Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Three Alice Coopers !

Go down 
+13
nevermore
Thrasher73
Wurthless
tohostudios
ultmetal
BubbaTwoSix
DallasBlack
Gilbert
MoonChild
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
Glower
17 posters

Best Alice Cooper release
Welcome To My Nightmare
Three Alice Coopers ! Vote_lcap76%Three Alice Coopers ! Vote_rcap
 76% [ 16 ]
Alice Cooper Goes To Hell
Three Alice Coopers ! Vote_lcap14%Three Alice Coopers ! Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Lace and Whiskey
Three Alice Coopers ! Vote_lcap10%Three Alice Coopers ! Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3173

Three Alice Coopers ! Empty
PostSubject: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 12:49 pm

These are my top 3 Cooper releases.
I just was curious to how everyone would vote.
Guy is STILL touring...will be in Lynn Massachusetts.
I heard him and King Diamond have played golf together...
anyone know if THAT'S true ?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 1:03 pm

Welcome to My Nightmare by a fairly big margin over Goes to Hell. Goes to Hell has it's charm and it's grown on me, but it's not one I visit too often when I want to hear some Coop.

I don't own Lace & Whiskey. I think the only song I know is the hit, 'You & Me'.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 1:13 pm

Nightmare for me too, although that and Billion Dollar Babies are the only two Cooper albums I've heard. I really need to dive into his stuff at some point.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 1:40 pm

Nightmare for me as well.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39605

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 1:46 pm

Besides the radio staples, I know nothing of Cooper's material.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 2:34 pm

Nightmare, but i am not much of a fan.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 4:42 pm

I have albums from most eras of Alice and Nightmare is one of my top ones.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
BubbaTwoSix
Metal novice
Metal novice
BubbaTwoSix

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 4:50 pm

Glower wrote:
These are my top 3 Cooper releases.
I just was curious to how everyone would vote.
Guy is STILL touring...will be in Lynn Massachusetts.
I heard him and King Diamond have played golf together...
anyone know if THAT'S true ?

I heard they played golf then went to church together.

Go To Hell is his best work. Period.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 10:32 pm

Welcome to My Nightmare is one of my all time favorites.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 10:43 pm

I voted Nightmare too. 

When I was a kid I saw Alice perform that whole album on TV (I think it was some late night rock program on ABC back then). 

I was totally blown away.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 11:36 pm

I've never extensively listened to Alice Cooper, I only own School's Out, which is a crazy good album. And I've jammed on Billion Dollar Babies and Welcome to Your Nightmare before, but never felt the need to get them. I'd just watch the random songs I wanna hear from him on YouTube (Blue Turk was a favorite) if the mood ever strikes.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 1:39 am

Nightmare
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25875

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 11:09 am

Nightmare gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2016 11:25 am

Lace & Whiskey, there's just always been something about that album that I liked especially the opening track.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 11:18 am

It had to be "Goes to Hell" for me. It's a pretty mellow album by Alice standards, but the concept is a bit more glued together than Nightmare and you're guaranteed not to feel any of its songs are "overplayed."

There's also something hilarious about the Coop doing, "I'm Always Chasing Rainbows."
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 2:22 pm

akeldama wrote:
Lace & Whiskey, there's just always been something about that album that I liked especially the opening track.

Yes, dude, "It's Hot Tonight" is among my favorite tracks. I went with L&W, too. Love that whole albums.

All three are great, and Nightmare has some staple stuff and is classic Coop, no question. I could've told you before looking at the poll results what the winner would be. There's a reason that almost all of that album is still played regularly live. Out of the near 10 time I've seen him, I've probably only ever seen at most 2 songs from each of the other two polled albums live. Nightmare certainly has a theatricality about it, obviously.

Given that Alice is such a hits artist for many people (and the majority of his live show is reflective of that), I do love that he pulls out a couple deep cuts at every show. I've seen at least one song from almost every album live between all the shows I've seen. Maybe no Zipper Catches Skin, I don't remember ever hearing anything from that. And the first two albums, of course, he doesn't really seem to play anything from.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 2:51 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
akeldama wrote:

Yes, dude, "It's Hot Tonight" is among my favorite tracks. I went with L&W, too. Love that whole albums.

All three are great, and Nightmare has some staple stuff and is classic Coop, no question. I could've told you before looking at the poll results what the winner would be. There's a reason that almost all of that album is still played regularly live. Out of the near 10 time I've seen him, I've probably only ever seen at most 2 songs from each of the other two polled albums live. Nightmare certainly has a theatricality about it, obviously.

Given that Alice is such a hits artist for many people (and the majority of his live show is reflective of that), I do love that he pulls out a couple deep cuts at every show. I've seen at least one song from almost every album live between all the shows I've seen. Maybe no Zipper Catches Skin, I don't remember ever hearing anything from that. And the first two albums, of course, he doesn't really seem to play anything from.

That's probably one of the best things about Alice - he know what it's like to be a fan, so he's giving the fans what they want.. Well, as much as you can hope to please however many thousands of people any given tour!

Far as I'm concerned, he passed into godhood strictly on the basis of Welcome 2 My Nightmare being the equal of the original. If anybody else has followed up a classic album deliberately and done a good job of it, I'm blanking on them. I think Alice is the only one. Three Alice Coopers ! 591800
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 2:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 5:14 pm

This song has some great lines....
" I'm gonna sign my name - to a full confession " - etc
Sounds like when Beatles, Ringo, singing act naturally - lol
" cause then you find out they got some venomous mind "
and of course....
"if you think - being a stud - is easy....." ( sound effect too )
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 5:34 pm

I am a huge Alice fan, I voted for 'Welcome to My Nightmare' love that album, thou 'Alice Cooper Goes to Hell' is an excellent album in its own right.

'Lace and Whiskey' in retrospect is a good album but one that took me awhile to get into. This and the follow up are the most personal albums, where songs for the most part are about Alice the man as opposed to Alice as a character he plays on stage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three Alice Coopers !   Three Alice Coopers ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Three Alice Coopers !
Page 1 of 1