?
[Everyone stares at Narrator]
Mechanic: I understand. In death, a member of Project Mayhem has a name. His name is Scott Stapp.
Steph: His name is Scott Stapp.
Narrator: Stop it! Shut up!
All Space Monkeys: His name is !
All Space Monkeys (louder): His name is Scott Stapp ! His name is Scott Stapp !
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 9:09 am

Really dig this song, too. Even though Stapp is doing that thing with his voice.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 9:30 am

Where did Stapp learn how to pronounce words?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2017 12:18 pm

Hey, I like that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 10:37 am

I enjoyed the first song, but this new one didn't do much for me. Maybe it's the return of the "yarl".

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 12:20 pm

Yeah, I can usually take him in small doses. I have a greatest hits of Creed I made I listen to once in awhile, mostly because Tremonti can play.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 11:22 am

Well this is an interesting turn of events...

Quote :
According to SILive.com, Scott Stapp has been sued by the founders of ART OF ANARCHY for allegedly refusing to tour with the band and participate in promotional photo and video shoots and publicity events.

The $1.2-million lawsuit was filed in New York State Supreme Court by Vice Inc., whose chief executive officer and principal executive officer are ART OF ANARCHY guitarist Jonathan Votta and drummer Vincent Votta.

Vice claims to have paid the CREED singer $200,000 for services to be rendered, which he asked to be treated as a loan, for tax purposes.

Stapp only performed at 18 concerts with ART OF ANARCHY last year and did not appear at scheduled a video shoot last October on the deck of the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum on the Hudson River in Manhattan.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/scott-stapp-sued-by-art-of-anarchy-over-alleged-failure-to-promote-the-madness-album/

They need to stop hiring jackasses for front men. Razz

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 11:23 am

He's such a mess with his mental issues he needs to step out of music.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 11:31 am

Dude definitely has troubles...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 5:31 pm

Eyesore wrote:
...replacing one dead drug addict with another drug addict who will likely be dead soon just makes no sense to me.

I love both albums these guys have put out, but they only have themselves to blame. You can't replace a drug-addicted singer with a drug-addicted singer and expect a different outcome. That is monumentally stupid.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 5:32 pm

They should still hire Mina Caputo.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 10:46 pm

Why do you want Caputo to leave LOA? I don't think most mainstream bands want a transgender person in their group. Not everyone is on board with that kinda stuff.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 4:05 am

Troublezone wrote:
Why do you want Caputo to leave LOA? I don't think most mainstream bands want a transgender person in their group. Not everyone is on board with that kinda stuff.

Life of Agony doesn't tour much at all. As for the rest of what you said, I don't think most mainstream bands are that homophobic/transphobic.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Well this is an interesting turn of events...

Quote :
According to SILive.com, Scott Stapp has been sued by the founders of ART OF ANARCHY for allegedly refusing to tour with the band and participate in promotional photo and video shoots and publicity events.

The $1.2-million lawsuit was filed in New York State Supreme Court by Vice Inc., whose chief executive officer and principal executive officer are ART OF ANARCHY guitarist Jonathan Votta and drummer Vincent Votta.

Vice claims to have paid the CREED singer $200,000 for services to be rendered, which he asked to be treated as a loan, for tax purposes.

Stapp only performed at 18 concerts with ART OF ANARCHY last year and did not appear at scheduled a video shoot last October on the deck of the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum on the Hudson River in Manhattan.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/scott-stapp-sued-by-art-of-anarchy-over-alleged-failure-to-promote-the-madness-album/

They need to stop hiring jackasses for front men. Razz

I read about that , interesting turn of events....
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 2:38 pm

Why would anyone hand Stapp a big bundle of cash and expect him to keep his word?

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 2:59 pm

I doubt anyone will want to work with him again. He got a second chance after his meltdown, and he blew it... 

Not to mention, his solo albums are generic crap like Sebastian Bach's.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 3:39 pm

Troublezone wrote:

It just goes to show you that the singer <> the band.

Bach didn't even write most of SR's hits, did he? I think that was the singer before him.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 5:10 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Bach didn't even write most of SR's hits, did he?  I think that was the singer before him.

I think he contributed here and there... but Snake and Bolan were the main guys. They did all work well together while it lasted.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 5:04 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Bach didn't even write most of SR's hits, did he?  I think that was the singer before him.

Pretty sure Bach has never written a song in his life.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 11:32 am

Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Bach has a handful of credits on the first 3 Skid Row albums, but I've always got the impression they were "pity credits". He was the Ringo to Sabo and Bolan's Lennon-McCartney. Razz

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 11:35 am

Eyesore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
...replacing one dead drug addict with another drug addict who will likely be dead soon just makes no sense to me.

I love both albums these guys have put out, but they only have themselves to blame. You can't replace a drug-addicted singer with a drug-addicted singer and expect a different outcome. That is monumentally stupid.

I really enjoy the first album with Weiland. I wanted to give this 2nd album a chance, despite my dislike of Stapp, but the 2 tunes I heard didn't do much for me.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 12:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Yeah, that's my impression too. He's just a singer. So often people assume singers write their own parts. It's best when they do, but it certainly doesn't have to be that way.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 1:52 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Yeah, that's my impression too.  He's just a singer.  So often people assume singers write their own parts.  It's best when they do, but it certainly doesn't have to be that way.

I'm pretty sure he did help with writing some of the vocal melodies (a la Ozzy).  Laughing

I know he has a credit for the song "Piece of Me".
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 2:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Bach has a handful of credits on the first 3 Skid Row albums, but I've always got the impression they were "pity credits". He was the Ringo to Sabo and Bolan's Lennon-McCartney. Razz

Lyrics mostly would be my guess.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 2:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I really enjoy the first album with Weiland. I wanted to give this 2nd album a chance, despite my dislike of Stapp, but the 2 tunes I heard didn't do much for me.

I'm not a fan of Stapp, either, but I liked how he sounded on this album. It didn't encourage me to buy his solo stuff or any Creed albums, but he sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy   Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott Stapp announced as the new singer for Art of Anarchy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2