Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules Empty
PostSubject: REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules   REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 11:18 pm

Evil power metal from the depths of Slytherin dungeons for fans of mid-era Megadeth (Countdown to Extinction, Youthanasia circa, etc.)

1. Enter
2. Wake Up Fool
3. To Be Announced
4. Solid Metal Rules
5. Reptile (Instrumental)
6. Pagans
7. Sweet Smell of Hell
8. Waves of Desolation

Coming out Spring 2016. Release date below is tentative and subject to change without notice.

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules   REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 8:53 am

Holy cow, that really does sound like vintage Deth....neat-o. Badass cover art too...Me likee. headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules   REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2016 10:22 am

The sons of Megadeth - lol - 'Wake up dead' -
Sounds a touch of Metal Church too - cool torch carriers then -
their logo design however - looks like 'repile'...
.they should of just spelt it out - POW - R E P T I L E
It's a good name for a band name though-
as if a tip of the cap to Motorhead
'Love Me Like a Reptile ' -
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules   REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 2:43 am

Cover art was drawn by our buddy Alan Lathwell - mega-awesome artist from UK. The logo is home-made, naturally. If it was up to me I'd have given it to Chris Horst to clean it up, but the band seems attached to it, so I'm going to save a buck and let it go, although it does trigger my OCD quite badly, I have to admit Smile.

This release is not going to dent the market, as most South American releases are heavily scrutinized and frown upon the bad Engrish vokills. Although that lead-guitar kid got big chops and there are some killer tunes hidden within to satiate even the most demanding 'deth fans. Given they are open-minded enough to see past the language limitations of course.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules   REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 7:53 am

Again, thanks for posting this band. Won't be easy to find around here though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules   REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 11:20 am

Interesting. Not sure I'm on-board with the shrieky, growly background vocals, but because they aren't front-and-center, I can probably overlook them. The Megadeth comparison is cool though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules   REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 2:40 pm

The cover art is outrageous !
If I saw that, back in the day, LP format - on my wall !!
I agree with Metalguy on the background vocal part -
it kinda sidetracks the band's message - it's different though -
Home-made logo - that made me smile -
all bands doodle in notebooks between practices study
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules   REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2016 11:27 am

I've got a copy of this coming to me from Stormspell's CDBaby store. Lookin' forward to it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules   REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 12:16 pm

Got my copy of Solid Metal Rules from CDBaby at the end of last week. Here's what I wrote about it on RateYourMusic:

What the hell's in the water in South America that keeps pumping out all these bad-ass, pissed-off '80s style thrash bands?  Between Colombia's Reptile and Brazil's Woslom (my other most recent South American thrash discovery), it's like 1988 up in here all over again. Anyway, music-wise  Reptile spits out some seriously gnarly Megadeth worship on Solid Metal Rules, falling squarely into the Rust In Peace/Countdown To Extinction pocket. However, the harsh-n-screechy vocals (sounding much like a combo of the young-n-angry Mustaine and Kreator's Mille Petrozza getting a hot foot) might be an acquired taste for some. It took a few spins for this one to grow on me (mostly due to the vocals) but eventually I concluded that riff and 'tude wise these dudes can throw down the thrash most admirably. Added bonuses, Solid Metal Rules sports the most METAL-as-f*ck CD cover I've seen all year, and the lyric sheet is a cavalcade of unintentional comedy due to the language barrier. Overall, muy bueno, fellas.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules   REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REPTILE - Solid Metal Rules
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: